Trying to Get Pregnant

Inositol Success? PCOS?

Hello! So i am not sure where to post this, but has anyone taken inositol and have success getting pregnant? We are maxed out on trying with doctors, we have exhausted every opportunity... So now i am trying to see if there is a way to get pregnant naturally? This has been a 10year journey for us... we managed to have two perfect boys, from 7 rounds of ivf and 13 embryos... things have changed a bit since we first began trying, and my doctor has not heard of Inositol, but Dr. Google says it can work, i am just looking for real world success? Thanks ladies!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

Re: Inositol Success? PCOS?

• kfdecarie said:
    Hello! So i am not sure where to post this, but has anyone taken inositol and have success getting pregnant? We are maxed out on trying with doctors, we have exhausted every opportunity... So now i am trying to see if there is a way to get pregnant naturally? This has been a 10year journey for us... we managed to have two perfect boys, from 7 rounds of ivf and 13 embryos... things have changed a bit since we first began trying, and my doctor has not heard of Inositol, but Dr. Google says it can work, i am just looking for real world success? Thanks ladies!
    QFP

Many of the women on this board have never been pregnant, myself included, so I have no real life experience to be able to tell you if this works. It's also important to note that just because something works for one person, it doesn't mean it will work for you. 

Unfortunately, TTGP has a very active IF community. I'd recommend reading the Newbie Guide pinned to the top of the board and intro-ing in the IF thread. One-off posts like this clutter the board, so we prefer questions to be asked in the weekly/daily threads. GL.
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the tip! I have been posting on a few boards and then seem to get referred to another!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• @kfdecarie Good luck!  If you decide to come back here for the remainder of your TTC journey, don't forget to read the pinned posts and introduce yourself on the weekly thread!  We love new members and we really love when they fully participate and support others!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • I am also PCOS and have been on all the supplements.  While perhaps the supplements have helped my egg quality, It sure hasn't gotten me knocked up, sorry.  If you're trying for getting KU naturally I would recommend the book It Starts with the Egg.  

Best of luck to you - feel free to into and join in the IF thread here.
  • Welcome OP - that's the main trouble is most of us can't answer your question here bc the majority are TTC No1.  Success after IF maybe a more fit crowd?

Also, we are a pretty bonded community - so we'll be happy to have you lurk, intro and start participating regularly, support the crud outta your journey(!), answer alll sorts of questions on the daily threads, ...but like the one-off google type thing - hi and bye - that's what we try to discourage - not bc we're unhelpful - but bc we prefer to foster that community bond (and discourage transients lol)

For the sake of argument, I don't have pcos but I saw someone shared an article not too long ago I found interesting about inositol helping improve egg quality upon retrieval for IVF patients.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4464995/

Kicking myself a little bc I am starting it up again now only 2 months out from retrieval, not 3, but it is what it is.  GL!!!
  • virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited July 2023
    roslyn09 said:
    I have used [deleted] fertility pills for 7 months and successfully conceived. It is contains folate, myo-inositol, magnesium stearate and D-chiro-inositol. They all help to promote reproductive health and ovulation plus increases the chances of conception.
    @roslyn09 please girl.  Stop digging up new threads that are 5-8 years old from people who are no longer here, and replying with new details of your success story.  This is the 4th time you’ve recommended [deleted] to people who were struggling 5+ years ago.  There are real women currently in these threads, educated in all things TTC, some of us taking inositols (in the recommended ratio).

Please, we know about [deleted].  Please move on to your BMB.

*edit to snip the name … obvious supplement rep is obvious.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017