August 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Weekly Check-in, Week of June 19

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).
Sorry, I haven't been great lately about getting this up every week. I'm doing it a tad early, just in case Monday gets away from me!

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: Have you done any nesting yet?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Weekly Check-in, Week of June 19

• Options
    This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    Approaching 34 weeks!
    How are you doing? 
    Physically, good. Still having some nausea, but it's mostly tolerable. 
    When is your next appointment? 
    Next Friday, then it's on to weekly appointments!
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 
    I am utterly exhausted! I started the day making a Father's Day breakfast for DH. Then hit the baby's room hard. Then got called into work and worked 4 1/2 hours. Came straight home, cleaned some thing and up, worked in the nursery some more, made dinner, got lunch and dinner ready for tomorrow, cleaned up the kitchen and finished the nursery. My back hurts, my eyeballs hurt, my everything hurts!
    See above, lol! Probably did about 6 loads of baby laundry today and got it all organized. That was after spending about 2 hours in the 90+ degree attic yesterday. But all of my saved girl clothes are gone and all of the boy stuff is organized!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    I'll try a brief background since I haven't really posted here at all. I belong to a couple other PGAL groups online so I never really started posting in here. My due date is Aug 5 but is unlikely I'll actually be allowed to get to August before they induce. Because I'm in due date limbo I never was really sure which month group I should be part of so I ended up not being part of either.

I had a stillbirth and subsequent miscarriages after that stillbirth. The stillbirth was late term (24+) and caused by physical trauma. I was a teenager and had a very abusive and jealous ex and the whole situation did not end well. I survived, my baby boy did not. I did not expect to ever be able to have children after that incident. I grew up believing it was completely impossible to carry to term. 

Skip ahead to current day, I saw a new OB after my husband and I married and they told me that they believed that I had healed quite a bit better than expected in the 10 years since my incident and that it might very well be possible to carry to term and that we should consider trying before going the surrogate route. My husband and I decided to try and in 2014 we were able to conceive and carry my DD to term! She is now 3. After trying for 2 years I have managed to hold onto my current pregnancy and have had very little of the bleeding and adhesion pain I experienced my first pregnancy. I had 2 miscarriages in the 2 years it took to conceive my daughter, which altogether I guess isn't as bad as it could have been but was still difficult and made me question if maybe we should just stop and be happy with our little miracle daughter. When I was ready to give up I got my BFP and Baby Girl #2 has stuck. 

As we get closer to my due date I'm finding myself more comfortable talking about this baby and it coming home, something I struggle with.

I know I'm new here and I hope that my story helps you know me a bit and maybe helps you understand why I wasn't really comfortable being part of pregnancy forums until I knew with a bit more certainty that I'd be able to carry to full term. I hope that all of you are doing well and appreciate the chance to meet you and share here. 

How far along are you?
    I'm 33 wks 5 days today

How are you doing? I'm actually rather uncomfortable. Baby has dropped and making things very uncomfortable when I stand/walk.I am also having a lot of trouble emptying my bladder. But i'm also really excited that this baby is in a good position and seems to be healthy and growing well.

When is your next appointment? I have my next NST tomorrow. I have NSts every Tuesday and Friday and see my midwife/OB every 2 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Baby is measuring about a 1.5 lbs large and everyone feels like they get to comment about my size and just how ready to pop I am. I'm so over the comments. 

we are sooo not ready! My 3-year-old daughter hasn't moved into her new room yet so both her room and the nursery are in this weird transition/upheaval. My husband keeps telling me to keep calm and we'll get it all done before baby comes but it all feels like it won't ever get completed and I'll be digging through boxes of folded baby clothing instead of drawers when the baby shows up. Which I know will not be the end of the world by any means but it still bothers me I'm so behind. Hormones are great, aren't they!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @boxerbabylove, welcome! So happy to have you join us! We usually have more activity than this. Hopefully it will pick back up next week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    a2003tiger  thanks :) I know that attendance fluctuates. We're all getting closer and there is so much to get done!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker