August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Cravings:

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? 

Re: STM+ check in

• How many other children do you have? 

Twi

How far along are you?

34w1d

I have been pretty uncomfortable this week. Lots of crampy feelings and lower back pain mixed with nausea and heartburn. This week has been rough! 

Cravings:

I was craving iced coffee from one of my favorite local places. I got it yesterday and it was amazing! 

Also, I cannot get enough ice water. I'm seriously drinking 150-200 oz a day

I'm at my 34 week check up now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Anyone else feel like this pregnancy has gone faster than any other?? 

I would love to learn how to renovate my home. I love DIY but I'm so nervous to actually try anything myself. 

• LSP87LSP87 member
    edited June 2017
    How many other children do you have? 1 DS (3)

How far along are you? 32 +3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Still dealing with SPD. Now dealing with more swelling and racing heartbeat. Everything started earlier this time around but symptoms aren't very different from my first pregnancy.

Cravings: Water, protein, ICE

Any appointments this week? I have an appointment on Monday for fetal monitoring and more testing as previous tests have shown high proteins.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had my baby shower last week and I cannot express how grateful I am for all the hand-me-downs! I got so many cute outfits, DD will be pretty set for 2 years!!

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? I would really love to learn Spanish. I really only somewhat know a very watered-down semi-version that's more like a "Tex-Mex" style but it would be really awesome if I could dedicate my time and energy to learn the language fluently and properly.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many other children do you have? DD is almost 14 months

How far along are you? 32 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Just a lot more BH contractions, and pain if I stand or walk too long.

Cravings: Sweets!

Any appointments this week? Had one on Monday and next Friday. Everything is good.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Baby is still transverse, which I'm not concerned about except that it's increasingly more uncomfortable. And it's flipping hot right now. Like 105!

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? How to cook from a professional. I enjoy cooking but I feel like when I branch out and make something new, it never turns out how I imagined.

Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • How many other children do you have? A three year old DD

How far along are you? 34+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Way more tired this pregnancy. Pelvic/crotch pain is back. Nightly heartburn.

Cravings: Cold things (ice cream, salads, etc) since it's been so hot.

Any appointments this week? Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions? Stsrting to get more anxious for this LO to arrive and how different things will be with two.

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? I'd like to "master" snowboarding so I'd enjoy it more. DH taught me in 2009 but I'm just not that into it and he LOVES it. He'll teach our kids someday and at this point I plan to be enjoying cocktails in the lodge while he takes them (which honestly sounds so nice!). But doing it as a family would also be nice.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How many other children do you have? 1, DS turned 2 yesterday 

How far along are you? 33 weeks today 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Back, hip,  and leg pain. Insomnia. First and second trimester were a breeze compared to my 1st pregnancy. 3rd tri is basically identical. He's measuring big and it feels like he's trying to push out of my stomach. 

Cravings: ice cream sandwiches 

Any appointments this week? Not till July 5

Rant/Rave/Questions? Too much to do in too little time 

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? Not that aspirational, but I would love to learn to drive a manual transmission 

• lwhrmommalwhrmomma member
    edited June 2017

How many other children do you have? 

One, DS turned two last month.

How far along are you?

32+6

My first pregnancy was a breeze.  This is not.  I've had major anxiety which has gotten worse lately.  I've got my irritable uterus under control and haven't had contractions in over a week.  My biggest complaint right now is that baby is very low and puts so much pressure on my pelvis that it's uncomfortable to walk anywhere. 

Cravings:

Milkshakes!

No, 34 week checkup is on July 3rd.  I may request a quick US to check cervix length and position of baby. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DH has been on a business trip in Atlanta all week, so I stayed with my mom while he was away.  She is just the best.  Took care of me and DS the whole time, I felt so relaxed and pampered by her.  Is it wrong that I wish I could live with her for the rest of the pregnancy?  

ETA: the bump cut off my gtky answer.  I'd love to learn how to cook, knit,  use sign language,  and how to shoot manual on my camera.

Pregnancy Ticker

4 y/o dd

How far along are you?

32w2d

Feet swelling, exhausted. I'd say it's similar to my first. 

Cravings:

More adversions than carving. Almost nothing sounds appetizing. 

Had an appt on Wednesday, measuring on track. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Still trying to decide between repeat cs or try for a vbac. My ob is supportive either way. With my first they did an ultrasound around 36 weeks and sent me to a high tech ultrasound place because they were concerned about some of her measurements and wanted a second opinion. My old ob was extremely concerned about her size and I ended up doing a scheduled cs a week before the due date. Dd was 8lbs 8oz so a little big but not as crazy large as they expected. I knew/know ultrasounds are only an estimate. One of the major reasons I want to try for a vbac is because it will be cheaper and less hospital stay. Dh doesn't have an opinion, he's okay with whatever I decide.

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? fancy cake decorating. I love baking and am okay with decorating cakes but I always wanted to learn more. But I don't know if I have the patience for some of it. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• How many other children do you have? 1 DS 4 yr old

How far along are you? 33+2

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Very similar to my last pregnancy, heart burn, backaches, leg cramps

Cravings: N/A

Any appointments this week? None this week. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Did any STMs have their membrane swept? Did it send you into labor, if so how long after???

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? Anything crafty! I'm the least crafty person I know.

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @britvahok I had mine swept with DD twice and it did nothing at all for me. But I've heard of lots of people who it did work shortly after. 

@kristenk727 yes to sign language! I should have remembered that one. We have good friends whose teenager is deaf. He plays with DD a lot too and she doesn't understand that he can't hear. It just breaks my heart that we can't communicate well with him. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @morgy_bee  I thought this being my second pregnancy it would go faster then it has.  The second trimester seemed so long for me.  It seems to be going a little faster now, but 7 weeks is still a long time.  That is impressive on the water intake. I thought I was doing good with 100oz.

@bumpybump  DH is a really good snowboarder and I have excepted we will never be at the same level.  We live in a ski town so we don't even go on the same days because we like different snow conditions.  When DS gets older I will probably be able to keep up for a few years and go with them, but then I am fine to let them go on their own.  It is nice to have the time to myself or sit in the lodge and read.

@britvahok I went over with DS so assume I had mine swept but I don't remember having it done.  If I did it didn't work, and if I didn't I still went into labor before I was set to be induced.

How many other children do you have? DS who is 3.5

How far along are you? 33 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Everything is pretty similar. I do have leg cramps which are new.

Cravings: Fresh fruit

Any appointments this week? Wednesday

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? I would like to be able to draw.  I am exceptionally bad at it and it would be nice to have at least some basic skill.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @britvahok I had mine swept around 40 weeks and it did nothing.
  • @shyviolet it's like I can't get enough which sucks because I pee all. The. Time. So annoying!! 

2 boys

How far along are you?

31+1

Insomnia, constipation, lower back pain and leg cramps in the middle of the night.  At least my heartburn seems to have subsided.

Cravings:

Things I can't really have any more like ice cream and lot of bread because I need to watch my sugar.

Regular OB appointment and my first appointment with diabetes monitoring place both on Friday.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I'm realizing that I can't move around as much as I want to now.  I spent a lot of the weekend dealing with laundry, organizing closets and trying to clean out the nursery.  I was up and down a lot and getting up or moving the wrong way led to lower back and sciatica pain at times.  I want to get everything done before I really have trouble doing things.

I like baking, but am not a good cook, which is a big part of the reason why DH does all of the cooking.  I wouldn't mind learning how to cook or even how to bake more complicated things.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How many other children do you have? 2 daughters (5 & 2.5)

How far along are you? 32w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I am struggling more with constipation this time than the other two pregnancies and holy pregnancy brain! Thinking actually hurts. My midwife yesterday told me that this is because my uterus is getting all the blood flow. I had acupuncture last night and she focused on brain points and I actually can tell the difference today. (I can form thoughts to post on here now, ha!) 

Cravings: My cravings are so much healthier than they were with the girl pregnancies! I mostly just want salad and veggies and dip (and all the lemonade). I am craving potato chips like nobody's business though and that is a constant struggle because I don't need the sodium to add to any existing swelling. 

Any appointments this week? I saw my midwife yesterday. Everything looks good. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I love acupuncture! I don't think it is

GTKY: what would you most like to learn and why? I would like to learn Italian (and have tried on multiple occassions that keep fizzling out), so that I could help DH embrace his culture, but he doesn't like to speak it (traumatized as a kid from being behind English speaking peers) and every time I try my MIL corrects my pronounciation and I can't cope. After this baby is born I am going to take up riding lessons with my 5 year old who loves horses and has been in lessons for a year. I love horses too and always wished I was more comfortable around them. I can't wait!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17