September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 6/19

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 6/19

• @missyrosek fx. Always better to be safe. 
  • Just saw the doctor, everything looks fine. Uterus and cervix are good. Heartbeat remained steady. I'm heading home to rest the rest of the day. I'm so glad everything is okay! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @missyrosek Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Any one know if icy hot is approved during pregnancy.... my back feels like it's tearing apart 
  • @lexibelly my thighs become besties when I'm pregnant. Never fails. Lol
  • 27w5d I tried to push past my exhaustion to get some of my house cleaned up today. Now I'm having bad cramps in my lower belly, owwww.
  • And here I thought I was going to avoid cramping this time around. I shouldn't have been smug. My body is starting to rebel. Leg cramps last night after being woken up at midnight by DS. Foot cramps this morning. Ugh. 
  • I'm having some discomfort toward the top of my rib cage. Wondering what's causing it, though I think baby had a recent growth spurt so maybe things are just shifting around inside?
  • I'm having some discomfort toward the top of my rib cage. Wondering what's causing it, though I think baby had a recent growth spurt so maybe things are just shifting around inside?
    Is the pain in your sternum? If so, it could be relaxin widening your rib cage to make room for your organs and baby. I do some chest stretched to relieve the pressure. 
  • 27w6d I'm so exhausted all the time. My perfect plan this summer of get my maternity lesson plans done while my son takes a nap each day, is slowly going out the window because his nap time ends up becoming my nap time too.
  • lilpoots said:
    I'm having some discomfort toward the top of my rib cage. Wondering what's causing it, though I think baby had a recent growth spurt so maybe things are just shifting around inside?
    Is the pain in your sternum? If so, it could be relaxin widening your rib cage to make room for your organs and baby. I do some chest stretched to relieve the pressure. 
    Sort of, yes. I thought it could be the rib cage expanding. I was a little worried it's diastesis recti, but Dr Google suggests it's not, based on where the pain is.
  • @divinemsm620 dr google is scary. Diastasis recti usually causes the middle of your abdomen to bulge or have an odd divet. If the pain is more than just a discomfort, I would mention it at your OB appointment. I get a lot of rib soreness, but it is definitely my ribs.
  • @lilpoots oh, definitely planning to discuss at my next appointment, which is coming up Friday. Since it is just discomfort, and I've been much more physically active the last couple of days, I feel ok about waiting until then.
  • Anyone else bruising easier? I literally spent just 15-20 minutes weeding my garden this morning, and now my palms are all bruised. I never used to bruise that easily, especially not from intermittently leaning on potting soil.
  • @JNR6510 did you get a CBC done at the same time as your gestational diabetes screening? I'd bring it up at your next doctors appointment. That tends to happen to me when I am anemic. 
  • @JNR6510 I also noticed at my last blood draw it left a nasty bruise which almost never happens. So I am not sure if it was due to my anemia or if she just stuck me really hard.
  • @Breath_Easy92 I use BenGay I don't know if you tried this yet
  • @bnmort8 I have not, I keep forgetting to ask my doc what's okay to use so I've not been trying anything. But I'll definitely look into that :) thank you!
  • @tfrangul nah, the opposite for me! Mine have touched my whole life, now they have a space! And my hips hurts, and I have nerve pain in my legs. Going to see a physical therapist soon, as obviously my pelvis is trying to do something weird and it's not going well haha... I have really narrow hips, as you can see in the photo my belly is almost wider than you hem somehow? So I think maybe the way some people get ribs moving funny, I'm getting some funny action in my pelvis. But this PT is amazing, so I'm sure he will sort me out, and get me pelvis ready to squish a baby out