August 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 6/22

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 6/22

• bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited June 2017

How far along are you? 34 wks

How big is baby? Butternut Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? Same as before but pelvic/crotch pain has returned. Was constipated a couple days and it was like the first poop after birth so that sucked! Exhaustion, dry skin, some minor lower back pain, foot swelling, etc.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DD has been really "off" on her sleep lately. Falling asleep late and waking up early. I really just want my sleep. Not really looking forward to the sleepless nights ahead with a newborn too.

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? Compulsive weed pulling. I cannot be outside and near our landscaping without pulling a weed(s) if I see them. DH always says I'm addicted to pulling them and I can't disagree. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 34 weeks.... 6 left. 

How big is baby? butternut squash. Based on last week's appointment she's probably about 4 and a half pounds. She FEELS like a butternut squash now, rolling around in there. I don't know what's her head and what's her behind. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday check-in

Any new symptoms or changes? I was excited at my last check-in that they weren't doing urine tests anymore, but I'm going to ask for one for Tuesday. Sometimes when I'm walking I feel like I'm getting stabbed in the urethra. Although I don't have any other symptoms of a UTI, you can have one without knowing it according to Dr. Google. I'm concerned that I have one. There's the pregnancy-induced feeling of always having to go pee, but this occasional stabbing is just weird. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Pee. So much pee. Getting up twice a night. 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? I really don't think I have one. We all have bad habits, right, but I don't think I'm addicted to anything. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @DeansGirl14 they stopped doing urine tests??? That's really odd to me. They should still be checking your urine for protein levels. The "stabbing" you're feeling is most likely "lightening crotch" which is normal and caused by the baby. Not pleasant at all but totally normal. 
    Party pooper on the GTKY :(

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery

Upcoming appointments this week? Appointment today  :)

Any new symptoms or changes? All the symptoms I've managed to avoid so far are finally popping up - last week was back pain and now I've added pelvic pain to the mix - woooo!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My toe is freakin killing me, who knew toe pain was this bad. 

I can see LO moving so much more now, it's absolutely captivating. I could watch him all day and I'm starting to understand why everyone says I'm going to miss this so much.

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? Underwear. I've easily got over 100 pair. It's heartbreaking when I have to part with a pair when it's too old, and totally my favorite thing to shop for. I probably buy a few pair a month  :#

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks! 8 weeks left! 

How big is baby? Squash or pomelo

Upcoming appointments this week? Not till July 5th. I had my 32 week appt on Monday, and they gave me a urine test because my blood pressure was slightly elevated, it came back clear. @DeansGirl14 if you're concerned, I would definitely ask for a urine test! 

Any new symptoms or changes? My right foot is more swollen than my left. Doctor said it's usually the case because of blood flow. I still feel smaller than others, but when he measured me on Monday, he said I was about 32.5cm, and said its right on track. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Any mama's out there still working our or going to the gym? I'm still running, but out of breath really fast. I think I'll completely stop at 36 weeks. 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? It would be either my gym addiction, which I'm not sure how i'm going to handle when our baby girl comes, or always wanting an empty sink, i'm constantly cleaning dishes, even if its a spoon. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @caity024 I am also a compulsive underwear buyer. In fact, I cant wait to go buy some new ones for PP! I dont care that they will be granny panties.  I have seasonal ones (so fall, christmas, summer) and I keep them in separate bins in my drawer, and switch the bins out based on the season! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? cucumbers

Upcoming appointments this week? nope

Any new symptoms or changes? the swelling has started.  It's not nearly as bad as it was with my son, but I probably just forgot at what point the swelling got really bad. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? it's too hot here, I'm not going to survive summer. 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? Currently, ice. In everyday life, I am slightly OCD so there are a lot of compulsions to chose from. My hand washing would probably get me on a tv show, they are always bleeding. 

• @jacksonbears I'm still working out! It's actually one thing that makes me feel good. When even walking is uncomfortable, the Precor elliptical at the gym is smooth and allows me to get in great cardio. If I go a few days I notice my back aches, but I get back in the gym and do back exercises and I feel better. 

@bumpybump Ok ok, not to be a party pooper. Maybe my addiction is exercise. But not in a dangerous kind of way, just in that I love being active. I walk stairs at work (even now at 34 weeks), my daily commute involves over two miles of walking, I'd rather walk around the neighborhood than watch TV, I'm not a beach person unless I can be throwing a frisbee with someone or something like that. I've been a person who never sits still for as long as I've been alive (tried a dozen sports as a kid too). I suck at most sports so for the last 12 years I've been a distance runner and have completed over 40 official races including 5 marathons. Setting PRs is addictive! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Asparagus

Upcoming appointments this week? I have one tomorrow morning :)

Any new symptoms or changes? baby has been so active at points i get pains but I know it is all the braxton hicks and lighting crotch

Rants/Raves/Questions? Why can't men suffer like us 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? crushed ice I seem to have it alot :)

• FeliciosityFeliciosity member
    edited June 2017

How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? 17.25 inches

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Same as a lot of the ladies here. Sore under belly! I've also been feeling LO's movement a lot lower in my pelvic area than before. So strange!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: I had my baby shower this past weekend. It was lovely! We got showered with so many gifts for our LO. I felt so humbled by all the generosity. The greatest gift was one addressed to me from my great-grandmother who passed away several years ago. She was a big part of my life when I was little.The gift was a little green crocheted sweater, made with the left-over yarn from a baby blanket she had made me when I was born. That blanket was my most favorite thing growing up. I carried it everywhere. Now my LO gets a sweater made with the same yarn, by the same hands! I was crying so hard!

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? Mine would probably be cleaning my house. I cannot relax in my home when it is messy so I am almost always doing chores during my free time. Sometimes it's low-key. Other times I am running all over the house cleaning anything and everything... sometimes two or three tasks at once! DH and I call that my "whirling dervish". It usually results in a clean house, but with some things put away that we will never be able to find again because I don't remember where I put it! It will be interesting to see how I am when LO comes around.

(Edit: it deleted part of my post!)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Some of you are making me feel lazy with the addictions to cleaning/doing dishes/being active.

How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Motorcycle helmet or zucchini, which are totally different sizes.

Upcoming appointments this week? I have a basic 30 week checkup today

Any new symptoms or changes? Just hot and tired. More stretchmarks popping up on my lower belly :(

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: my friends from work are throwing me a shower! I was unsure, because no one had said anything, but now it's set for 2 weeks from now :) 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be? Jumping on the ice train. I always need ice in my drinks and don't like it when places don't serve water with ice.

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you? 

34w1d

How big is baby? 

Butternut squash or a basketball hoop

34 week check up today. 

Still have crazy heartburn but it has been bad tonight. I'm really nauseous tonight and the heartburn makes it worse. I was on the verge of tears. I'm also crampy and achy all over. I will bring this up with the dr tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I'm just so dang uncomfortable and cranky all the time. 

GTKY: If you were forced to be on "My Strange Addiction," what would your addiction be?

Water or Starbucks. The Starbucjs app rewards me too well and keeps me coming back. 

• Question: Does anyone here feel like they are feeling LO move less than usual? I have definitely been feeling him move, but it feels like it is not as frequent as before. Maybe because its a lot less kicks/punches and more shifting/rolling? And on that note, occasionally when he kicks really, really low... it hurts! He made me gasp last night from a kick. Is that normal? I'm probably being paranoid.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Feliciosity
    I feel exactly the same. I feel more rolling than kicks for sure. My kid's apparently mostly upside-down already so the movement that makes me gasp is when she shoves what's apparently her butt into my ribs! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 Ouch. I haven't had any rib hits, I can't imagine! I think it is because of how low he is. Most of the movements I'm feeling lately have been way down in my pelvis. Ladies in my office are telling me he dropped, but I don't think that's right... isn't it a little early for that? I'm also worried because our last appointment showed he wasn't head-down yet. I guess I'll bring it up with my OB at my appointment next week.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Feliciosity I'm under the impression that the moment will change/decrease because there's not as much room in there as they grow, but I could be totally wrong. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @Feliciosity my Dr. just brought this up at my appt yesterday. He said it may be harder to count kicks due to it being more shifts/rolls.

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  @Feliciosity  Definitely more shifting than jabs. This guy is so stinking low that his head is literally sitting on my cervix so when he rolls he is basically grinding my cervix. 
  • How far along are you? 

32 weeks

How big is baby? 

squash

we had our weekly NST yesterday and it didn't go well. We ended up at L&D. We thankfully got to go home. Next appt. is Thursday with another NST.

I have been having what I believe is BH. I didn't have any with my first (or contractions prior to labor) so I am not 100% sure. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I've been trying to spend more time with DS. I am starting to get sad that it won't just be the two of us soon! 

This pregnancy has made it ice! 

I have the typical addictions- coffee, cloth diapers, shopping, working out, laminating (I'm a teacher), etc. 

I used to be addicted to showering, and I would shower several times a day. Now I'm lucky to get one alone. 

I don't know about addicted, but I'm obsessed with numbers. I Like to manipulate them to make them connect. 

• @morgy_bee @caity024 @MrsVP614 Thanks for the input ladies! I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

@Kudlica27 Hope things get better with the next NST. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kudlica27 said: nu

How far along are you? 

32 weeks

How big is baby? 

squash

we had our weekly NST yesterday and it didn't go well. We ended up at L&D. We thankfully got to go home. Next appt. is Thursday with another NST.

I have been having what I believe is BH. I didn't have any with my first (or contractions prior to labor) so I am not 100% sure. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I've been trying to spend more time with DS. I am starting to get sad that it won't just be the two of us soon! 

This pregnancy has made it ice! 

I have the typical addictions- coffee, cloth diapers, shopping, working out, laminating (I'm a teacher), etc. 

I used to be addicted to showering, and I would shower several times a day. Now I'm lucky to get one alone. 

I don't know about addicted, but I'm obsessed with numbers. I Like to manipulate them to make them connect. 

Ummm I do this also.  I love when dates work out in cool ways.  The math teacher in me was so sad that my son wasn't born on pi day last year!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kristenk727 I teach math too! I was actually hoping DS would have been born on 5/15/15 but he wouldn't budge!