January 2018 Moms

High Risk Mommas 6/22

For anyone who is deemed high-risk or is receiving additional monitoring this is your check in.

How far along are you?

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring?

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting?

Any questions / rants / raves?

GTKY: Tell us one of your favorite childhood activities that you hope to share with this LO.

Re: High Risk Mommas 6/22

• How far along are you? 11+5

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? AMA, history of LEEP(x3), congenital heart defects on mother's side.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? I'm being followed by MFM, I'll be getting additional ultrasounds to check for heart functioning, and also for cervical length throughout pregnancy.

Any questions / rants / raves? My 1st appointment with MFM is on Monday! However, since I'm switching practices, I will actually end up going to a different MFM for the rest of my pregnancy.

GTKY: Tell us one of your favorite childhood activities that you hope to share with this LO. Reading. I have always been a big reader and I really hope to pass it on to both of my children. DH is not a reader at all, and it makes me sad sometimes.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• How far along are you? 11 weeks

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? AMA, which quite honestly I am tired of the term.  I'll be 40 the week after my due date.  Way to keep reminding me!  Also had GD with my first, although it wasn't the scary nightmare I was worried about.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Decided to go ahead with genetic testing so that we can be prepared if we have a baby with special needs.  Or as prepared as you can be with anything kid related!

Any questions / rants / raves?  Just the aforementioned Advanced Age label.

GTKY: Tell us one of your favorite childhood activities that you hope to share?  Fishing.  My daughter is just starting to have an interest, but I shamelessly want her to love it so much she becomes a pro and I can devote my life to helping her in her work.  With two LOs I hope to double my chances.  
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Hypertension in pregnancy with DD, looking like I'll have it this time around as well.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Still unsure, I don't meet with my OB for another couple of weeks. 

Any questions / rants / raves? I wish my OB visit was earlier so I could know for sure what they're going to be doing this time around. I went on Labetalol around 23 weeks with DD and I'm hoping to avoid meds this time if I can.

GTKY: Tell us one of your favorite childhood activities that you hope to share with this LO. Reading is probably the biggest one, but we also want to do vacations. Both of our families didn't really take them unless we were visiting family, so we want to do more fun things like national parks and stuff.