November 2016 Moms

Our group

So I've been thinking lately. We have a pretty tight knit group here now I feel. Does everyone want to keep this on TB or do we want to make a switch over to FB?Otherwise there is always the option to create a private group here on TB. I'm cool with staying here, making a private group here, or a secret (private) group on FB. I just thought it was a good time to have that discussion again.

I was also thinking about other social media like snapchat, twitter, and instagram. I would be open to sharing my snapchat & instagram with you all and following you all as well. I don't really want to post my usernames on here but if you would like it you can PM me and I will send you my info.
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Our group

• kvrunskvruns member
    I am good with whatever. I thought there were some pretty regular posters on here who aren't on FB, that would be my only hesitation I wouldn't want to lose anyone not on a social media platform. 
  • I'm the "not on FB" person (hangs head in shame). I would like to move to something more personal, even if it's a private group (pictures always make me a little nervous when anyone can see). I do have a Twitter, but it's for professional stuff. So yo'd just see work in rhetoric and things for my students. I have thought about Instagram though...

I know. I'm boring. But as a teacher, social media can get tricky and in my district it has a few times and some people have even lost their jobs. Students are way more interested in their teachers than I ever was and we get Googled A LOT.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • m6aguam6agua member
    Ok so then the options are keep on keeping on or we move to a private group on TB. Maybe I'll create a poll.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited June 2017
    @sandnstarsnj Don't feel bad, I'm not on FB either.  I actually don't have any social media :|.  I'm good with this or a private TB group.
  • jsmaijsmai member
     I'm good with this or a private TB group.
    Ditto. I don't want to miss anybody who's not on social networks. I'd feel better about sharing pics etc if it were a private group, though.
  • Ditto on the private group or FB. I'm also on Insta (I'm the cool aunt) so I'm happy to do whatever. I feel the same way about photos especially now that our babies have defined faces and are no longer blobs.
  • A private group would be super cool. Feel more safe and comfortable. 
    But im also on board with fb. I don't want to lose anyone so maybe we can do both? Private group and fb! It would be cool to see more "everyday" sort of side of these friendships instead of just boards. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited June 2017
    I created a poll. I left out FB, I feel like if we did both people would just end up doing FB eventually and we would loose those who don't have it. At least that has been my experience with all the other groups that I've been in.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    private group in here would be great i think . Especially my husband does not like the idea of posting L`s pics on the forum , i would feel much more comfortable on a closed group.
  • I'm up for anything!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm fine with whatever makes everyone happy. 
    Im on social media and it's mostly my LO on there. I soooo get sued when she's 18!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    leighry said:
    Just make sure I'm one of the cool kids and I'll do whatever  :D
    i just remembered when everyone left this group last year and i had no idea where they went etc. when the forum was quite today, i got scared it happened again
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited June 2017
    ZoeFer said:
    leighry said:
    Just make sure I'm one of the cool kids and I'll do whatever  :D
    i just remembered when everyone left this group last year and i had no idea where they went etc. when the forum was quite today, i got scared it happened again
    Nope no private group has been made yet. But it will be on TB so we all can be there.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• I'm up for whatever. I'm on FB more than Instagram and I only use Twitter to enter giveaways. A private group is great. 
  • I'd like something more private. I don't really care where, but when my ODD group moved to FB (before our babes were even born), we became so much closer and 4 years later I can talk to them about ANYTHING. I've even had meet ups with a few of them. 
  • What @BLyn627 said is why I like the idea of fb as well as a private group. I don't want to leave anyone out at all but I feel like we would be closer as real people as opposed to just more threads. 
  • Great idea @jsmai! I agree 100%. I don't want to lose anyone or leave anyone out! I like you all too much! 
  • SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited June 2017
    I want to connect personally, I just can't with FaceBook. A private group would allow for more flexibility because students can't search it successfully. I don't think.

@jsmai has a great idea!

ETA: line break because otherwise it was just weird. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I agree too. I'm all for private group and I really only use FB but am happy to friend anyone on here 
  • I'd love to be added to the group too @m6agua! I know I haven't posted much but I think part of it is because I feel weird posting on a public board (especially photos). 
  • I am in agreement to all as well. I don't use Instagram or Twitter but am on FB and would use the private group here!
  • Is there a private group now? If so I'd love this join! How do I do that?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • m6aguam6agua member
    anne11716 said:
    Is there a private group now? If so I'd love this join! How do I do that?
    Check your inbox.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• I'm in for a private group. I'm not big on Facebook or any other social media for that matter. I would feel better posting pics if we do private as well. Sorry for being late to the party again. Lol!
  • anne11716 said:
    Is there a private group now? If so I'd love this join! How do I do that?
    Did you see what to do @anne11716? If you're on a desktop, go to the upper right hand corner and click on the envelop. You'll see the message from there. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @anne11716 if you are on mobile, check the weekly randoms thread. There are a couple of ways to check your inbox on there.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Are there any other mamas out there that didn't "make the cut" for the private group? 
  • Same here! I don't post often and live in a completely different time zone than most people here, but I'd like to keep up with this group. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • Darn @linnea625 looks like we are the only ones so far haha 
  • Life has been super crazy for me lately, but I've loved this group and would love to be in the private group. FB is easier for me, but I completely understand it not being for everyone!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How are you?? I've missed seeing pictures of your adorable littles!
  • Oh so you've just had a couple MINOR small little sort of time consuming things on your plate! Congrats on the buying and selling and new job getting stuff! I moved when we were 9 months pregnant. It was awful. Hopefully you get settled and the new job is a good fit! Is it the same part of the hospital you had been working?
  • @MrsBigTime - I sent you a pm. Check your inbox.  :)
  • Good luck to you too @ALBONNET1218

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers