August 2017 Moms

UO 6/22

2»

Re: UO 6/22

• @bumpybump he's only 3.5 months old now, so I guess we'll see. I just was thinking horse and donkey poop residue. 
  • NxyNxy member
    @SouthernMama15 Do you mean sterilize the pacifier or the stuffed animal or both?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Nxy at least the pacifier. I used to sterilize clips, too 
  • NxyNxy member
    edited June 2017
    @Nxy at least the pacifier. I used to sterilize clips, too 
    I just held the plush part with tongs and held the pacifier part in boiling water.. is that not how you're supposed to do it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 the daycare we're using won't even allow those wub-a-nubs per the State's daycare code. They said it can be a suffocation hazard. 
  • @SouthernMama15 I forget who recommended it.. but Dr Brown's has a similar pacifier to the wubbanub with animal attached, but you can totally remove the pacifier to sterilize and then wash the toy part separately.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    Nookums
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nxy said:
    @Nxy at least the pacifier. I used to sterilize clips, too 
    I just held the plush part with tongs and held the pacifier part in boiling water.. is that not how your supposed to do it?
    That's what I would think, but I don't know. I also see them reuse a bottle without washing it at all and mixing formula on top of what's in the bottom 

@secicc12 I've seen those, seem like a better option.
  • NxyNxy member
    @SouthernMama15 ok good, I just wasn't sure if I was doing it wrong lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mango517Mango517 member
    edited June 2017
     I also see them reuse a bottle without washing it at all and mixing formula on top of what's in the bottom 

The thought of just mixing formula on top of old formula kinda makes me want to gag.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Team ketchup on hot dogs- unless we're talking about a Chicago dog... then that's a horse of a different color and they are perfect as is.

And I also love a good monogram. It's the wannabe new england prepster in me.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 I had a friend that did it and couldn't figure out why her baby spit up all the time. 
  • I love hot dogs, when are at BBQ's with friends all the other adults will have sausage and I am happy to eat hot dogs with the kids.  

I guess my UO is I hate ketchup.  So I am Chicago dog all the way. I was so excited when we were visiting there and I could order a hot dog without ketchup on it and it was the normal way to eat it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    +1 for disliking monograms, sweet tea (unless I make my own like @nxy), ketchup on hotdogs, and wubanub pacifiers. 

My UO: I prefer Qdoba over Chipotle. I've craved it consistently during all 4 pregnancies. I have it once or twice week.  

Edit - not liking bacon is just weird! I can't imagine a bacon-less life! 
  • @SouthernMama15 Yesssss! I cannot stand wubbanubs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PinkPrincessPiper  DH thinks Chipotle is far superior to Qdoba.  To me they are pretty much the same restaurant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PinkPrincessPiper @shyviolet I refuse to eat at Chipolte. All of their fear marketing against agriculture is such crap! I don't plan to ever eat there again in my life unless they change their marketing approach against agriculture. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't like monogrammed initials, but I don't mind their first name monogrammed on something like a blanket. I don't understand it needing to be on everything, though. A girl I know just had a baby and the first name was monogrammed on the babies hat, onesie, diaper cover, and blanket. That was the coming home outfit. I mean, like, we get it. We know her name. And now we've read it 4 times in one outfit. 

Sweet iced tea is my jam. I'm sad for people who don't like it. Lol!
  • @shyviolet @bumpybump Chipotle is just over-priced hipster food. If I want to switch it up from Qdoba, I just go to Moe's.  
  • This has been the most interesting UO in awhile! 

I like monograms (but not in everything) 

I like ruffles and bows (but I am sure mostly for church and etc.) 

I love Chicago dogs and may have had one while pregnant.

I like sweet tea, but growing up in the north I didn't have it till almost 20. 

We don't have a Qdoba here, just a Chipolte. However, I've had it before and it's much better. I try not to think about it because we don't have one. 

I never went with a wubanub, one more thing for my child to get attached to. No thanks. 
  • NxyNxy member
    In January there is a lady who wants to make a formal complaint with Disney about them calling little girls "Princess" at Disneyland.. AND February is casually chatting up cultural appropriation 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh Chipotle is disgusting. I can't even stomach it. I love the local burrito places in my area. 
  • @bumpybump and @PinkPrincessPiper  We only have a Qdoba near us so we don't really have a choice, but DH refuses to eat there because it is not Chipotle.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    I like A COUPLE of monogrammed things for a kid (my son has a backpack and blanket) but agree that people can go crazy with them. Totally ruins the ability for hand me downs. 

I live in Alabama and loathe sweet tea. Love iced black tea though!

hotdogs give me headaches so I stick with Hebrew nationals. Yum. 

I throw the wubbanubs in the laundry and they have been great!! So much easier than trying to find the ones without the plush when they get dropped--- seriously those things can bounce!!. (Little hands can find them easier on their own too!) I suppose my UO is that I love them. 

I guve chipolte and qudoba both a meh-- hole in the wall Mexican joints are the best!! (Bonus for white queso dip!)
  • We recently got a Cafe Rio across the street from the local Chipotle. It's also basically the same as Qdoba. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm kinda shocked people don't like monogrammed stuff. I'm the one that always makes a point to give personalized stuff as a gift because I assume people like getting something with their name on it when sometimes it can be hard to find or needs to be ordered. Guess I should re evaluate my gift ideas. 
  • I hate Moes and Chipotle.  I don't classify them as Mexican, they're tex-mex. I like beans and rice, but not in my Mexican food. 

@Kudlica27 I like bows and ruffles in moderation, but I'm talking about this kind of stuff every single day. For Christmas, she had 25 days of Christmas outfits, 14 days of Valentine's outfits, etc. 
  • Qdoba over Chipotle for sure! Qdoba has more interesting options and their queso is just wonderful. 
    Funny thing is I work downtown so if the mood strikes for lunch, it has to be Qdoba as downtown is all chains. But if the mood strikes for dinner, the residential neighborhoods have far more authentic hole-in-the-wall places to choose from. Anywhere that makes an avocado taco is aces in my book.

I received a Wubbanub at my shower so will keep all the comments above in mind.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @SouthernMama15 Dr. Brown Lovey and Bright Starts have a similar product with a detachable pacifier. My son loved his Wubbanub..but I hated not being able to detach it! I was so happy to find some alternatives where I could clean it better AND replace the pacifier if it became too worn out (without throwing the whole thing away.
  • @LSP87 I've seen the Dr Brown's and they look much better. I want to find a good clip with no metal, DS used to pull his off when he got bigger and chew the metal clip. I took them away. The ones with the plastic slide clip are crap. 
  • I hate Moes and Chipotle.  I don't classify them as Mexican, they're tex-mex. I like beans and rice, but not in my Mexican food. 

@Kudlica27 I like bows and ruffles in moderation, but I'm talking about this kind of stuff every single day. For Christmas, she had 25 days of Christmas outfits, 14 days of Valentine's outfits, etc. 
    This exactly.  I know a woman who dresses her 4 (going on 5) year old everyday.  She loves the humungous hair bows.  I think k it looks ridiculous.  There are a few exceptions s where it is cute.  

Is this a southern trend?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker