January 2018 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    COMPLETELY unrelated to pregnancy but we contracted a company to do our master bath remodel after months of research and interviewing companies... he told us they were licensed, bonded and insured.. they have demolished our previous master bathroom... and now we find out... THEY ARENT LICENSCED!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ugh. Insurance crud.

DH and I got married last month. I sent my work the waiver and cancellation of health insurance so they would cancel my insurance right away. I'm not paying for it, it's not being deducted from my check anymore. I am also already showing on H's health insurance but the insurance from my employer is showing as active still. I saw an OB, had blood work and had an ultrasound last week, and the provider said they cannot stop billing my employer insurance, that I don't actually have anymore, until it shows terminated. I have a ticket with my HR that I put in last week to verify when they put the term date in and I haven't heard anything. I know it'll all get worked out, but I wanted to get ahead of because it's going to be a pain working it out once they put a retro term date in there, and request repayment from the provider and then the provider will have to re-bill H's insurance as my primary instead of secondary.

Sorry for the annoying post. I should be thankful that I have insurance but still. Bitchfest indeed. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy Insurance is always a pain to deal with! Bitch away!
  • Options
    Also... Went to my OB last week for my first Prenatal check up - we were previously being seen through our fertility clinic and were released back to my OB after two ultrasounds - just over 6kws and just over 8wks... so I was just over 10w for my appointment. She tried to do Doppler and couldn't find a heartbeat on EITHER baby... sent me into pure panic and she sent me to the hospital to get an ultrasound because apparently its common practice here to not have ultrasound machines / capabilities in your office. So after waiting to be seen at the hospital radiology department for 45 minutes... an abdominal and a trans vaginal ultrasound where the tech kept saying "I can't tell you what I see..." So I finally made her turn the screen to show me and my husband and we could see both babies moving... then another hour of waiting for the radiologist to say "Everything is fine your doctor will call you tomorrow.." there were lots of tears and panic.... I think that's all my bitching for today.
  • Options
    Oh @Mudge85 that is awful! I'm so sorry you had to wait for the "okay" for so long!

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @Mudge85 where are you that doesn't have Ultrasound capabilities at an OB!? That sounds horrible to have to go through and so much unneeded stress. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. 
  • Options
    So scary, @Mudge85!
    I have to clean my house today and fold an inordinate amount of laundry...so that's my complaint for the day. But I'm also going to try to go to the beach, so the day won't be a total loss! 
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy insurance is always a pain. I hope everything gets worked out soon!

@Mudge85 so much nope to everything you posted. So glad both babies are ok though! How scary!
  • Options
      @madcouplewithabox I'm in the Northern Virginia area, just outside of Washington DC... I have a coworker who had a baby last year and one who is 29 wks pregnant and both of their doctors are the same way... its CRAZY!
  • Options
    We decided to go ahead and tell our companies the news this week instead of next week and omg my boss. He doesn't love the idea of his employees getting KU because he thinks everyone will quit to stay home (which has happened once). Anyway, he made several comments on "if" I come back to work. Finally, I flat out told him "I pay $1800/month in student loans. I cannot afford to not come back." And then he made a "joke" about how I should just stop paying them because Obama was supposed to take care of them  *Insert biggest eye roll in the history of eye rolls* 
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox, no OB's around here have their own u/s equipment in their office, and mine is affiliated with U of R, which is kinda a big deal. There's a school of thought that it isn't so great for an OB to have u/s in their office, for a variety of reasons. In addition, an OB isn't qualified to "read" an u/s scan, only a radiologist, which would be why Mudge's u/s tech couldn't tell her what she was seeing. 

@Mudge85, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I went through for 10 weeks that with my last pregnancy and it was hard. 

@supercoolstephy, that sounds unnecessarily complicated! 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's hot as balls here and the heat is just making my nausea worse! This country does not believe in air conditioning and I can't wait to get back to the states where we will have a constant house temperature of 72 degrees. Central air here I come!
  • Options
    @Mudge85 so sorry you had to deal with that! I would be so mad about both the contractor and the OB situation!

@supercoolstephy I work for a financial planner who used to sell insurance and we have mostly ended that portion of the business but have a few lingering clients. I hate insurance too. It is often overly complicated and difficult and everyone gives you different information. DUMB.

@cyanope I wish I could head to the beach! Jealous!

I have lots to bitch about.

First of all is that today, at 11 weeks, I finally threw up over stinky well water and I still feel icky. WTF is that? 

Secondly, is that I dislike it that I need to just "get over it" that DH's grandma insisted on being in on it when we told a certain cousin (who I wanted to tell because she went through IF like I did and gets it more than anybody). I gave in just because I really wanted to tell this cousin in person, but I feel like DH's grandma was being especially pushy and it rubbed me the wrong way. Excuses of "oh, she's just excited" aren't cutting it right now because I've been waiting 6 years to be here doing this. If I can keep my shit together, so can everybody else for as long as I say. (That makes me sound really awful. Geez. Lol)

Lastly, NOBODY could use their blinkers today. It is really ridiculous. It's not hard. Not rocket science. It requires one. damn. finger. 
  • Options
    @Mudge85 Glad everything was okay, but sorry you had to wait! With my first, we lived in Southern NJ and they didn't have U/S in the office. It was torture.

@supercoolstephy I feel your pain. DH went from active orders to reserve and it screwed up our insurance. I had to pay for our first appointment out of pocket and it was like over 500 bucks. Now we are working through getting it retro.

Ny bitch today is that I caught a bug on top of MS. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dcamp18dcamp18 member
    edited June 2017
    What. A. Monday.
    Long story short - I work for my parent's small business and have been since 10/2016. So not very long. They don't pay great and I have no benefits. A former employer of mine has been reaching for me out to take my old position back. I have said no time and time again in fear of upsetting my parents when I WANT this job. I was great at it and loved it. Now with a baby coming the salary and benefits are impossible to pass. Also its a great, positive work environment which I am desperate for. I broke the news to my mom earlier who now will not look at me or speak to me. I told her this is for the BABY - which it is. It's best for my growing family. She does not care and doesn't want to hear another word. Should have listened to my gut back in October to not work for family...too messy. :(  -edited for words, they are hard today.
  • Options
    @BelhurstBride that's so interesting. I'm wondering if my OB has just gotten extra training or something or if I should be asking to see someone specific when I get to the anatomy scan.  He has his own practice so I wonder if that plays a part. 
  • Options
    @dcamp18 that sucks your Mom cant support you in your decision right now but Im sure she will come around. Whats important is you made the decision based on whats best for YOUR family. Keep your head up! And Congrats on the job! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Some of you ladies really have it rough right now. Hope things move in a positive direction!

My bitch is not all that important, but worth noting.
    I went to bed before DH last night at 7 pm. I wanted the bed to myself, he had work to do. I specifically said, do not wake me up when you come to bed and he seemed to understand. He is not conscious of how loud he is sometimes.
    Fast forward to 12:30 a.m. and that jerk jumped on me yelling, 'wake up!'. Like WTF? Are you 12? Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why on earth he thought that was a good idea. He's also not one to do things like that.
  • Options
    @Mudge85  wow how scary. I really have never heard of an OB not having an ultrasound machine. 

@supercoolstephy uhg I feel you on the insurance pain. I'm in a very similar position since my hubby started a new job at the beginning of june. I've been fighting with my work as well and they keep taking the money out of my check.

I am at the end of my rope guys. I'm sure it's pregnancy hormones too but I just can't anymore. DD has been throwing up daily for weeks, and intermittently before then. She has been on Pepcid since she was 3 months old. I have taken her to her pediatrician multiple times and they switched her to Prevacid and gave me a GI referral finally. Well I called them and they can't get her in to see the doctor til August 11th!!. She is miserable and just screams and refuses to eat. At this point idk what to do. She has another appointment with her Ped on Wednesday but idk if I should just she'll out all the money and take her to the ER. I feel very helpless as a mother.
  • Options
    OMG I am loving the bitchfest today. We are bringing it, ladies! My realtor texted me at 11:22 to tell me he was doing a showing of our place (WHERE WE LIVE) at 11:45. Thanks for the head's up! I work an hour away, so the mess that was me tornado-ing out the door with DD at 6:45 AM this am is what it is. Oh and also, my cats are there! That should be fun. I'm sure the buyers will  <3 the place. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    There's a woman (who I know very casually anymore via my ex-husband) who announced her pregnancy on FB last week. She's due, like, two or three weeks after me and I'm irrationally annoyed every time I see her post about her first trimester.

She and her husband recently bought their house and she's got the opportunity to stay home with her kids, so there's some life trajectory jealousy at play in the whole thing as well. 

It's all shitty irrational nonsense, but it's what I got today. 
  • Options
    @Mudge85 Sorry to hear about your appt and your contractor.  My husband is a contractor licensed and insured and I hate people who falsely advertise.  They can actually get in a lot of trouble for saying they are and then not.  Especially of they are running a crew.

My BFM is that my boss took another job in a different department.  She's already checked out and doesn't transfer for another six weeks.  She's starting to realize that the new job isn't as great as what she currently has and keeps bashing her current position, which I will most likely take over until they can find her replacement.  And instead of doing any real work on the accounts shes been spending the last few days writing work instructions.  TEACH ME!  I won't understand the instructions if we don't spend a little time going over what you do.  I am pretty sure she is going to set me or whoever takes that role up to fail because she loves being queen bee.  
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    @EmilyLove25 that happened to us a few times and it's super annoying. And stressful that they could accidentally let the cats out! We had one where the couple loved our house so much that they called her dad to come look at it so they needed an extra hour (mind you we had been at the park for an hour after I spent all day at work). The dad drove up and said I don't like the outside of it and that was it. No one called our realtor to say that the hour needed was really only 5 min and you could go home to bathe/feed your baby, put him to bed, etc. Home buying and selling is no fun!

@Mudge85 That's terrible! I've never been to a practice that doesn't have their own us and that don't let you look at the screen. I'm glad everything was fine though! 

My BFM is just that I hate my current drive. It's 2 hours every afternoon  :'(  Once we get moved into the house we just bought, it'll be cut down to about 45-60 min but 2 hours is just awful!
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    @Mudge85 I'm glad you pushed to see the screen!

@EmilyLove25 fingers crossed that the buyers love the house. Wouldn't it be just great if it were that easy?

@Ready4theParty I've never understood women who don't aim at building each other up rather than keeping them down. Screams insecurities to me. Hope you get what you need for a successful handover!

I'm just annoyed at the world today...went home this weekend to help my parents clean out the basement (hate the term "adulting" but it's exactly what happened) and I just wish they would get their butts in gear and take care of the house more proactively. I need to exercise some boundaries, but it's tough with parents because it feels like it is my problem even though it technically isn't. Then I say critical comments instead of just enjoying the time with them because I'm anxious about everything. And then I'm angry at myself for letting it make me anxious....so the cycle begins. Deep breaths. I guess I should be grateful I'm back in my place 8 hours away and in my quiet apt.

• Options
    gusgus14 said:
    We decided to go ahead and tell our companies the news this week instead of next week and omg my boss. He doesn't love the idea of his employees getting KU because he thinks everyone will quit to stay home (which has happened once). Anyway, he made several comments on "if" I come back to work. Finally, I flat out told him "I pay $1800/month in student loans. I cannot afford to not come back." And then he made a "joke" about how I should just stop paying them because Obama was supposed to take care of them  *Insert biggest eye roll in the history of eye rolls* 
    OMG I hate hate hate when men (okay, some women too) make comments like that. And then try to say we are equal in the workforce. Ok, so you just admitted that you don't expect me to stick around yet I should believe my opportunities haven't changed due to your and others' mindset? Nope. 

@Mudge85 do you have anything in writing with them claiming their licensure? I'd keep your documentation in order but it's probably not the end of the world. We just had our master bath redone and I never followed up to see if he was actually licensed/bonded/insured but they did a great job. Fingers crossed! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @littletrollmama Seriously! One of the things he said was "Well, you never know how you'll be emotionally." WTF. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 Ugh. Yup I got that last time too. I'm a little hesitant to share the news this time because of that & I'm due during our busiest time of year, which is also the time I was out with DD. I told my boss I was going to try to time it so I wouldn't miss it again but I can't help it took so long to get pregnant again lol. Plus she is having some health issues and I don't want to add to the stress in her life.  :#
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    The UO thread on December is starting to piss me off. Almost dirty lurker commented but then I just thought..... what's the use? People will forever be assholes to each other so what's the point?

on another Bitch Fest note... my husband is taking dismal care of the bird that he wanted and I got him. I don't want to step in and start caring for it because then that will be expected.... but I don't want to be the naggy wife telling him to clean the cage all the time. 
  • Options
    @jakobaby I know you're bitching but I literally LOLed at that!!

Last night at 2 AM my husband phone started going crazy. His text tone is the old AOL "You've got mail!" So 20 minutes straight (reminder....2 AM..." of this, when he final says oh, my cousins have me in a group text. All his cousins are fresh out of college, young, and never sleep. I could have murdered them all last night.
  • Options
    Moving suuuuccckkkkssss. I still have so much packing to do, a kajillion appointments between now and Tuesday, and now the people whose house we're buying are trying to rent it back even longer than they already are. We are hemorrhaging money staying at an air bnb as it is. I'm not extending it. Not to mention I've already scheduled cleaners and movers. A world of no.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl that sounds so stressful! We are moving as soon as I have this baby so I've started to go through everything and get rid of things before I'm a whale
  • Options
    @KatieEl icant imagine moving while pregnant. It's hard enough to find the energy to pack and clean for a move on any normal day, let alone pregnant!!
  • Options
    My BFM is just that I hate my current drive. It's 2 hours every afternoon  :'(  Once we get moved into the house we just bought, it'll be cut down to about 45-60 min but 2 hours is just awful!
    @Eags I'm right there with you. My drive is only an hour- 2 hours sounds awful!

DH drives 1 1/2 hours in the other direction from me and our hours are not very static. I'm already stressing out about finding a daycare that opens early enough for us to get to work on time. 

Congrats on the new house! Hang in there- the shorter drive is coming! 
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first appointment with my new OB/Gyn last week.  My follow-up and 1st U/S with them is next week (I've already had 3 U/S with my RE)  

I'm driving 2 hours to training for work yesterday and I get a voicemail to call them.  Of course there's road construction so I can't call while I'm driving and I don't have time to before I have to be where I need to be.  My first thought is to my screening from last week and the like 6 vials of blood they took, but then I remember how quick the lab was getting stuff back to my RE's office so I dismiss that, but it seems to early for something to have happened and my appointment needing re-scheduled, so I have it in the back of my mind all day "wtf did they call me?"

So I call them after work.  They just wanted to ask (i.e. pressure) me about this optional test we talked about last week, which I didn't even qualify for based on gestational age until this weekend.  Really?!  I was worked up all day over that b/s?  FTR, my entire appointment last week was uncomfortable.  Part of that revolved around the fact that it felt like the CNM was trying to manipulate/bully me into taking a ton of optional tests and screenings after I told her that DH & I would discuss it and get back to her.  Calling me was completely unnecessary.  I'm going to see you in a week and all of those tests are still valid to take then.

Cherry on top, I have another (this is my 3rd in the past few months) bill from this hospital yesterday where they are still in the middle of finalizing my adjustments with my insurance (which is 100% covered besides the co-pay).  So now I have to call, again, just for them to tell me "oh don't worry about that, we're still working on it."  Problems with the billing department at my former Ob office was one of the reasons I decided to try this office instead.  So far we're off to a poor start. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Sorry to bring up a Monday post again, but @burnsmommy27 I am sure you have thought of this etc. but I just thought I would mention it because I feel so sorry for you and especially for your poor little one. I had a friend whose baby (younger than yours when they discovered this but presumably it would have kept happening) both had a hard time eating and would throw up all the time (seemed to not like eating because he would throw up). In the end, a specialist at a high end children's hospital discovered his esophagus was not fully formed. I can't remember what they did to fix it (surgery?), but it worked and the throwing up and eating issues stopped. I remember the doctor told them that it is actually relatively common for the esophagus to not form fully. I assume since it is common and DD is older, your doctors have considered it, but I just thought I would throw it out there. Hugs. I would be so upset too :'(  
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 thanks for the response and support. We have considered it but have to wait for the specialist in Aug to do the testing. I actually had it so bad when I was an infant I was getting food into my lungs and now I have asthma because of it. If my dad remembers correctly after they finally figured it out  (medical science wasn't as good then) he thinks they have me steroid shots to fix it. Thankfully DD is not having anything as severe as I did. 
  • Options
    Its Tuesday, but moms annoy us every day of the week so Im asking for forgiveness for posting a day late.    :D
    So, this is our fourth pregnancy.   In the previous three pregnancies we have asked our families to keep their opinions or ideas to themselves, especially my mother.    She is the type of person to call you at 2 AM and tell you how she would decorate the nursery and then get upset if you dont like it.   My sil and brother had the name Elliot picked out for their daughter, didnt tell anyone, and my mom suggested it.  They told her it was actually already decided on for their girl name and now she tells everyone that she named my niece.   She suggested names that completely arent our style for our third (we had a Jack and Noah and she suggested names like Nevaeh) and got deeply offended when I said we didnt like them.  I finally reminded her that we didnt want any input and to simply stop telling me what she would do. 
    Fast forward to yesterday.   I told her that we are expecting.  She has been sending me pregnancy announcements all day.  I think all of them are awful and are very much not my style.   People that know me casually would know that the style of announcements she is sending me are completely uncharacteristic of me. So reasonably my mom should know that as well.   When I told her I didnt like them she got offended.  The last text she sent me said "I should have known you would be the one yo think they werent funny" and its taking all I have to not reply "yes, you should have."  
  • Options
    @ryannenikole Just want to say how much I appreciate that you call them blinkers like I do. <3
  • Options
    @hwoodmama Yeah, you need to go ahead and say exactly that to her. Then blame hunger and hormones if you need a defense. :wink:  
  • Options

Sorry I was MIA yesterday and just realized I never responded... @littletrollmama we do! and thankfully once we called them out on it and they knew we called the county to find out about permitting they quickly backtracked avoided the questions about licensing and why they lied to us, but told us they will rip up our contract and have us partner with their "Partner" business who has all the licenses... Same price, same scope of work, same everything, just under a different business name. We are fine with it as long as the work gets done for the same price.