September 2017 Moms

Bitchfest Monday 6/19/17

What has you bitching today ladies?

Re: Bitchfest Monday 6/19/17

• @heatherlynn321  Hasn't anyone ever told them to get it together and do their job?  I would be staring at them with laser eyes until they did something!

DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @heatherlynn321 Is it possible that the grandparents have asked to do this? My MIL insists on DH and I "taking a break" when we go out to eat with her. She wants to sit next to DS and let me and DH sit next to each other across the table. I used to feel guilty about the fact that she never got to enjoy her meal, but the fact that she keeps insisting on it makes me think that actually she really does enjoy it an doesn't mind her food going cold.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @ColoradoHiker You should see my face the whole time. I make no effort to disguise what I'm thinking. DH's parents can't stand that they always do it, but they're too nice to want to say anything. The little girl sneezed all over my food one time, and then laughed. I was so livid. It's to the point where if I know we're going out as a whole family I just don't go. I can't stand eating with them, but since yesterday was Father's Day, I went anyways.
  • @Lizlann The grandparents don't like it, they're just too nice to say anything, we've discussed it before. Also, they babysit the kids 4 days each week while their parents are at work, so it's not like they don't get to see them.
  • @Lizlann I wish I was bolder, for now I just avoid eating with them. I thought of doing something like that, but it was like 5 hours after we had left, I think I was just so taken aback that she did it in the first place I didn't know what to do. If I ever get up the courage to tell them off, I have a laundry list of things to tell them in my head.

The thing is that they're going to Disney World this year with just them and the kids, and I'm kind of concerned they're going to lose one of their kids because they're not used to watching them or being responsible for them.
  • Ugh, I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or what. But I cannot deal with our summer interns at the office at the moment. Neither of them seem capable of figuring anything out for themselves and instead ask me 19373781 questions about everything. Sigh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh, I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or what. But I cannot deal with our summer interns at the office at the moment. Neither of them seem capable of figuring anything out for themselves and instead ask me 19373781 questions about everything. Sigh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @heatherlynn321 I would be "assigning" seats if we went out to dinner with them again and say and "sally and john can sit here between you two since we have our hands full too" We always sit with our child between us. That's so rude of them. 
  • @jessieR358 I used to do this when I was a teenager at Christmas and Thanksgiving. My aunt and uncle used to do the same thing with their bratty son who was significantly younger than me and my siblings. I used to print out name cards/place settings under the guise of being fancy, and I always placed their son in between them. 
  • My bf is this heat wave. 104-110 degree weather for two weeks is ridiculous and the nights have been hot, too. It's too early for this crap. I'm dreading the rest of summer.