2nd Trimester
Options

Ultrasound tech wrong?

just had my 20 week anatomy scan and was told the gender was girl but is confused if it's correct. I have three girls already and none of their ultrasounds looked like this. I also don't like it how the tech typed "looks like a girl" on the picture. Anyone willing to help ease this mama's mind? 

Re: Ultrasound tech wrong?

• Options
    lilya06 said: 
     just had my 20 week anatomy scan and was told the gender was girl but is confused if it's correct. I have three girls already and none of their ultrasounds looked like this. I also don't like it how the tech typed "looks like a girl" on the picture. Anyone willing to help ease this mama's mind? 
    I would trust a professionally trained  ultrasound tech over internet strangers. But then again, I wouldn't be posting my child's genitals on the internet either.  

Take it to your next doctor appointment and ask your doctor what s/he thinks.
  • Options
    Ditto the pp who said you should probably trust a professional ultrasound tech over randos on the internet who are not. To my untrained eye, that looks like a set of labia. I'm assuming you think that looks like a scrotum/the two testicles? My understanding is, on baby boys, It doesn't look so separate and distinct as it does on an adult male. More round and ball like. My ultrasound tech said boy genitals look like a snail on the ultrasound. In other words, one round thing with a small penis sticking out in front. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It looks like a flipper to me. Congrats, it's an otter!