October 2017 Moms

Winning/WTF Wednesday

I saw this thread on another board and liked the efficiency ;)

Bask in your winningness or lament your WTF moment here.

Re: Winning/WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I love NYX. Their concealer pot is best too! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @bluejeanbabi05 thanks for the vibes.. unfortunately, the "winning" just turned into a wtf/losing situation for us. Our call with the lender did not go well and to make a long story short, it looks like we're not going anywhere and will need to put this off another year at least.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @VLillyV I'm sorry to hear that  :/ If you have some cash you can throw down up-front, maybe you can explore an owner-financed purchase or a lease option? Owner-financed can sometimes gouge you but there are some great lease option opportunities out there -- we've offered them in the past because they can be such a win-win.
  • @migdala thanks for the suggestion, I really have no clue where to go from here. I get to have a long serious talk with DH later on to figure it out. I will bring that option to the table though, it's better then nothing.
  • @VLillyV ugh really sorry to hear that. Saving for and buying a home is so hard and stressful. I know how excited you were!! This sucks :(
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ariz17 You need Homer's jury duty glasses

• @ariz17 Thank you! and Good Luck with your all day with your session, those are so grueling.

@PizzaMonster3 thank you for the thoughts, I was totally excited and now I'm back to the stress of saving or trying to figure it out.
  • @VLillyV oh no I'm so sorry girl :( can you go see another lender for a second opinion?

ugh the home buying process sucks, ((hugs))

• dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited June 2017
    Win: my insurance actually covers my chiropractor this time!

WTF: I drove through Panera for lunch. Ordered a half salad and half sandwich. Got back to my office and sat down to eat it and they only put the salad in my bag. I basically paid $11 for a half salad and I'm still hungry.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • @bluejeanbabi05 we can go to another lender but I am a little shaken already as it is. I don't know if the risk is worth my credit score being pulled again. Tricky tricky!
  • @VLillyV There may be some lenders that can give you an idea of what they could offer you based on an estimate of your credit score. They'd have to pull it eventually but if it's a for sure no you wouldn't need to bother. Our bank did this. The other bank should have told you your credit score.
  • @VLillyV sorry about the news you received. Another vote for finding a new lender for a new opinion. They are not all created equal. Did you just speak with a specific bank, or talk to an actual mortgage broker?

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NervousNelly825 I hope you're right. I'll talk to my actual bank to see if they have any better options.

@purplestarz thank you, and I spoke with an actual broker but they are not connected with a well known bank, it was a private lender
  • My winning: I started working on a really fun project with another team a few weeks ago, and I mentioned it in passing to my boss but didn't give details or ask permission. Today it came up again and it turns out she's really excited about the project and supportive of me working on it. 

My WTF: DH has the car for work today and I had an OB appt so I took Lyft there and back. Coming back took 3x as long as it should have cause the driver had no idea where she was going and was blindly relying on Waze. I was already nauseous from the glucose test and all of the u-turns and hard stops did not help. Eventually, I took over navigation and made it home. I love the convenience of Lyft but miss the expertise of taxi drivers who actually know how to drive. 

@VLillyV Agreed on getting another opinion. If you have a relationship with a local banker, that could help. If you are a Costco member, they have an affiliate program with competitive rates that's worth exploring. You would put in your credit score, etc. and they would only show you lenders/rates that will work with you. Zillow/Trulia has a similar affiliate tool but the rates can be all over the place. Credit Unions also can offer great rates and flexibility on how much they will approve you for. 

Also, if the lender didn't already explain the factors that led to the decision, make sure you have a conversation with him about it and understand what you can do to improve your attractiveness to lenders. Also, a hard pull or two barely affects your credit, so don't worry about doing it again. If you do several within a few weeks it's obvious that it's because you are shopping around lenders and it's NBD. 

• JessDGJessDG member
    WTF!!!!  My 3 year old Air Conditioner is not working.  The company that I bought it from sold and transferred clients to another company whose mailbox is full when I try to call and leave a message!  UGH.
  • @JessDG ohhhh no!!! That's bologna, for lack of a better term. Ugh!
  • WTF: Starting tomorrow we're in for 100+ degree weather for at least a week.  Sleeping has also been a challenge this week.  I can't seem to sleep straight through the night.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @TallMomma29 I am so baffled when people still use fax machines. Hello its called email!

Also, that is tough. I would demand to see someone! Good luck.
  • @Brambles23 commiserating with you :( I'll be hiding from the sun in my house with all the shades drawn like a cave.

@TallMomma29 keep calling. It's their fault not yours! Can you drive over there and hand deliver the information they need? 

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF I woke up with a cold sore.  I used to get them as a kid but I never do anymore!  And I have a lunch to go to for work today.  Wonderful.