May 2017 Moms

Monday B!tchfest

Bringing back an oldie, but goodie...

It doesn't have to be baby-related either...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Monday B!tchfest

• Loading the player...
  • I struggle to know what to post here vs FB. I hate to duplicate bc I don't want to make members of both groups read things twice. And I'm also more comfortable with pictures etc on FB. I will really try to make more of an effort here though. 

My BF is that my child is a rockstar napper during the day but will. Not. Sleep. At night. Ugh.  I don't *think* she's napping too much - I cut them off at 2 hours. Mama needs some sleep over here!!
    This is us, DS hates the bassinet. He'll sleep in the RNP during the day, but at night he just hates the bassinet. We're trying to use the bassinet during the day more to get him used to it. I've spent most nights falling asleep in the glider holding him. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Nice to know I'm not alone but yeah, most of my nighttime sleep has been with her on my chest and me sleeping lightly so I don't roll over. It's not ideal. Then the moment the sun comes up she'll sleep anywhere! Ugh she's a drama queen already!
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    DD has slept in her crib since our first night home, but I was starting to notice she preferred the incline of the RNP. She still doesn't like the crib for napping. But, I started having her nap on the couch (while I am next to her watching tv etc). I think the additional flat surface during the day has helped her night time sleep.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I'm in same boat as most of you. She gets up to cluster feeding or something last few night then falls asleep nursing only to freak out the minute I put her down. Once she's up she needs boob again. Swaddling is annoying af
  • I have such mom guilt over feeling like I was starving her, the sleepless nights dont bother me yet lol
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I think the same way about posts! Which platform do I post on or do I post both and duplicate everything? Really trying to post more on here again! 

Re: sleeping...Ollie will sleep in his bassinet during the night with of course his normal waking for feeding and what not. However, during the day is a different story! He'll sleep on me, on a pillow on the couch (me right next to him), or sometimes in his chair that vibrates, but when I put him in the bassinet he wakes up within 10 minutes the little stinker! They say nap when baby naps but how are you supposed to do that when he won't sleep in a true safe space!? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • My living room is my world now. I sleep on the couch while DH sleeps in the bedroom. My LO also sleeps like crap during the night in her bassinet. She sleeps in the PNP during the day. Since H has to work early I just found it easier to sleep downstairs. I miss my bed.
  • @OmegaRose3 DS1 has taken to calling everyone a "dick head" because he has learned it gets a reaction -.-
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @OmegaRose3 why do adults find that sort of stuff funny? I just don't understand it... I would be beyond livid!
  • @ShadeofGreen816 right there with you! 4 weeks out now and over it, barely bleeding now but still enough that I need something, plus nursing pads, otherwise I end up drenched every feed, I'm over it!
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • @PartiallyDomesticated @absbubbs Ugh...it drives me nuts! There's no reason why my toddler needs to talk like that and people thinking it's funny doesn't help. I don't get why people find it funny either
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I'm almost 3 weeks PP and ugh....it's just gross and swampy feeling. I'm also sick of wearing full butt underwear 
  • Why now, 5 weeks pp, when I have 1 suture left in place from my second degree tear does it hurt SO much?! (At my pp follow up appt at 4 weeks, she said everything was healing nicely and that there was 1 suture left that she could see and that i should be fully healed by 6 weeks.) I need to take mirror down there to see what's going on! Ugh!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 your a brave woman taking a mirror down there and looking. I still feel like I do not want to see or think about what my beat up vag looks like 
  • @ShadeofGreen816, I was at the doctor on Monday, and I have BV :( Apparently, it's common when you're breastfeeding because you don't have as much estrogen to balance out the bacteria.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 what a bummer. I am prone to BV anyway and this constant moisture and poor ventilation with the pad are not helping! Hopefully I can avoid it. Should probably pick up some probiotics. 
  • lrwardrop said:
    @mrsrep123 your a brave woman taking a mirror down there and looking. I still feel like I do not want to see or think about what my beat up vag looks like 
    @lrwardrop only because I feel like I need to assess it before making an appt, otherwise, I'm with you in not seeing it in its current state  :#

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• It's been so terribly hot and humid here I was thinking the same thing about the pad. Is there anything to do to air it out down there? Or just hope for the best?
  • I definitely took a peak with the mirror about 1.5 weeks postpartum. I wanted to know what was going on, and it honestly wasn't bad at all. Things looked incredibly normal, except for the couple stitches.
  • I need to get rid of the pad too!  It's gross down there and I've started wondering about the BV too.  I don't know how the discharge is supposed to be.  It seems to be improving but it's still nasty.

Also so we started to have some diaper rash and it's minor and I'm working hard to air it out at each change and using some diaper cream.  I think someone said you had done some diaper free time with baby(@kns1988 ?).  How does one accomplish this?  Do you put baby on a blanket?  Or use some of those burp cloths that are really cloth diapers?  I just don't want poop or pee everywhere but I think airing it out will help! 
  • RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited June 2017
    I didn't look down there after DD and I'm doing it this time either. I'll trust my OB to take the peek LOL!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • @Jens_Hoes use a hairdryer on the cool setting, after a shower to dry it out a bit if you feel like that's what it needs
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • @rkstro2, we do some naked baby time every day to air out his diaper area and to give him stimulation. If you have something like a tarp or shower curtain, you could put that down with blankets over it. I just put him on a blanket in his travel basinett, and I'm at the ready to throw a cloth over his penis if he starts peeing. Sometimes I flip him on his stomach and put a cloth on his butt. He usually pees a couple times, but he seems to really enjoy the naked time, and it keeps him very alert. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Thanks @kns1988!  We are gonna try that!