September 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday 6/13/2017

Who is being a complete twat?

Re: TW Tuesday 6/13/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @CoastalMomma I totally feel for teachers, the other moms complain to me about my son's first grade teacher, but I think she's great. There have been some issues but I just talk to her and its not what it seemed or we work it out. 
  • @Incandescent. Exactly. Communication is key which is why I was a bit perplexed about why she was addressing me and not the teacher with whom she had a concern. 
  • @Lizlann, that would have irked me as well. I actually don't receive as much guff from parents as other teachers since I teach high school at an independent study charter for predominantly "at risk" students. Many of their parents are not involved at all, or are minimally involved, so it always catches me off guard when I have an interaction like the one I described above. Heck, I probably should have done cartwheels for the fact that I had a parent come talk to me in person. 
  • @coastalmomma It must be heartbreaking to see the homes some of those kids grow up in.window.post_1497376123557_21 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @Lizlann My son is almost 1.5 and went through a horrible biting stage! I was totally caught off guard and was freaking out with all the reports I was getting of him biting kids. There was 1 day I got a call because he bit 5 kids before noon and had to go home! He doesn't bite us so that's why it was so frustrating. His teachers are great though and were never upset and would be very encouraging saying hey no bites in 2 days! Now we are going weeks so that is definitely a step in the right direction. The weird thing is he wasn't always biting out of frustration or anger. He would just bite... Anyway I'm glad you are understanding because as mom with the biter I was at a loss for what to do and was so embarrassed and didn't want anyone to think we allowed that behavior.
  • TW is the "A/C" in my building at work. It's 79 degrees at my desk. I'm freaking dying. I put in a work order to have it looked at and they're like, "it's fine, all fixed!" BS, since it's still 79 at my desk. I'm chugging water trying not to pass out.
  • @labby18 if there was a twat award I would vote for her for sure!!!! Inconsiderate B! I hope that she is smart enough not to just show up at your baby shower uninvited. Good luck with this one.
  • tfrangul said:
    @Lizlann My son is almost 1.5 and went through a horrible biting stage! I was totally caught off guard and was freaking out with all the reports I was getting of him biting kids. There was 1 day I got a call because he bit 5 kids before noon and had to go home! He doesn't bite us so that's why it was so frustrating. His teachers are great though and were never upset and would be very encouraging saying hey no bites in 2 days! Now we are going weeks so that is definitely a step in the right direction. The weird thing is he wasn't always biting out of frustration or anger. He would just bite... Anyway I'm glad you are understanding because as mom with the biter I was at a loss for what to do and was so embarrassed and didn't want anyone to think we allowed that behavior.
    I actually told the teacher I was surprised that we hadn't had any reports that DS was biting his friends because he does bite me quite frequently. For us it's also not out of frustration or anger. He'll just be playing and all of a sudden turn around and bite me. I think that's part of why I'm not so worried when it happens to my kid - I recognize that it just happens and if my kid does it then I can't be surprised when other kids do it too. I did see the mom of the kid who bit him this morning and she was so apologetic and embarrassed. Based on her reaction I have no doubt that she's working on it with him, which is really all that anyone can ask.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @Lizlann I love everything about how you handled the situation. Wish more moms were like that about some things, very awesome of you. 
  • jena333-2 said:
    TW is the "A/C" in my building at work. It's 79 degrees at my desk. I'm freaking dying. I put in a work order to have it looked at and they're like, "it's fine, all fixed!" BS, since it's still 79 at my desk. I'm chugging water trying not to pass out.
    I will gladly trade desks with you. All the men in this office have decided that 70 is an appropriate temp. I have a heater going and have every day, forever. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• tfrangul said:
    Oh jeeze 70 is still warm. Our house is set on 66 and I still have a fan on high in our room! Haha I'm a hot box all the time.
    I would die!! Our house is at 77. and I usually still wear pants to bed! I really do wish I was not this way though. I freeze everywhere inside in the summer and I know I'm the minority so nobody wants to change the temp just for me. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• jena333-2 said:
    jena333-2 said:
    TW is the "A/C" in my building at work. It's 79 degrees at my desk. I'm freaking dying. I put in a work order to have it looked at and they're like, "it's fine, all fixed!" BS, since it's still 79 at my desk. I'm chugging water trying not to pass out.
    I will gladly trade desks with you. All the men in this office have decided that 70 is an appropriate temp. I have a heater going and have every day, forever. 
    70 sounds amazing. I can always put more layers on and a heater. But there reaches a point where you can't​ wear any LESS at work without becoming scandalous!!
    Haha very true about removing clothes! I'm jealous though. I'd rather be hot, mainly because I'm not not sure how it would feel. I don't know why I bother shaving my legs. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• tfrangul said:
    Oh jeeze 70 is still warm. Our house is set on 66 and I still have a fan on high in our room! Haha I'm a hot box all the time.
    I would die!! Our house is at 77. and I usually still wear pants to bed! I really do wish I was not this way though. I freeze everywhere inside in the summer and I know I'm the minority so nobody wants to change the temp just for me. 
    This is me! When we use the AC in our house we keep it at 78 and sometimes 80. I am always freezing inside in the summer and have to bring layers with me everywhere. I'm hoping pregnancy might keep me a little warmer this summer.