January 2018 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: 6/4-6/10

Re: Pregnancy Questions and Concerns: 6/4-6/10

• Options
    @cassandranicolette86 I've had a similar experience with this and a previous pregnancy. DD came out just fine at full term, but I had bleeding with intercourse off and on from 6-18 weeks. This time it happened again (and I have a new OB) who found a polyp on my cervix that was the likely culprit. It could be that for you or just a sensitive cervix. 

Byw, my doctor did recommend pelvic rest until 14 weeks, but also said that it was for my peace of mind, not that there is any known risk involved with continued sexual contact. 

God bless! Praying for a a healthy pregnancy for you. 
  • Options
    @Shanski70 Man I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Rest assured that I am mustering some pregnancy hormone fueled rage at the situation (and parents) for you!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zamora_spin what an awesome resource!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @Shanski70 man that is beyond crappy. I'm sorry. I know it's not the same but I had to stay away from DD for 4 days when she was 8 Month's Old because I was so sick. It was the worst.
  • Options
    gamilasalem82gamilasalem82 member
    edited June 2017
    So I got my blood test results in today.  Almost everything is normal.  I have really high calcium crystals in my urine (a result of my LCD for diabetes) which I'm used to... But the weird thing is... My RH factor has changed.  My whole life I have been O negative but I came back O positive.  Even with all my medical training (I have a BS in Midwifery) I have never heard of your RH factor changing.  I have had blood transfusions with O negative blood and had to take the RH shot during all my previous pregnancies - because I am O negative.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We retested and I am still coming back O positive.  Really scratching my head on this one and have no idea what to do.  My RE, who in my opinion is a moron, says my doctors in the US must have been wrong because Egyptian tests are the best in the world (smh - OMG). *sigh* IDK.  Not sure what to do now.  Calling my OB's office back in the states to get all my previous blood work shipped here. Not sure where to go, but I scheduled an appointment with my hematologist to figure this stuff out.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    averee12  Always make sure to consult your doctor before you start taking any otc medications.  They know your medical history and what's safe for you and what's not.  Not every medication is safe for every person during pregnancy.  We're all different.  Its better to check with your doctor before - just to make sure it is safe for you. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Shanski70 that is horrific! I really feel for you.
  • Options
    So I got my blood test results in today.  Almost everything is normal.  I have really high calcium crystals in my urine (a result of my LCD for diabetes) which I'm used to... But the weird thing is... My RH factor has changed.  My whole life I have been O negative but I came back O positive.  Even with all my medical training (I have a BS in Midwifery) I have never heard of your RH factor changing.  I have had blood transfusions with O negative blood and had to take the RH shot during all my previous pregnancies - because I am O negative.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We retested and I am still coming back O positive.  Really scratching my head on this one and have no idea what to do.  My RE, who in my opinion is a moron, says my doctors in the US must have been wrong because Egyptian tests are the best in the world (smh - OMG). *sigh* IDK.  Not sure what to do now.  Calling my OB's office back in the states to get all my previous blood work shipped here. Not sure where to go, but I scheduled an appointment with my hematologist to figure this stuff out.  
    I googled and found this one page with a description of one possible explanation​. It seems maybe their tests pick up variants of the Rh factor that ours don't? It's not possible for your blood type to change, so that may be what's going on. 
    https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/rh-in-blood/
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    @Ready4theParty I know how you feel!  
    With my first, (my live birth baby). I had every symptom under the sun, not exaggerating within a week of conception I just knew I had to be pregnant,  with my last two (both losses) I felt pregnant at first, some mild symptoms but they faded by week 8 and around the time I thought I should be feeling the "most pregnant" I felt nothing at all... (not saying this is the case for you at you - just I've experienced these feelings of dread). 
    Now this pregnancy I still have symptoms but I'm analyzing everything (like was my nausea with pregnancy #1 rougher by now, or was it about the same,   Did my boobs still hurt at week 6 or were starting to feel better...). 
    You would think we would be happy with less symptoms  but sometimes it's all you can think about.  
    Try to hang in there and be positive, hopefully your appointments go good and you get some comforting news.   

For me with both my losses heartbeats stopped around week 6 or Just after.  My first ultrasound isn't even until week 7. So I'm just hoping to see that flicker!!! Just that little bit of hope that we are out of that window. 
    Xo
  • Options
    @karacc18 I have been on progesterone suppositories since week 4/5, but my OB told me he wants to continue them for another 6 weeks at my 8 week appointment. I hate them, but I rather take them until he tells me to stop (most likely second trimester). I would probably continue them until you talk to your OB, that way you are almost to the second trimester. Then the placenta takes over the hormone production.

Me: 34 | DH: 32
    Married: May 2015
    DS: 12/17
    BFP#2: 12/26, EDD#2: 9/5

• Options
    @karacc18 I agree with @FireLily0 I have been on them since week 5 and my OB said "at least until 12 weeks." I will find out at my 12 will appointment if I need to continue. The same doctor treated my lack of periods in the past by pumping me full of progesterone and then stopping so that I would have a withdrawal bleed...thinking through that whole thing makes me paranoid to even skip a suppository until he says it's okay.
  • Options
    @TInman87 and @FireLily0 thank you... i have friends that were on them as well and said they were on until at least 10 weeks and then were told to wean off them.

When i called the office yesterday, the nurse said they tell all their patients they can stop them at 8 weeks because the placenta takes over at the point.... but i am still nervous and asked her to ask the doctor for me. I am going to continue them until i see my OB and see if he will do blood work at my initial appointment to check my prog level.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At what point would you call about one-sided cramping? I'm having some persistent moderate cramping on my right side that really only hurts when I'm bending over or sitting down. I don't have an OB yet so I'd have to call the general nurse line.
  • Options
    So I miswrote my appointment and apparently it's for Monday... so I'll ask my ultrasound question then and let you guys know. Thank you for all the answers! It's helped put my mind at ease:)
  • Options
    @schaze If I were you, I'd go ahead and call now. Persistent one-sided cramping is one of the first things my nurse told me to call about. Not to scare you because it's pretty normal/common in healthy pregnancies too, but I would go ahead and call about it. 

I had a sharp pain on one side that was not persistent about a week ago, but came with some spotting so I went to the ER because it was also late at night. Everything was perfect, but I'm glad I went for the peace of mind. 
  • Options
    So today I craved a tuna sandwich for lunch... I had canned light tuna at home so I made one. Didn't even think about it until after I are it, but was that safe to eat?! I haven't had tuna in months.
  • Options
    @averee12, tuna's fine. You just have to watch how much you eat and what types; it can be high in mercury.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    karacc18  I am also take Prometrium - 200mg once per day after O through 12 weeks. I would call the RE and see what they say before stopping. Maybe they will want to monitor your levels after stopping? Good luck :smile:
  • Options
    I called almost right after I hit post because Dr. Google was scaring me, and the nurse was pretty confident it's just things stretching and growing as they should. I just never felt the one-sided pain with DD so it was making me nervous. And of course soon after I hung up it started to subside. 
  • Options
    @amandaplus1onboard I am so sorry about your losses.  My appt yesterday went well.  I am still slightly freaked out because the heartbeat was so low at 117 which the tech said is in a healthy range.  Both my girls were 140 or higher so DH is very excited that this "must" be a boy.  I am getting more excited I just worry because my dr said your ms is supposed to get worse with each pregnancy which sounds horrible.

i am going with the idea that I paid it forward in my last pregnancy and I don't need to be sick this time around
  • Options
    @schaze I think it is always good to call.  I have had one-sided pain with both of my pregnancies now and it has always correlated to the ovary which dropped the egg.  That ovary is in charge of releasing the progesterone that keeps the babies sticky, so it is working overtime.  I have had my US techs show me which ovary dropped the egg because it is cool, #1, but they can see the hormone release and see if the follicle that released the egg has become inflamed or not.  Generally if you have had ovarian cysts it is caused by either an egg not releasing all the way or that follicle becoming inflamed and accumulating fluid.  
  • Options
    @Ready4theParty Glad it went well!  And that's a good way to look at it ! lol 
  • Options
    myorke24myorke24 member
    edited June 2017
    Any one experience lessening of symptoms? 9w3d and nausea/food aversions are all but gone! Chest still very full and exhausted so not a total loss of all of them. Curious if this is
    typical for this stage...first time pregnancy I did not have near the severity of MS of this one. 
  • Options
    @myorke24 Lessening of symptoms happens for some women around this time, because the placenta begins to take over.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @myorke24 I was just thinking today that I felt more normal than I have in a week or two. I'm 10w4d
  • Options
    That makes sense! Thank you! I was really fortunate with DS to not experience it unless I felt hungry. This time has been so intense and now this shift. 
  • Options
    These last exchanges are giving me hope. Yesterday and today have been two of the worst MS days I've had to date. 10 weeks 1 day and hoping for some relief soon! 
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 Are you making sure that you're staying hydrated? I know with throwing up so many times like you have, it is very easy to get dehydrated, which will make you throw up even more.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @missblaze I think I am more or less. My urine isn't overly concentrated. I caved and called the doctor today and they told me to monitor that and go to the ER if I start feeling signs of dehydration. I love the irony that being hungry or thirsty makes nausea worse... but nausea makes it so you can't keep anything down!
    *TW*

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 I know, it's an awful vicious cycle.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 Fx it starts to get better soon!
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 Hoping you get relief in the coming days! Good advice on trying to stay hydrated - do you like coconut water? I dilute it with water a bit but it is incredible at replenishing electrolytes and hydration! 
  • Options
    @myorke24 Thank you! I do like it. I'm planning on going to the grocery after work and I will grab some! I'll try anything!
    *TW*

• Options
    I also had a lessening of symptoms at about 9 weeks, @myorke24. I can now go a few days with only mild nausea (but I'll have a really rough day thrown in too...I think it's my body's way of reminding me, "hey, you're pregnant, so don't get too comfortable!"). I'm now 10+4, and the only major symptoms I'm dealing with are food aversions (I HATE you chicken) and exhaustion. Hopefully you'll get there soon, @EmilyLove25!   
  • Options
    @cyanope That's so reassuring - thank you! I just want to see this sweet little's heartbeat and BREATHE. 
  • Options
    I feel like my symptoms are slightly lessening, too. My nausea hasn't been as intense the past couple days, but I'm only 8+1. I know symptoms can come and go, but I feel like they should still be getting more intense at this stage. Could the placenta be taking over this early?

I'm almost tempted to look for one of those ultrasound places, just to put my mind at ease, but I'm not completely convinced of their reliability and safety. Has anyone used them? Did you do any research beforehand?

Sorry for my anxiety-ridden post. You'd think I'd be a little more relaxed the second time around.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Peepster Mine started lessening right around 8 weeks and sx have been intermittent this week (I'm almost 10 weeks). I think for some women they lessen around now, and for others they get more intense. Yes, the placenta is just starting to work its magic.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Peepster, I have felt the exact same way all day. I do sympathize. Here in the UK, my first scan will be at 12 weeks so I've decided to get a private scan next week for my peace of mind. Good luck whatever you decide to do
  • Options
    I'm just at the 6week mark
  • Options
    @Peepster, Sorry my whole post disappeared. I sympathise with you because I have felt the same way all day. I plan to get a private scan for my peace of mind next week. Good luck whatever you decide.