Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 06/06/2017

GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
edited June 2017 in Trouble TTC
Hi everybody, it's checkin time...

Congratulations for any BFP's, hugs to anybody who needs one.

Welcome @Brooke4131 to the checkin!

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozol 5mg+trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 dx:fibroid Rx: myomectomy
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube DH: normal  rx: clomid
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx:   Rx: benched, trying naturally
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: What do you think about earthing?

a) Cutting edge healing science.
b) It's a hoax gone too far.
c) WTH is earthing?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 06/06/2017

• Hey ladies!

Sorry I wasn't around much the last few weeks. It has been rough for me. 

*TW other people's pregnancies motioned* - I found out a few days ago that my younger sister is accidentally KU by her boyfriend of less that 7 months. She is living at home with my mom still. He's a stoner without a car or a stable job who basically moved in and is mooching off both my sister and my mother. So, needless to say I am not super happy about this situation. I just can't even deal with this. I can't help but feel like this is the most unfair thing in the world. MH and I both have jobs, we own a home, we have our own cars, we are doing everything right and we just can't make this happen. And then these 2 idiots accidentally get pregnant because they weren't even using protection because my sister seemed to think that she couldn't get pregnant (??? - I asked her why she though that and she said "because I've never gotten pregnant before." I wanted to scream.) Meanwhile, we are about to start spending thousands of dollars on fertility treatments. So. I told MH he better quit his job and start smoking weed everyday because apparently that's what the problem seems to be. *End TW*

Other than that I am 13 DPO with a BFN and just WFAF so I can call my RE and get our first IUI cycle going. @GoldenKeys can you update my RX to Letrozole + Ovidrel Trigger + IUI please?

QOTW: C- I literally have never heard of earthing. So I looked it up and from what I read I would have to say B. Sorry if that offends anyone  :D
  • Today starts the TWW (only my second ever in 3.5 yrs) glad to have finally found a protocol that works.

QOTW: C) I haven't a clue
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Loading the player...
  • I finished up my testing this week and the HSG showed that everything is "normal," so I'm officially being labeled as Unexplained Infertility.  I'm glad the testing is over and we can move on, but also so frustrated that there is no answer for what's wrong.  I just keep wondering how we can fix something when we don't even know what is wrong.  The doctor should be calling later this week with a treatment plan, but mentioned starting with Clouds at my last appointment.

@Kim41313, so sorry you're having a rough few weeks.  It's always hard to hear that a friend/family member is pregnant, especially when they don't always realize how hard it is for others to get pregnant.  

QOTW:  Definitely C!
  • +OPK this morning so we'll be HIO tonight and tomorrow and then we'll be in our first natural TWW in a while. We should have decent timing since we BDd the last three days but of course then I worry that we didn't have enough rest time for DH but whatever at this point.

TW***
    The lady I nanny for just told me this AM that she is expecting and due in November. That's the second time someone I nanny for has gotten KU in less than a year. Apparently I preggo Magic for other but have none for myself. 

QOTW: no idea what earthing is and glad to see im not the only one
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• SP128SP128 member
    @Kim41313 If I were irresponsible, young and jobless, I would've been pregnant many times over..... Sheesh..  So sorry you have to deal with that.  

Today is my 8th day taking estrogen and 11 DPO.  Once AF starts we can start doing the injectables for IVF.  Awesomeness.  

No clue what earthing is.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Hi all! CD11 here. I go in for my follie check u/s tomorrow and then hopefully IUI this weekend. I decided to change it up and guzzle RRLT this cycle for funsies. I'm not convinced it will do anything but it doesn't seem like it will hurt, either. 

Related, does anyone have tips on how to get DH to remember to take his vitamins? He takes pills everyday but he does not seem capable of remembering the vitamins. He was going away this weekend and I even stocked a pill box with them and he forgot to take the box! Yesterday I tried guilting him by saying, "Look, I'm taking my vitamins and there's not even a problem on my side." Which was admittedly a bit mean because I would NEVER blame him personally for our IF, but I'm frustrated that he's not doing everything he can. TL;DR anyone else dealing with this?

@Kim41313 Ugh I'm so sorry about your rough few weeks! That's so frustrating about your sister and her BF. Whhyy do people think like that?!  :s

@Brooke4131 Welcome! I'm glad your testing is done and you're moving toward a treatment plan. 

@SoontobeMommaHowe Hooray for +OPKs. Good luck!

QOTW C--but then I looked it up and I think it's probably a lot of pseudo-science and half-baked understandings of how physics, chemistry, and biology work. 
  • @Kim41313 Ugg, how aggravating.  It is absolutely unfair that those of us who have done everything "right" and can't seem to get KU.  So frustrating when you hear of someone like that with no job, no car, and no way to support a baby have an "oops".

@Kate437 I hope your TWW goes by fast!

@Brooke4131 Being in the unexplained grouping, I completely understand your frustrations.  

AFM, not really anything to report.  Since my follicle check showed the 2 cysts and it took 2 cycles for them to get back down to acceptable size, I am taking the time to start exercising again.  I started an 8 week exercise program I bought and did years ago, shortly after I met my husband.  I figured its the perfect opportunity to get my butt back into shape and get myself back to being close to where I was before I was married.  The button coming off of my dress pants was the final straw.

QOTW:  My SIL, MIL and FIL are really into natural stuff.  They eat completely organic, non-gmo, essential oils and so on.  I have heard my MIL talk about "earthing" once.  Now, I'm all for buying some of my food organic, but we'll never go completely organic.  I don't give a hoot about GMO or non GMO.  I think essential oils can help with some things but most medical conditions (especially serious ones) should be treated with medicine, and I certainly think this "earthing" business is a bunch of hoopla (no offense to those of the differing opinion).

I think it's a fad that is destined to be short lived.  I enjoy walking outside barefoot as much as the next person, or more....but I certainly don't think that having direct skin to earth contact is going to have any effect whatsoever on my health and well being.  We invented shoes, clothes, and furniture for a reason.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• OMG re: QOTW - I was actually just thinking about how much I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow and Goop right before I saw this. 100% B, it is baloney!

@hoffmanr7 - what you are describing re: organic, non-gmo, essential oils - that is my H's nightmare. Sometimes I tease him about his one-man war on the organics movement. One of his favorite things to do is talk about how Whole Foods is a scourge of elitism and ignorance that ultimately makes our society a less tolerant and accepting place (Ie. "you're only in poor health because you don't eat organics"). To a certain extent, I agree with my H - except once-in-a-while, I really like tahini dressings and quinoa pilafs, or like lavender pillow spray. We eat a lot of kale and brown rice; they're just not organic.

The other day, we had a long conversation about pseudoscience because someone we know has been "treating" something that seems like a medical condition with essential oils; they won't just go see a doctor. Another person, who keeps Himalayan salt lamps in their bedroom, asked me if maybe I wasn't pregnant yet because I wasn't "ready". I was so offended; I'm still offended. For the past couple of days I've been hopped up on hating anything that even smacks of mysticism.

@Kim41313 - I'm so sorry, that would be a tough week! It's not fair. I hope your sister and her boyfriend manage to pull themselves together to make a nice life for the baby, but man... right now, that kind of thing stings! 

AFM: just waiting for AF and to start suppressing.

• I am on CD1. Last cycle I ovulated which is so exciting! But my luteal phase was way longer than normal and it drove me crazy and made me think I was pregnant and at the same time I knew I wasn't. And this period HURTS and is SO MUCH. And ugh... I just want to cry.

But yay, I ovulated so we're starting femara on CD3 and we'll continue with everything like last time.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• I have never heard of "earthing", but seeing the responses I kind of understand or have a basic idea of it. I'm a vegetarian, well pescatarian because I'll consume fish some times. I try to eat healthy, and do believe in taking vitamins (I look like a little old lady with them) but not sure about this earthing concept. Nature does have a good way of helping thing, but I agree that some times science is very helpfup...just look at what we all are under-going for instance!

@funkykey That's horrible someone would say that to you, I'm so sorry! My DH's family once told me "32 days will do it (BDing)." Yeah OK! If only it was that easy...
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 - ha! re: 32 days. Sounds exhausting!
  • @Brooke4131 Unexplained is such a hard diagnosis (not that others aren't as well). I totally understand the frustration not knowing what to do to "fix" the problem when we don't know what the problem is. Hang in there.

@Bababatty does he use one of those daily pill boxes for his other pills? If so could he just put the daily vitamin in there too? That's what I do because I used to forget to take my vitamins everyday. Plus I set a daily alarm on my phone. As far as my DH goes, I leave his vitamin bottle on the bathroom counter. I figure if its in his face its hard for him to forget. He's pretty good about taking it when he's getting ready for bed, but he definitely misses a few days here and there. So, even when the bathroom is all nice and clean and the counter is cleared off, his vitamin bottle is still out as a reminder to take them. 

@hoffmanr7 good for you for exercising! I am so terrible at making sure I get my exercise in. I just can't seem to find the motivation. I do like to walk in the evenings, but its been raining a lot here so that hasn't happened in a few weeks. What is the exercise program you're doing called?

@funkykey I hope they can pull it together too. And seriously, what is wrong with people?! "You're not pregnant because you're not ready" I don't blame you for being offended. Some people are so ridiculous. Do they think that kind of thing is helpful??

@Mythril sorry for CD1  :/ but yay for ovulating on your own! 

Thanks for all the support ladies. I have definitely been having pity party for myself the last few days, but I am feeling a little better today. DH and I had a talk last night about how many IUI cycles to do before moving on and our plan to pay for IVF if it comes to that. I think that has helped me feel hopeful again. I also decided that its time I talk to my family about my IF, especially with my sister's situation. I can't go through this with her for the next 9 months pretending that I am okay. So, I think I will feel somewhat relieved to share this with them and have their support as we start treatment. 
  • @hoffmanr7 I'm with you on hitting the last straw and needing to lose weight. DH and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary this summer and I'm currently 17 lbs heavier than when I got married. Not that I'll ever get to my wedding weight again but 17 lbs is just too much. I have to stuff myself into all my pants at this point,it's super uncomfortable and I'm way too stubborn (& unemployed) to buy the next size up. So here I sit eating shrimp and edamame for lunch with carrot sticks for my afternoon snack hoping I can stay motivated and drop 10 lbs by the end of the summer.

@Kim41313 I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Those are the types of situations that really irk me. I don't get that upset when married, stable, loving couples get KU but when people in similar situations to your sister announce they're pregnant I just want to crawl in a hole and cry for the day. My cousin is similar to your sister and I haven't even been able to bring myself to congratulate her. 

@Bababatty what about gummies?? I know I struggle to remember taking regular vitamins but I always seem to remember my gummies. I spoke to my doctor about them too because not all people believe you get the full benefits from gummies and she said it was totally fine. 

@mythril how long was your LP? I did IUIs the last three cycles and my LP was 17 days with each (mine is typically 12-14 days) and it really does mess with your mind and emotions. 

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• I know some of you participate on TTCAL so I apologize for the redundancy. I had my laparoscopy Monday to possibly remove a fibriod. Once my RE took a look, he determined that he did not need to remove it. He did find and diagnose me with stage one endometriosis and spent two hours removing it from my uterus and bladder. So that sucks. But he said that I should be in remission for a little bit and that getting pregnant and nursing will prolong that remission. He did say that my tubes and ovaries looked great so that's good. I guess he talked to my mom and DH about possible endo or fertility meds but neither could remember which one. I have an appointment next Tuesday for a follow up so I guess I will get the details then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364 So sorry you had to undergo all of this! Glad he was able to help remove a good amount of it for you. Bright side, everything else looks good! Hope you're next appointment goes well and can figure out a good plan going forward  <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @SoonToBeMommaHoweSo here I sit eating shrimp and edamame for lunch with carrot sticks for my afternoon snack hoping I can stay motivated and drop 10 lbs by the end of the summer.

We are having shrimp for dinner, for the exact same reason. With a small (portion-controlled) side of quinoa, and maybe a baby romaine salad. And we'll eat this after I get home from my pilates class...  And I hate it so, so much!

I too am determined to wear my old pants again. I 100% blame the stress of IF for my pants not fitting.

And, of course, while DH is down like 4lbs since we started, I have actually gained a pound. Ugh. 
  • @kristimh80 thanks so much! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hoffmanr7hoffmanr7 member
    edited June 2017
    @Kim41313 It's called Rip 60.  If I remember correctly I found it at Walmart.

@funkykey I'm of the mind frame that if people want to eat all organic, non-gmo, yadda yadda, that's there business...as long as they don't push it on others, then I get mad.  My brothers-in-law came up with a new drinking game at Thanksgiving.  You drink if someone says organic.  Yeah, we'd all probably be wasted within a couple of hours.  Sometimes its ALL my MIL and FIL talk about.

@MooFish2364 I'm sorry. That stinks :(
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• tops-2tops-2 member
    Hey everyone. Having another crappy week over here..
    I finished my first round of Letrozole (full of fatigue and headaches) and had my first blood test to check estrogen levels. Unfortunately the doctor says they haven't risen enough but he's hoping they'll still go up, so I have to have another test on Saturday. So I'm really nervous
    If they don't rise enough I'll have to take provera again to finish the cycle, then try again on a higher dose
    I'm still holding onto hope that the results will be good on Saturday, but if they're not I'll be devastated. If this cycle doesn't work that will be 11 months with no ovulation.
    **TW - On top of that two friends from uni announced their pregnancies over the last 2 days..

QOTW: What do you think about earthing?
    c) WTH is earthing?
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @tops-2 FX for you that your numbers go up this Saturday!! Try drinking more water, I learned with letrozole, if you don't stay hydrated it can cause headaches. Try to stay positive, are you doing any follicle monitoring / ultrasounds to see how follicles are responding?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe It was 18 days if you go by when my doctor told me to mark ovulation, and 16 days by temps.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• tops-2tops-2 member
    @kristimh80 Thanks for the tip :) I'll try to drink more water next time.
    They haven't done any follicle monitoring yet at least. They said they should be able to see everything they need from blood tests, but they may do ultrasounds if they think they're needed too. I'll have more news in less than 24 hours, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed..
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• @tops-2 Hopefully you will get at least one follicle check, that's the fun part...being able to see their sizes and what they look like! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• tops-2tops-2 member
    @kristimh80 I'm getting a check in 2 days! I've had 2 more blood tests in the last 3 days and my estrogen level have risen significantly :) yay!
    So in 2 more days I'm getting another test and an ultrasound to check my ovaries.
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1.  How long have you been TTC?
     4 years 

2.  What is your diagnosis? Still in testing but so far Insulin Resistance, Anovulation, still waiting to find out horomone levels, if there is a tube blockage, and if FI is part of the issue.  

3.  What is your current Rx plan? Metformin, Prometrium. Depending on results of Semen analysis and HSG: IUI with trigger 
  • @SunflowerMama428 that's great news!! Congrats!! 
  • @SunflowerMama428 Congratulations!!!!  That is so exciting!
  • Congrats @SunflowerMama428!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Catching up here.... 

@kim41313 You’re definitely not alone in your feelings that things don’t seem fair! I’m sorry that it’s so close to home for you.

@brooke4131 Hope that you’ll be able to figure out a treatment plan!

@soontobemommahowe @SP128  FX for you!

@hoffmanr7 Such a good use of the time off :)

@bababatty My husband is the same way! We leave his right next to his toothbrush so he can’t forget :)

@moofish2364 That’s great that he was able to remove some of it and that things went well. Hope you have a fast recovery and remission is the magic ticket

@fluffybookworm Welcome!

@sunflowermama428 So happy for you – congratulations!