September 2017 Moms

twatwaffle Tuesday 6/6

Re: twatwaffle Tuesday 6/6

• Loading the player...
  • @jillibean0871 oh my. I would have drowned him, or at least kicked him in. 
  • @jillibean0871 Nope. I would not have done that. I would have told DH to go do it by himself if he couldn't wait until morning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • close friend of mine seriously got mad/upset
  • @bnmort8 That is so weird. How can anyone get that upset about not being a godparent?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @bnmort8 That is so weird. Is godparent even that big a deal anymore? Do you need a title to be a positive influence in someone's life? I know I have some from when I was baptized but I don't even remember who, and my brothers both have different ones. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MrsVP614 That is a perfectly acceptable thing to be upset about.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited June 2017
    @bridge-and-wall @labby18 Hell no! major eye roll when someone says their baby, referring to your baby.
    You all are making me feel much better! Just thought it was weird that she made it about her, and I just have visions of her rocking my baby in that chair and me prying my kid out of her hands. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MyNamesTaken its really not that big of a deal at least I thought I mean my husband took it pretty serious he made a Will so he did make it legal but still no not that serious anyone can be a positive role model like you said.
  • @bridge-and-wall no one should mess with pregnant women when it comes to anything related to food.
  • @bridge-and-wall I would be super pissed. I am a B when I am hungry and I am not ok with someone messing with my schedule. I am annoyed with you.
  • Thanks everyone. We did finally have lunch around 12. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Ok I'm nominating the attorneys associated with this damn case against my husband. I have been calling and leaving messages and no one will call me back! And court is tomorrow. My husband has given them permission to tell to me so that's not the issue. He has made such great progress we just don't need this. Grrr
  • labby18 said:
    @MrsVP614 i texted my mom a pic of the crib (that I bought) in the nursery and she responded with....

"It's beautiful!! Can't wait to see my new baby princess sleeping in it!!"

UMMMM...excuse me? She isn't YOUR baby. Pretty sure I'm the one pregnant not you. Ugh, I get your feels. I didn't respond.
    My mother in law still does this with my 2.5 year old. She always asks how "our baby" is doing... I don't remember her being present when DH and I made OUR baby. 
  • @bridge-and-wall We're having purely ceremonial godparents too...like double because we're not religious so it won't be through a church even. I had the same type of godparents. My FIL was referring to them as potential guardians today and I had explain that he'll probably go to family of something happens, they're just extra support. He was actually pretty happy about that, and realistically, probably where baby would go if something did happen. I'm also very sorry about your delayed lunch!!
  • I was always under the impression that God parents are there to guide you through your spiritual walk and in the case of the loss of your parents, they would make sure you maintained your spiritual commitments. Not anything having to do with guardianship.