September 2017 Moms

Bitchfest Monday 6/5 edition

Good Morning Ladies,

Lets hear it. What has you bitching.

Re: Bitchfest Monday 6/5 edition

• Loading the player...
  • @Cats*in*space its very itchy. Nothing new at all and just in that area. I spent a good bit of time outside on Saturday, so I'm really thinking it was a bug. Maybe the bug released something on its skin? Who knows. Luckily I work from home so I took my bra off and am trying to prevent my boobs from touching. Its only in the area they touch each other.

Sorry about your spider vein. Maybe there is hope for that to go away once the baby is born.

• My biggest bitch would be that my Central air is not working properly. It's been in the 90s with 80% humidity. Not ok with me or anyone in my house. My husband is such a jerk when he gets to hot and it doesn't help with the medicine he is on. Thank goodness I have a contractor coming hopefully today. He said he would make us priority​ since I am pregnant and we have kids. So that's a plus.
    Also bitching about my family being super awkward about my cousin giving her baby up for adoption. She just graduated and was accepted to a college in New York and feels it's best. I'm not judging. 
    My last bitch would be that my stepsister asked my 8 year old daughter to be the flower girl in her wedding this fall. Exciting right?! Then she drops on me this weekend that they don't want kids at their wedding.... So my 8yr can come but my toddler and infant can't??? WTF. This may be more of an unpopular opinion but I think that's stupid and I'm super pissed. I told her if that is in fact the case she may want to find a new flower girl because we won't be attending. Sorry but we don't have anyone to watch our kids and I am not leaving my 2 month old with anyone. 
  • @DPandMB I've had what looks like an allergic reaction on my chest/cleavage since I got pregnant. My Dr. actually said it's fairly common and not to worry if it's not itchy or uncomfortable. Still may be worth getting checked out though!

My BF is also that it's Monday and it's raining and that our new house is taking forever to be finished and ready to move in. I just want to get settled in and decorate the nursery while I still have some energy.
  • @tfrangul I don't blame you at all. How can you ask kids to be in your wedding, but not allow kids to be at the wedding. Also with a newborn, leaving your baby for several hours doesn't seem like anything I would want to do. Its one thing to have to leave your baby when you go to work, but its another thing to leave your baby during a time it would be easy to have your baby. Also, good for your cousin. I think it is a very hard decision for women to make and she probably needs all the support she can get. That couldn't have been an easy decision for her to make.

• @DPandMB yeah I was furious about that comment. They asked her to be in the wedding like 2 months ago and have never said a word about no kids are welcome to attend. My step mom was like we will discuss it later. So now I'm stuck feeling like the horrible mother because she got to pick out her dress already and it's super cute. She is super excited too​ of course. Ugh. I hate this. 
  • I think weddings are family events. Close relatives should all be invited regardless of age. Kids of the couple's friends are different, but her nieces and nephews should ALL be there! Splitting up a family is especially rude!

Also, I'm sorry they're treating your cousin poorly. That can't have been an easy decision to make and definitely not one made on a whim. I hope she has lots of supportive people in her life!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @tfrangul could your parents talk to her at all? Maybe at worst, your daughter could go for the ceremony and then you come home. I understand how hard that is. I wouldn't want to do that to my 8 year old either.

• @MyNamesTaken they are not treating her poorly persay but they are just awkward. It's my mom's side and they all are just weird about pregnancy in general. It's hard to explain. They are all just a bunch of weirdos. Lol
    @DPandMB  I'm going to talk to my step mom and see what she says. Maybe an option will be just going to the ceremony then we leave after that. But that would mean we all attend the 20 minute ordeal. My husband should not have to miss that special moment for our daughter either. It's not like it's a huge event.... They sent out 35 invites.....I'm just so confused.
  • @DPandMB oh no! That rash sounds awful :( I'm so sorry.. have you put any benadryl cream or hydrocortisone on it? 

@tfrangul I'm shocked she thought you would split your family up. I'd try talking to her again... otherwise I guess daddy has to take LO out in her fancy dress for a daddy daughter date.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @tfrangul I'd be lost without my central air, I hope it gets fixed quickly!  How is your DH doing?  And I'm sorry about your step-sister's wedding.  You made the same decision I would have, but it's still not an easy one.  Are there a lot of kids that would be there otherwise?

@JNR6510 A co-worker came in this morning and reeks of that powder spray you put in shoes to get rid of the smell (we used it on our soccer shoes when I was a kid).  It's probably pregnancy nose, but it's driving me nuts!

My BF:  Our rental house (among other random problems, like the storm door that was shattered during a storm not being replaced) has had air in the pipes since we moved in.  It was vacant for a while because the owners bought a new house, so it wasn't a surprise.  We've mentioned it multiple times to the property manager, but apparently the owners didn't want to try and have it fixed.  DH and I have done some of the 'free' options, like run ALL the water faucets, flush the toilets, etc, at the same time to force out the air, and it has helped but not fixed it.  The pipes in the basement knock really loudly when both toilets upstairs are run at the same time.  
    Well, yesterday, DH found a leak from one of the water heater pipes.  And we (and the property manager) are 99% sure it's because of the air in the pipes making the pipes shake.  So, now we don't have any water to the basement bathroom or the washing machine (and I haven't done laundry in a week and a half).  I'm all like this  :| bc the property manager said he'd be back at 9am today, and he's still not there (2pm).  On the plus side, the upstairs is still completely usable as far as water goes!   :|   :|   :|
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ColoradoHiker omg what a nightmare. How annoying!  I hope they get someone out there to fix this for you free of charge ASAP!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited June 2017
    I scheduled nursery furniture delivery for this Wednesday, knowing full well I have my endo appt at 3 pm that day. Well of course, the time frame they gave me for furniture delivery is 1-5 pm and I refuse to reschedule my endo appt because I need their help. I asked if the delivery time could be changed to the morning and of course no, which I expected. But I'm still going to bitch and whine about it because I want to.

Maybe my mom or sister can sit at the house while I go to my appt. Or maybe I'll get lucky and they show up at 1 pm (not) or 5 pm (also not).

Rawr.

Another Monday bitchfest: my blood sugars!! I can't eat food without them skyrocketing now! I want to cry.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • tfrangultfrangul member
    edited June 2017
    @ColoradoHiker Omg not having air is terrible! I know it's a luxury but I need it! Lol 
    My DH is doing fantastic!!! Thank you so much for asking!! He is trying to do some side jobs to get back into the work routine again. 
    As far as the wedding is concerned, I'm not sure honestly but I don't think so. They have voiced how they don't want kids but I didn't know they just flat out disliked them. 

Jeeze I posted before I was done! 
    I really hope they get your pipe/water issue fixed like now! I have to have my laundry or I'm a hot mess. Lol good luck!
  • @ColoradoHiker that is horrible! FX the property manager will finally get a move on and get these things fixed! That is definitely unacceptable. 
  • @ColoradoHiker Hope things get fixed for you soon. 

@Sugargirl1019 I'm so sorry about the blood sugar. Sounds super difficult. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @tfrangul the issue of kids and weddings is a tricky one, but I totally agree if they were going to ask your daughter to be the flower girl, they shouldn't then exclude the other kids! My husband and I limited kids at our wedding by saying that only our siblings or first cousins could bring kids - my nephew was the ring bearer and my husband's cousin's daughter was the flower girl - so it included all the right people hopefully without offending anyone that we told couldn't bring their kids (if we had not limited it we would have ended up with a significantly larger guest list to accommodate all our friends' kids). My friend had a similar situation to you last year - her husband's brother and sister-in-law wanted my friend's son to be the ring bearer in their wedding, but then said they weren't allowing any kids, so he could only come to the ceremony and not the reception. And this was for a wedding they would need to drive 8 hrs to attend!
  • @Rhubarb7216 it is very tricky. I just hope we can get straightened out without me looking like a complete asshole...but I mean my kids are my life. I literally do everything with them. 
  • Someone stole DHs social security #, used our address and his name to make a fake ID and to open a credit card at Target a couple weeks ago. We are just now finding out the extent of what they did. They bought 5 iPads among other things there. They also went to t-mobile and got at least 2 #s with new iPhones. They went to Sprint and opened an account, and we'll find out tomorrow what they did with that. WTF. The scary thing is that this all happened in our city! So they live here most likely. The target manager said the video is super clear, and as soon as DH goes up to the police dept, they'll release the video to them. We have the phone #s from t-mobile and I want so bad to call and cuss someone out, but they obviously know where we live. 
    I have some other BFs, but this one is the biggest for me at the moment, and that was a super long one! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @iheartichi all I have to say is omg holy shit! I am so sorry! I could not imagine dealing with all that! I'm having enough issues with the check fraud I had done to me late last year. Good luck and I hope it all gets taken care of asap!! 
  • My BF is the crappy internet in my house. We pay too much for internet for it to suck like this. If you're upstairs, you pretty much can't even use it. We bought an extender and it doesn't help at all. I've been trying to watch a show on Hulu for 100 minutes and so far I've actually gotten to watch 38 minutes of the show because it keeps freezing and having to start over. It also doesn't work in my office half the time, it only seems to work in our living room and my husband's office. I hate Comcast at this point. Whenever we call they refuse to fix anything.
  • @heatherlynn321 wtf that's awful! It's like dialup all over again!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 That's exactly what it feels like!
  • @iheartichi I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I cant imagine how scary that is. I hope you are able to get all of it figured out and cleared up quickly.

• @iheartichi That is terrible! I'm sorry you guys are dealing with that. FX they catch and jail these guys soon!
  • @iheartichi GL, I hope they are able to figure out who the person is right away and get it taken care of.  I'm glad you found out quickly, and not week or months in the future, though- the kind of damage people can do to your credit is astronomical.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • lap018lap018 member
    My BF is the crappy internet in my house. We pay too much for internet for it to suck like this. If you're upstairs, you pretty much can't even use it. We bought an extender and it doesn't help at all. I've been trying to watch a show on Hulu for 100 minutes and so far I've actually gotten to watch 38 minutes of the show because it keeps freezing and having to start over. It also doesn't work in my office half the time, it only seems to work in our living room and my husband's office. I hate Comcast at this point. Whenever we call they refuse to fix anything.
    I saw an e card on Pinterest once saying "how to solve the war on drugs:
    make all drugs legal but require purchase through Comcast customer service" 
    problem solved!

@iheartichi sorry you're having to deal with that! That's awful and scary! We had our credit card info stolen once and the guy at Visa fraud center told us that even he had it happen to him, he said it's very common and nearly impossible to prevent unless you never use it. Now the SSN that's a whole other ball game! 
  • @Sugargirl1019
     are you eating a protein with every snack/meal? I have gestational diabetes, for the second time, so feel free to message me if you need tips. I was diagnosed early both times -- at 10 weeks, so I feel like I'm pretty experienced lol. 
  • Thanks to all of you!! And I'm sorry it's happened to you @tfrangul with check fraud! That sounds horrible if they have access to your bank account or anything. Ugh! 
    @DPandMB it is scary. We're just hoping we don't recognize him when we see the video, how scary would that be!?
    @JNR6510 I found out that it's a felony! I hope the police take it seriously.
    @ColoradoHiker thanks, me too. If Target hadn't sent us that letter, we probably wouldn't have known for a good while. 
    @lap018 sorry that happened to you! I guess it is pretty common. I just feel like this guy had access to something personal and local with him being here, and having our address and all. Stupid a-hole. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker