December 2017 Moms
Options

MoM's (mom's of multiples) - Weekly Check In 5/30

A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples's and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc!

How far along are you (how many babies)? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

How are you feeling so far? Anything weird going on you are questioning? 

Have you told your family and friends yet you are expecting twins/triplets (or just one)? How did it go? 

What questions/advice do you have?  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's (mom's of multiples) - Weekly Check In 5/30

• Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    How far along are you (how many babies)? 11w4d/singleton

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? We had our first OB appt on Friday. Definitely just one in there. He wants me to start taking progesterone shots, because I delivered so pre-term with the twins (31 weeks) that he's not sure if there was something causing the pre-term labor or if it was just twins.  I honestly feel like it was just twins, but I don't know.

How are you feeling so far? Anything weird going on you are questioning? I actually feel great besides being tired.  I'm having some weird vivid dreams though still.  I know that's normal, but I don't remember them being quite so real the last time! 

Have you told your family and friends yet you are expecting twins/triplets (or just one)? How did it go? We just told our parent's and a couple siblings this weekend. When we told them we were expecting twins, both parents asked when we were getting married (still not married nor engaged), this time went much better. They were shocked, excited, and happy and no one asked when we were getting married. Just when we were building our house. Which is a valid question, because we live in a 700 sq ft apartment and it's tight! 

What questions/advice do you have?  None at the moment. Happy to answer any questions though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you (how many babies)?  10+1 (singelton)

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? nothing till next week

How are you feeling so far? Anything weird going on you are questioning?  a bit rough but hanging in there.all the usual 1st trimester nausea, food aversions, fatigue. just a few more weeks....

Have you told your family and friends yet you are expecting twins/triplets (or just one)? How did it go? we are pretty much out of the closet at this point. everyone has been excited, some know that we struggled with IF again and are even more excited for us. 

What questions/advice do you have?  nothing now, but happy to answer any questions!

@tmk0325 we were in an 800sqft apt when the twins were born till they were 6 months... yah that was tight! GL with the house building!  I'm glad everyone was happy with the news and not asking about marriage. you do what works for you!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @wabash15 It's sooo tight. The boys cribs are in the living room and they still take baths in their baby bath above the sink, because we don't have a bathtub. Just a shower.  It's definitely been interesting!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    10+3, di/di twins

Next appointment is June 19 and it feels soooo far away!!!

I've felt fine. The only consistent symptoms are hunger and that my boobs are sore sometimes, but even that's not too bad. I've had some sort of aching in my uterus some days lately, but it's not like cramping or sore abs, it's just sort of a dull pain. Has anyone had that / know if it's normal? I think it's sometimes just happening when I have to pee. I haven't had any spotting so, I'm hoping it's just some form or round ligament/growing uterus pain.

Have you told your family and friends yet you are expecting twins/triplets (or just one)? How did it go? 
    We've told all our immediate family and most of our friends. Everyone is overjoyed.

See question in the how are you feeling section. 
  • Options
    @leilagphillips yah its totally normal to have some dull aching or cramping even pinching. its your uterus stretching and growing.  it may also be some discomfort as things grow and shift around (so you notice it more when your bladder is full and competing for space with the uterus.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 Thanks! That makes me feel better!
  • Options
    13+3, di/di twins

Last week MFM for NT scan, went great! Another appt with my OB and ultrasound this Friday. I love being able to see them so often!

Great for the past few days. I gave up the morning sickness and fatigue for headaches, but since I've been taking Zyrtec daily like my MFM suggested, they've gone away! 

Yepp, the whole world knows and I can barely hide the bump. Only had one coworker say "that sucks" (he's close to retirement and grumpy), everyone else is just as thrilled as we are! 

Does stretch mark creams really work, or is it mostly genetics? I didn't get stretch marks with my first two, but with twins should I be slathering on the Palmer's coco butter?
  • Options
    @tmk0325 Im so happy it went well with your parents!  I know you were a little worried about that. And @wabash15 is right - you do you
    @wabash15 I'm sorry you're still feeling shitty. I'm in the same boat. Ugh, this is brutal. 

9+3, mo/di twins

As you guys know, we had the big US last week to determine what kind of twins they were. Now that that drama is over (woohoo!), I'm back to and Appt every 2 weeks. Next one is June 8th.  That'll be here in like, 2 seconds lol

Nausea has gotten slightly better, but not by much. Sooooore boobs and they have grown a lot already. I'm terrified. These puppies were already 34F's. But they look great right now, so, whatever. 
    @leilagphillips I've also got a dull aching, but it's on my left side, like where my ovaries are. Kind of a pinching. I know it's normal for the uterus, but is it normal for the ovaries?  

Omg, my husband cannot keep his mouth shut about ANYTHING, let alone this, so everyone knows. I don't mind. Everyone is super excited and actually jealous haha. We got to wait for a long time and travel, etc and now we're just catching up to all of them. Everyone's really happy though :)

Just the one above I'm the how I'm feeling section. 
  • Options
    @wabash15 I hope you feel better soon! 

@leilagphillips I get the dull achy feeling closer to my hip bones rather than in the middle. It sometimes feels like a pull or stretch too. I haven't noticed a difference when I have to pee though. 

@KathrynJ088 I'm happy to hear that your NT scan went well. 

@breezybee I'm right there with you on the boobs! I'm a 38H and Im afraid I won't be able to find bras that fit. It's hard enough already. 

11+3 with di/di twins 

Coming up on Friday to hear the heartbeats. 

The nausea has been better for the past few days! I even had more energy too. I really just want a mani/pedi. My nails are actually all long so I actually want to do something with them and my feet just need that beginning of summer refresher LOL. 

Our immediate families and some close friends know. They were all excited. My family and friends know about my struggles with infertility due to endometriosis so they knew we were going through IVF. 

None today. 
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 its really genetics... I was religious with the lotion and coco-butter twice a day on my belly/boobs and did great till about 35weeks and then it was stretch mark city.  I was pretty upset at first but they do fade and really my body did an amazing thing so it is what it is.  I will say the thing I struggled with most post partem after making it to term was "twin tummy" I just go so big that though not all of my skin shrank back. In the end the its not bad but it wasn't something I had thought about. I do recommend one of those tummy support belts especially if you have a c-section it helps support your abs while you heal and helps things tighten back up. Sorry if that was way to much TMI. just remember you'll be beautiful no matter what and your body is amazing for growing 2 humans at once!
    @breezybee I started out as a 32DD and ended up as a 36 F-G... they were huge (not that DH minded!) Its worth it to get new bras when you out grow your current ones. Also bravado makes the most comfortable and supportive nursing bras and tanks... they are great prior to and after labor.  andplusalso those motherhood maternity shelf nursing tanks will NOT cut it if you are remotely busty.
    @clovelyone glad your starting to feel better
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @leilagphillips and @breezybee Yes that pain is normal. I remember having it very early with the twins. As @wabash15 said everything is shifting and making room! I'm not entirely sure if I could tell the difference with ovaries though. 
    @KathrynJ088 Thanks for the reminder, i was going to buy some coco butter last week and forgot. I did get like 3 stretch marks with the boys and I actually thought it was just bruising from the csection until they never went away. I didn't get any until right towards the end. My mom never really had any so I had good genetics too. I also religiously slathered on the lotion! :) So not sure if it helped or not!
    @clovelyone I had a pedi last week.It was great! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you (how many babies)? 11.3 di-di twins

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last appt with RE was last Thursday. He says everything looks textbook. My next OB appt will be Monday the 8th. Doing the blood test and NT scan.

How are you feeling so far? Anything weird going on you are questioning? Fatigue mostly, the dry heaves are less. Monday and yesterday were pretty uncomfortable with what I think were some serious gas plus growing pains . Dull pain on my mostly left side for about 36 hours or so straight, seems like quite a few of us all felt something like this around this time. Feeling much better as yesterday went on and feeling okay this morning, just tired. I'd like to not pee four times a night. Does that ever get better?

Have you told your family and friends yet you are expecting twins/triplets (or just one)? How did it go? We struggled with IF so my family is thrilled. We've told some close friends but haven't announced anything over social media to our wider acquaintances.

What questions/advice do you have?  See above.

@wabash15 thanks for the bra advice, @breezybee I too fear the growing boobs. I'm already in a g cup size and I like elomi bras. I'll look into some of their bras/tanks as that time comes closer.

@clovelyone I've got some hip pain and the skin right along my hips on both sides is on the numb side. I can tell something is definitely happening with the hips, as these will be my first I imagine the spreading has started?

• Options
    @stella_700 the peeing at night will get better for a little while then it will get bad again. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @stella_700 Oh man the hip pains were the worst!  A belly binder helped when I got bigger and regular visits to the chiropractor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KLake42 feel free to join in!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 that's awesome! Were they easily able to distinguish between the two heartbeats?
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 Your new US pic is rad!  I love baby's long arm giving the thumbs up :)
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 that's great! I loved hearing the heartbeats. and the ultrasound picture is amazing!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    We heard the heartbeats from the ultrasound, so easy to find each of them.  Baby A was 158 and Baby B was 161. They aren't doing any other measurements at my OB office, just checking the heartbeats.

Next appointments are June 20th-MFM for head to toe measurements, and June 21-OB for glucose test.

We'll have our gender reveals that weekend on the 24th. Only 3 weeks, I can't wait!!
  • Options
    I also got a prescription headache med, something with a F.. anywho, hope it helps my 1-2 times a week migraine!
  • Options
    Welcome @KLake42!  I'm expecting mo/di twins also, so we can compare notes over the coming months :)
  • Options
    @KLake42 glad you found you way over here. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    lula922lula922 member
    edited June 2017
    Hey I'm Laura 32 and expecting di/di twins in early December. I'm about to be 12 weeks but we learned very early we were having two! 
    We told our parents on Mother's Day and my fathers birthday. Everyone was very excited which is great bc we live together but aren't married. 
    Only problems are the recent crazy mood swings,mommy brain,  the extremely bad constipation and the unsolicited advice from coworkers. "
    Don't  tell me I can't have my tiny baby can of coke I haven't had one sip of coffee in three months and this is making me not throw up on you" 
    and also getting the twins hmmm how? Thing more and more 
    Mine are spontaneous twins and we didn't do fertility treatments but seriously?? Mind your  business. 
  • Options
    @lula922 the advice only gets worse, especially when you actually have them. Going out in public is especially interesting. Some days I feel like I could write a book. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lula922 I was at a bridal shower yesterday and a few of us there were pregnant (even the bride). When the topic came up that I was having twins, I got two immediate "oh-no!" reactions  :o 
    Glad those ladies weren't anyone I knew!
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 that is so rude! A boss said to me "when it rains it pours" when I told him I was having twins! Wth
  • Options
    there is a bit of an older thread, though there is not a ton of activity on the multiples board, but its a thread on shit people say to moms of multiples... it is amazing and so true... people say the most amazing shit.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx