September 2017 Moms

The Down and Dirty on.... Breastfeeding!

13»

Re: The Down and Dirty on.... Breastfeeding!

• @MyNameWasTaken I used those too and loved them. So easy and so soft. feels like wearing a cami.

@margareth I loved the gilligan o malley stuff personally but I found their nursing tanks ran a bit big. I have a really small frame and have a hard time find XS in the united states regardless. I still love them for around the house and sleeping in.

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @margareth heck yeah. Breastfeeding looks and works differently for every baby and mother. Setting short goals are a great way to meet them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • For FTMs out there, this was something that I wish that I had known the first time. My DS was born at 1 am on Saturday and we were discharged Sunday evening, I'm not sure if this is all hospitals, but at ours, there was no lactation consultant available on the weekends. I didn't know how much I would have wanted to meet with one at the time, or else we would have stayed till Monday, but when I got home I had a lot of issues, that I feel like a lactation consultant could have cleared up. So if it's possible try to stay at the hospital till you're able to meet with a consultant, if insurance or the hospital allows it.
  • Thanks for all this great advice! 
  • @kaylaakosua I also love target's Gillian o malley stuff! I recently had to go up a bra size and I got two nursing bras with underwire. I really love them. I'm also planning on getting a few of their Henley nursing tanks! I love nursing tanks. Usually during cluster feeds or times of low supply I'll just hang out in a nursing tank all day. They're amazing. I have trouble finding mediums in stock both in store and online because it's the most popular size so they're always gone, it's frustrating. I could probably get away with a small if I didn't have these giant boobs and this gut tho lol. Not the baby belly, all the fat I've got protecting the baby belly lol
  • @wyomama0427 My sizes are just never in stock so I know the struggle. It's next to impossible to get a bra in 32DD. I am so use to shrinking the shit out of everything. I lived in nursing tanks I would often put them under any shirt for easy public breastfeeding. worth every penny. Oh girlll that belly is magical ;) 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker