September 2017 Moms

UO Thurs 6/1

Am I on the right board this time? *facepalm* I blame the bump app, that always has "September 2017" at the top even if I mistakenly click on, oh... say the December BMB. 

Anyway. 

Re: UO Thurs 6/1

• I'm all for privacy laws and such, to an extent. I guess I don't agree with the hoops I need to jump through to handle all of this medical/ legal mess with my husband. I literally have no rights at all! Ugh so frustrating!
  • Loading the player...
  • UO: I don't like wonder woman

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited June 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 which thread has drama? Must read all the drama.  
    To Be Team Green was making me roll my eyes.

ETA: I guess drama wasn't the right word. It never got heated. But I was having my own internal thoughts about some things expressed and did a lot of eye-rolling :) 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 which thread has drama? Must read all the drama.  
    To Be Team Green was making me roll my eyes.
    What?? Going to read that now lol no I went to make a UO thread and I hit the month clubs, scrolled to Sept but apparently my app didn't stop scrolling and somehow I ended up in December. The top said sept 2017 like always so I didn't even know until I had posted it already
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited June 2017
    @wyomama0427 It's not like a real drama thread :( not much excitement. I'm sorry to get hopes up. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • This is why I didn't catch it right away 

Whoa!!!! That's crazy. No wonder!!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • My UO is I have no interest in nor desire to utilize a lactation consultant. Perhaps I will change my opinion post partum, but right now I honestly can't see the use in it for me personally. I have been there to whelp dozens of animals and have had to work with them to get a good latch and to get them to nurse. I don't feel like working with a tiny human to get a good latch and to nurse will be all that much different.
  • UO: peanut butter is overrated 
  • Team unsalted butter here too!
  • I like to eat a lot of things luke warm or cold that you wouldn't typically eat that way. Like soup and pretty much any dinner we eat. When things aren't hot, you can taste them more. That or I'm weird.
  • Fizzy soda from the fountain or a can? Sure. Fizzy soda from a bottle? No thank you. I'd rather it was flat. I also prefer canned soda when it's not refrigerated. Not *warm* but like room temp.
  • CSL522CSL522 member
    @wineren totally agree, not a fan of Coke in a bottle but fountain or can are the best. However, I want all my drinks super cold, ice all of the time. I even want ice in my milk.
  • @jessieR358 I like the idea of it, but not the reality.  Especially is you have kids and pets (especially dogs, since they need space). 
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think Tiny Houses are the dumbest thing ever. it's like watching a train wreck on HGTV. 
    Agreed, I'd go out of my mind trying to live in 600 sq ft.
  • hmclaren said:
    I think Tiny Houses are the dumbest thing ever. it's like watching a train wreck on HGTV. 
    I absolutely hate the idea. My DH wants one more than anything. But he also knows it will never happen. :-/
  • Our first apartment together was a tiny 250 sq. ft. studio. We were both going to school full time, and I was the only one working full time at the time. DH did masonry / construction work, but the work was sparse and heavily dependent upon the weather. I honestly didn't mind it. While it certainly sucked not having more space to entertain company, we made that place work for almost 2 years until after I graduated. Our next apartment was a tiny house too. We moved into a 500 sq. ft. studio when we moved half way across the country to Austin. It was DH, me, and our dog then. Austin has tons of awesome dog parks and trails for us to make sure the dog got plenty of exercise. Plus Austin is a huge dog friendly city, so most of the time he just got to go everywhere with us.

Now that we have just purchased our first home, I feel like we have way more space than we need / use. We basically only use the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom. The other half of the house is pretty much untouched. Maybe I am the odd one out, but I really do like living in tiny houses. It's worked well for us in the past.
  • @souptin That sounds exactly like Toronto. I bet it was insanely priced too 
    @JNR6510 Moving to Austin soon with my dog and really looking forward to all the dog friendly-ness. Especially with the swimming. Any beach or swimming spot suggestions? 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• SouptinSouptin member
    edited June 2017
    @kaylaakosua it was at Queen West and spadina above a bar. The location* was totally killer. Kensignton market and queen west at the door step! It was totally illegal violating several fire and safety codes but being where it was they could charge whatever they wanted and no one would report them. We rented it 6 years ago and then it was $850 a month. Now it's likely well over 1k. 
  • hmclaren said:
    I think Tiny Houses are the dumbest thing ever. it's like watching a train wreck on HGTV. 
    I could do 600 sq ft if it was just my DH and one small dog. My parents had a condo they rented out and it was like 700sq feet in a downtown location. I can't do 200-300 sq ft with kids and dogs like these people do on HGTV. No way! i don't think it's fair to the pets and I think it's dangerous for small kids to have lofted beds with these steep ladders. Not to mention I would probably kill my DH if we lived that close all
    day long lol. How would you have your child nap? All these questions.
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited June 2017
    My H and I, plus two cats, lived in a 600sqft condo before we got married and I loved it. So easy to clean and it was a good layout. I couldn't imagine raising children like that for long. Having been born and raised in the bay area, I'm used to smaller places. My widwestern husband would prefer a 2000+ multilevel home.
  • @kaylaakosua My favorite jogging trail was located over by the Austin Pets Alive shelter off the river. It had perfect swimming holes along the trail. Our dog loved to go for a swim when it was hot out. I really miss the food scene there. It was pretty fantastic!