August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/26

2»

Re: FFFC 5/26

• Options
    lewliv said:
    I don't plan on doing a first birthday party. I can't imagine the kid know what's going on. 
    Totally lurking, but just to play devil's advocate... my DD might not have known it was her birthday, but she definitely knew something was going on. She had a blast at her party eating cake, playing with balloons, and opening presents. So you might have a LO who does enjoy a first birthday party. Trust me, I felt the same as you and figured the party was more for my benefit, but it definitely ended up being awesome for her. 
  • Options
    We dont do full blowouts for birthday parties anymore, but we always do cake & a couple gifts. The first birthday "smash cake" is definitely a tradition for us. Makes for the cutest pictures/memories. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AdvoCyndi30 We're not schedule people at all either.  My kids have always been go with the flow, but they also hated their cribs and would sleep on the go.  I personally could never plan my life around a nap schedule, but I get how that works for others.  I fed on demand and watched their sleep cues.  

My kids have always had a late bedtime, but if I tried to get them to sleep earlier, they'd fight me on it or just toss and turn for a long time.  With the exception of DS2 as an infant, neither of my kids slept 12 hours at night.  They've always been pretty adaptable and the later bedtime works better for all of us with our work and activity schedules.  Maybe #3 will throw us for a loop though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all of those that can let their kids stay up.   Mine are a hot mess when they are up past 8.  I have to be super strict with their bedtime or i pay for it :/