September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check in May 30

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite kind of ice cream? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in May 30

• Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks today! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I feel like a completely different person lately... I'm hot all the time and have heartburn constantly, neither of which are even a little normal for me. Baby girl is dancing away in there, though, so that's nice. :) 

Not a whole lot, I've got to start cleaning out the spare room that will be the nursery! 

Any Questions? 

The chocolate ice cream my dad makes. :yum:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09yum! I've never made my own ice cream.  Probably for the best, I'd eat it all the time  :lol:

How far along are you? 
    24 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? heartburn picking up, gas pains & trouble sleeping

just ordered a new washing machine.  It should be delivered on Tuesday.  I'm stoked.

Any Questions? 
    my mom's friend wants to throw a baby shower for me.  But they live ~7 hours away, and I don't have any friends that live down there.  So it's my sister and then my mom's friends.  I feel like that's weird.  Is it weird?

I really like Rocky road.  Ice cream with interesting bits mixed into it is the bestest.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Cats*in*space Although it feels weird for you, my mom did the exact same thing. It felt weird for me too, but she and her friends loved it. I feel like it's more normal for moms than it feels for daughters.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24w2d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Last appointment was good, my glucose screening and TDAP shot are coming up soon. I thought it was neat that they gave me the drink to take home and keep in my refrigerator to take the morning of my test, that way I don't have to wait in the office for an hour.

Not really other aspect, but we just spent a ton of money on nursery furniture and now I feel like I have an ulcer, ugh, I hate spending big sums of money like that, it makes me feel physically ill.

Any Questions? 

Cookies and cream!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks, yay viability!!

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? kicks, not being able to bend or see as far, and he's definitely started that growth spurt I got email about because DH took one look at my naked belly the other day and was like, "whoa, it's bigger than yesterday. How did that happen!?" Lol

one more day of teaching, then 6 activity days and I'm done for the summer!!! I'm so pumped.

Any Questions? 
    nope

chocolate moose tracks probably... although I made "ice cream" bars last week out of whipping cream, vanilla sugar, icing sugar, and cream cheese and they're so good. One batch I put crushed Oreos and the other batch I mixed in smooth peanut butter. Idk which I prefer :D

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    How far along are you? 26 +1

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Upper back pain, hip pain, tail bone pain, gas, heartburn, I can't see down there anymore so that's annoying.. and I can't bend over to do anything. I feel like a turtle on my back! And my feet hurt. Can I have a massage? Acne. 

We painted a wall in the nursery (accent wall) and furniture will be delivered next week! This week more of my cloth diapers accented getting delivered. Eeek!

It just feels great to be past viability and so scary to think baby will be here in probably 11 weeks (induced early).

I  struggling with money this month. Ugh. How did this happen? DH and I forcibly live paycheck to paycheck and save everything else.. and I way over spent thanks to cloth diapers and graduations and getting my nails done and pouting in my closet because I had nothing to wear so I went to Old Navy to buy dresses. Lol

Any Questions? 
    I'm a loser and I start threads when I have questions :)

Anything with Reeses or peanut butter in it! Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party :)

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23+5

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Lots of kicking/movement now after having to wait until, like, 21+5 to feel much of anything. Baby boy kept me up two nights this week with a 3am dance party. I have some back, leg, hip pain at the end of each day. I think I just need a REALLY good night's sleep. And to drink more water. 

10 more teaching days counting today... and we bought a new car this weekend, which stinks in terms of having a new expense but is awesome to drive. Old car had 147k miles on it, of which we had driven 116k. It served us well. New car had 17 when we picked it up, and we plan to have it for years to come!

Any Questions? 
    Speaking of cars... is there an ideal side of the car to put the carseat in? I could imagine advantages and disadvantages to any of the three options.

Like @Cats*in*space I am partial to ice cream with interesting bits mixed in, rocky road being an excellent example. But I prefer to start with chocolate :smile:
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 In my car, it's in the middle of the back seat, I figured that would be safest for side collisions. In my husband's car it's behind the passenger seat, so it's easily seen from the driver's seat.
  • Options
    I'm a little late I know, but I've been busy nesting :-)

How far along are you?
    26 weeks day 6

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?
    baby is moving a lot. And I don't think about my aches and pains when I stay busy.

school is finally done for the summer. Hallelujah! Now I am just deep cleaning this house which needed it very much. My husband is getting a bit frightened because I keep selling things :-) today it was the dining room, laundry room and half the kitchen. A good friend's wedding tomorrow, my grandmother's sale and church camping this weekend.

Any Questions? 

pretty much anything :-) except that which has hard objects in like nuts. Ice cream I believe is supposed to be soft and it's rather discouraging to have hard pieces in my ice cream.
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 In my car, it's in the middle of the back seat, I figured that would be safest for side collisions. In my husband's car it's behind the passenger seat, so it's easily seen from the driver's seat.
    I haven't done reseach, just thinking out loud... why is behind the driver seat not safer? I'm thinking about chances of getting t-boned and don't more impacts happen on the passenger side? Idk.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Saw this on fb today! Florida will now be issuing certificates for miscarriages between 9 and 20 weeks, if the couple requests.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/258233843-story

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 We were told by the police officer who installed our carseats that they advise against behind the driver because it decreases visibility. Although forgetting about my child in the car seems absolutely unfathomable to me, it's also one of my worst fears as a parent, so that was why didn't put it behind the driver side.
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 @Sugargirl1019 I have also been asking people at work with kids and some have said middle, while others have said passenger. One other argument for the middle is that there would be less sun exposure.
  • Options
    Sorry I am a bit late this week. Life has been busy. 
    How far along are you? 23w5d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? lots of heartburn and I am starting to get a little leg swelling at night.  I agree with other posters that bending down is getting impossible. 

lots of work. Seems like it only gets busier. Dh is painting the girls' room/ nursery tomorrow. So I am excited about that. :)

Any Questions? 
    none right now

I am a huge fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I eat it a couple of times a week right now. 
  • Options

TW

A friend of a friend's story popped up on my newsfeed today because my friend reacted to it. All I can gather from the picture and caption is that she gave birth to a baby that was stillborn, and what shakes me the most is the baby looks perfectly healthy and full term. My heart breaks for this mom, but I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack now. I was so happy to reach 24 weeks last week. The fear is still in the back of my head that something could still happen, but being past 24 weeks makes me feel a little better. Seeing this picture today though renews all of my anxiety again. I just want September to get here already and for everything to work out.

• Options
    @heatherlynn321 I'm so sorry you are feeling anxious. I hate accidentally reading/seeing things like that. It definitely stirs worry and anxiety up, no matter how good you were feeling about things before. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 I'm so sorry :(:( I worry about that too and it's not cool at all! I hate worrying.. Hugs to you. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321  I have a sorority sister this happened to.  I don't know the full story (if they determined a specific cause) but chances it'll happen seem to be pretty rare.  They posted a whole photo shoot with the baby.  It was very touching and so very sad.  :'(
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    Thanks guys, I know It's unlikely, but still nervewracking.
  • Options
    So I just found out I can't afford to take the 12 weeks of maternity leave like I was planning. With my DS, I was only able to take 6 weeks and it devastated me leaving him so soon. I thought that I'd get more STD than I'm going to get, and I have almost no sick time saved up due to the miscarriages and RE testing this year. I didn't realize that STD disability only goes for 4 weeks instead if 12 and now I'm just really sad that I'll have to go back 6 weeks earlier than I thought.
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 what?? I thought STD was a standard 6 weeks!! I'm sorry, that really really sucks :(:(:(

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    It doesn't kick in till after 2 weeks, so I'll only get 4 weeks of STD pay. It was a very disappointing meeting yesterday.