September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 5/29

How far along are you and how are you feeling this week? 

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms 5/29

• 24+4

SOOOO hungry. All the time. 

Other than that I'm pretty good. I get a sore back if I'm standing for too long but if I'm sitting or I'm active it's fine.

I meant to post this last week but forgot. Anyone getting nose bleeds? I've had 3 or 4 in the last few weeks. Nothing major but out of nowhere.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto on hungers, and even more on thirst. I wake up feeling swollen everywhere, drink a shit ton of cold water of the next few hours, and TADA all better! So that's nice. Also, I just started getting major low blood pressure moments, like dizzy spells when I stand up. Going to mention that to the doctor next time I'm in, because I feel a little unsafe, like I could fall. Also, the pregnancy sex drive is really kicking in. The person I'm seeing is being really cavalier about the whole thing, even though it's obviously a little weird to have sex with someone who is now visibly carrying a baby that in fact belongs to neither of you!
    (I'm carrying a child for my sister, who has a heart defect that prevents her from doing so, just for context ;) )
  • @lexibelly I'm glad for the context...that last bit made no sense for a second. I should add "brain not working" to my list of symptoms.

What a great thing to do for your sister! 
  • Basically 26 weeks
    Somehow this pregnancy has become very mild in comparison to the others. The only real complaint I have is the acid reflux/heartburn from hell shit. I'm trying to be more active and have been getting alot done around the house. I hope this continues because honestly this has been my easiest pregnancy. 
  • winerenwineren member
    24+5
    I decided to take a shower this afternoon after running errands all morning and when I got out...holy swollen ankles! And feet! I knew this was going to be a thing but hadn't noticed it before. It probably doesn't help that I drank extra coffee today cause I'm so tired and not nearly as much water as I usually do. Which I am working on remedying. 
  • 26 weeks on Wednesday 
    - I'm finally seeing my appetite decrease! I was the one who had to eat like giant portions 6 times a day and gained a ton of weight. It's nice to feel full after a bit and be like "wow! I used to eat more than this!"
    - HIP PAIN/TAILBONE PAIN  :'(
    - Colostrum leaking 
    - Heartburn, constipation, bloat
    - Lots of kicks!
    - I had swelling last week but haven't seen any again.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @MyNamesTaken yes, the nose bleeds recently began for me. Everything is dry and swollen. They haven't been too bad, but sometimes I've had to put petroleum jelly in there to make it stop hurting.

Drinking tons of water.

Discharge. 

Fingers and feet starting to occasionally swell.

Rib pain.

Sciatic pain, mostly from baby's temporary position. 

Migraines. 
  • I got nosebleeds somewhat frequently with DD, but not this pregnancy. It's totally normal (although really annoying). 

I am 24+1 and feeling mostly good, just kind of achy. My crotch still hurts (started last week or the week before), which I really wish would go away.
  • @lilpoots @sarahufl Glad I'm not the only one! I didn't have them with DS so it seemed weird. Will mention to the Dr next appointment but I'm not too worried.
  • 25+4
    So last week I was complaining to my husband that I had a mild sore throat but only on the left side.  Fast forward to this weekend and I felt horrible. Exhausted left ear and sinus pressure plus the sore throat and swollen lymph nodes.  I went in to urgent care to make sure it wasn't strep.  It wasn't so here I am today and I feel like my throat is swollen :( Going to my PCP tonight.  I am hoping its just a virus of some kind but man this sucks.

Other than that rant I am always hungry.  I never seem to feel full.

I will get random lightning crotch and back pain but it usually comes when babe is sitting really low.

• 23+6  Feeling pretty normal.  But I've noticed that if I eat a smidge too much, my belly button hurts.  Which is odd.  
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Ditto on the sooooo hungry.

This symphasis pubis dysfunction business is kicking my ass. It hurts all.the.time. Moving my legs the wrong way or getting out of bed or getting dressed is almost unbearable. It's waking me up every time I have to roll over too because it hurts so bad.
    I want to cry. 

Also just super tired this week. I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere.

basically I'm in the how-can-I-possibly-go-on-for-15-more-weeks phase. 
  • jlf1019jlf1019 member
    26 weeks. Also crazy hungry. And only craving things like full pans of brownies and hawaiian ices. Which does not work well with my gestational diabetes. 

Lots of lower back pain and today, tailbone pain. I had pretty bad tailbone pain with my daughter, so I expected that one. But I think I'm going to have to look into a maternity support belt to try to help with the general back pain. 
  • 26+1

A bunch of what several of you are saying is resonating with me. I've noticed fatigue these past few days, which makes me think the second trimester bliss is on its way out. :( 

so I'm also thinking, how can I go on for (insert number of weeks - 14?) more weeks, but hopefully it's just catching me at a vulnerable time... ;-P

Im having more trouble catching my breath... especially going up stairs. But in general I feel like I have to be more focused on breathing more deeply. Anyone feeling the sense of breathlessness, even when inactive? 

Got a back band/brace and I wear it on occasion. Loving my body pillow!! 

Still drinking lots of water. 

Peeing very often, and feeling more frantic when I have to go... welcome to my life right now. :-P

Feeling a bit moodier than I felt from mid-March to mid-May... again, missing the second trimester already...

Enjoying the kicks, though! 

Stay strong ladies -- and if you're having good symptoms or a lack of bad ones, enjoy! 
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    25+1 today

- Starving all the time
    - Nosebleeds
    - Exhaustion
    - Nausea has made a comeback. Anytime I eat LO goes crazy which in turn makes me need to barf.
    - Swollen feet, legs, and hands
    - Insomnia
  • @margareth, yes on breathlessness. I only had to climb one short flight of stairs to get to my OBs office this morning and I couldn't catch my breath to check in with the receptionist. I know feeling short of breath is normal at this stage, but I've had asthma related breathing issues in the past so it always makes me a bit panicked when I can't find my breath. 
  • 26+6 today.
    I woke up with a runny nose, so lots of sneezing and blowing my nose today.
    Lower back pain comes and goes. 
    Feeling more tired and moody.
    My feet start to hurt pretty quickly if I'm standing/walking.
    Insomnia.

Nothing I can't handle... and loving the movement :)
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • edited May 2017
    24w2d Oh man, I think I had food poisoning last night, it hit me around midnight, I threw up everything in my body. I kept having terrible cramps, but I only ended up throwing up. I was convinced I was going into labor, but after an hour the cramping eventually went away and I was able get some sleep. Now I just feel shaky and dehydrated today. I'm so glad summer break has started at least, so I don't have to take the day off.
  • Put me down for the "how am I gonna make it another 15 weeks" club! Besides for all the usual suspects- heartburn, leg cramps, hip pain oh my.... my belly is sooooooooo flipping tight. Disclaimer- I gained 90 lbs (I know, I know) with my son in 2008 and had a tummy tuck A few years after when I was convinced due to my fertility issues I'd never be able to be pregnant again. (Surprise!) so, it's my own "fault" I suppose for this particular symptom.... but, regardless it sucks massively and to think about another 3.5 months of stretching makes me want to cry. 

• +1 on not being able to catch my breath, even while hardly doing anything at all
  • @CoastalMomma and @hmclaren Yes, doesn't the breathlessness make you feel panicky?  I've never felt this before... I'm just sitting here at my computer and it's harder to breathe.  But I read that it's normal, to a certain degree.  Man!
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited May 2017
    @heatherlynn321 oh no! I'm glad you're feeling better now though! I had something similar over the weekend and lived in the bathroom in the middle of the night and googled all the preterm labor symptoms : "I have diarrhea!  My body must be cleaning itself out for labor!" ... I'm fine. :) 

@OmSweetOm I can't imagine the complicated feelings you have about your belly growing when you put so much time/money/pain into making it tighter. :( The emotional side of dealing with the realities of pregnancy is a real mind f!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Lol, those were my thoughts exactly last night around 12:30.
  • @angeladowns1 Ugh. I'm so sorry that you're having this one, too. SPD is the worst! Of all the pregnancy symptoms I've had, this is the one that's most interfered with everyday life. It hasn't been constant (yet), but every time I overdo it, it's at least two days of a flare up, feeling like my pelvis is being torn apart with every step. Apparently, overdoing it now includes working at my desk for any period longer than two hours. Yesterday, I was making a ton of progress on copyedits, then stood up a few hours later and...blinding pain ever since. You're right, fifteen weeks sounds like forever to live with this.  :/ Sending pain-free wishes your way. 
  • I have a constant stuffy nose which is so annoying. I feel so much pressure in my crotch which is not surprising considering everything down there is totally swollen. This is kind of freaking me out, because I didn't experience anything like this in either of my other 2 pregnancies. I am also super cranky all the time.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Has anyone has any anal bleeding? I am having a ton, its stupid. Totally regular, no constipation. I use with hazel and prep h. It's just frustrating, i dont feel like its a totally normal symptom of pregnancy.

SPD has started for me too. I find if I don't fold laundry on the floor or sit cross legged it really helps. Simple things like changing the sheets will make it flare up also. From now until I give birth hubby is doing the sheet changes!
  • Is anyone experiencing belly tightening?  Sometimes my stomach feels like a tight bowling ball and that along with the breathlessness certainly isn't the most comfortable of sensations!   I'm 27w.
  • @margareth I have been having tightening of the belly on and off for a few weeks now. Mostly when it happens I am having BH. Other times it is just gas / constipation.
  • @JNR6510 I guess it is BH! They say there's no doubt if you have BH but it doesn't exactly feel like a contraction to me, but then again as a FTM how would I really know... alas! 
  • @margareth BH and an actual labor contractions will definitely feel different. BH should be more of a tightening sort of feeling. Labor contractions are not nearly as gentle.