September 2017 Moms

Father's Day

Are you planning on doing anything for your SO for Father's day?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: Father's Day

• winerenwineren member
    My stepson will be with his mom for Father's Day (he was with us for Mother's Day). This is the second year it's been like that.  We'll probably go out to eat and I'll get him a gift... I have a few things in mind. If he didn't already had an outside-the-womb child I think we'd probably do the same thing. Mother's day was definitely more focused on me this year then last year when we tried to make it more Parent's Day since it was the first year my stepson wouldn't be here in June.
  • Loading the player...
  • For mother's day DH made me an extra nice breakfast and got me a card. But we tend to downplay gift giving occasions. So I imagine we'll do something small. I will probably just ask him if there's something special he wants me to make, or if he wants to go somewhere special for dinner.
  • For Mother's Day my husband got me a couple of small gifts "from the baby" so I plan to do the same for him for Fathers Day. We always have a joint celebration of Fathers Day for my dad with my sister's birthday because they are always close together, so we will do that again this year and it will be the first year it's celebrating for my husband too. My family got me some Mother's Day gifts so not sure if they will get him something or not.
  • No plans. We'll be in Canada with his family at that time. We didn't do anything for Mother's Day this year either though.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• I will probably at least take him to dinner! Or to do whatever he wants. We did a canoe/kayak trip on Mother's Day but no gifts or anything like that. 
  • I was planning to get DH a card for fathers to be, but that was it. However, although I clearly told him I wanted a mother-to-be card for Mother's Day, he heard that I said the opposite.  :/ I'm not sure whether I'll follow through with a card for him or not since I'm still a little annoyed at him.
  • I got DH a little something for the baby that I know he'd like and I won't haha. (It's an army name tape pacifier clip with our last name) and I'm renewing his fishing license for him because I know he wants to go fishing but thinks we are too broke for the liscense. I've been saving 5$ every time I get groceries though and in one more week we will have the money. He's probably wondering why I never buy juice or popsicles haha they are normally the only "fun" things we get.
  • There is an amibo character that he is wanted but has a hard time justifying spending the money on getting the leveled up one off eBay. I think that's what we'll get him. 
  • My DH is amazing at making sure I feel important any chance he gets. We are still rebuiling everything due to him finally being treated and slowly getting back to work so I said no money needs to be spent. Of course he still did a little but really it was just. Nice weekend spending time as a family. He just asked that we do the same for Father's Day. Oh and we are golfing with my dad the day before. I should say he is golfing. I do partake in that sort of thing. I will be driving the cart. Lol
  • My husband recently mentioned a book called The New Dad's Playbook that is written by an NFL player. I'm planning to get that for him as one of his gifts.
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited May 2017
    We're going to a sporting event. That's his Father's Day present! I'm glad I got off the hook for that lol. I'll still get him a card and maybe something little.
  • We usually do something if we have my step kids. If not we haven't. 
  • I got him a gift certificate for a massage, and I'll probably take him out for brunch. 

• mrs_tacos said:
    I got him a gift certificate for a massage, and I'll probably take him out for brunch. 
    Overachiever! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • DH loves Ninja Turtles so I've been planning on getting him this from Skylar. I'll probably do a card and something else with it, just not sure what yet :-) 
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• winerenwineren member
    @LaceyC1020 That is an awesome shirt!! I've seen onesies like that too! He'll love it!
  • DH has been eyeing a canoe for him and the boys. I told him to go ahead and buy it and I would put some towards it as his Father's Day present. So he got his Father's Day present this past Saturday. Hopefully he remembers and doesn't expect something else on Father's Day, except a card. 
  • DH's birthday is shortly before Father's Day. I'll probably just do something for his birthday. I'm sure that we are expected to go to lunch with his step-dad's family. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • DS will make DH a card or something and we'll get him something small. I'm taking him to Cirque du Soleil the night before so I'm calling that part of his celebration. Lol. We don't go big for these things
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DH and I tend to not do much for hallmark holidays (so to speak).  And after the travesty of a Mother's Day I had, I'm leaning towards not doing anything, but it just depends on how petty I'm feeling about it at any given moment, lol.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Fitbit charge hr