November 2016 Moms

Poop talk

jsmaijsmai member
edited May 2017 in November 2016 Moms
Because everybody poops. :)

Re: Poop talk

• jsmaijsmai member
    We are starting solids tomorrow.  I'm afraid of the upcoming super stinky poops. I feel like they are already pretty gross. 

She does tend to have 5 poops a day.  I am hoping that will consolidate a little. 
  • jsmai said:
    We are starting solids tomorrow.  I'm afraid of the upcoming super stinky poops. I feel like they are already pretty gross. 

She does tend to have 5 poops a day.  I am hoping that will consolidate a little. 
    FIVE poops a day?!? We're lucky if we get one a week...
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • jsmaijsmai member
    FIVE poops a day?!? We're lucky if we get one a week...
    Yeh.... she's a super pooper.
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    My LO has special formula that makes her poop and farts really really stink (people are shocked smelling her farts) So I was pleasantly surprised the other day after carrots that she had mild odour baby poop! I'd say we stick to just carrots ;)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• :/ jsmai said:

S poops a lot too. I haven't noticed much of a difference since starting solids with the frequency or smell.
  • @jsmai My LO has been doing solids for about a month now and it's definitely changed the texture. It's more solid which is nice.. easier to clean! And it doesn't really have a bad smell. She poops about 3 times a day.. once while eating breakfast, while eating dinner, and some time in between. It's so funny.. she'll always eat half her meal then poop, then eat the rest. It's like she's making room for more! Haha
  • kvrunskvruns member
    fitlady21 said:
     It's so funny.. she'll always eat half her meal then poop, then eat the rest. It's like she's making room for more! Haha
    The LC I saw when he was a newborn said her son still does that and he's like 10!
  • It's been all over the place since S was born. At first she pooped great. Once a day. Then it was once every week for awhile and then switched to every other day/once a day. Lately, it's becoming less frequent and about every 3 days. I feed her breast milk and started baby food at 4 months. Which I think helped with more frequency. When I started to mix the rice cereal every night her poop is less frequent. 
  • kvruns said:
    fitlady21 said:
     It's so funny.. she'll always eat half her meal then poop, then eat the rest. It's like she's making room for more! Haha
    The LC I saw when he was a newborn said her son still does that and he's like 10!
    She better not still be doing that at 10 haha! It's cute now.. not so much past 2
  • @camcbeth Are you putting the rice cereal in her bedtime bottle?  S will not stop pooping. She pooped 6 times last night, which of course wakes her up. I've been giving her rice cereal twice a day (breakfast/lunch) hoping it will firm it up and cause her to go less but so far it hasn't been working. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Ladybug2821i hate the night poops, luckily our LO stopped that 2 months ago. first three months, she had blowouts everynight and it was so annoying to clean and change in the motn. 
    Now she usually poops three times a day. she does not eat solids everyday since she didnot turn 6months old yet but i realized the poop consistency has changed with the solids. it is kinda better because it stays in the diaper even though it is a lot. She had sweet potato and carrot mix on Sat, her poop was orange at night:))
  • ZoeFer said:
    @Ladybug2821i hate the night poops, luckily our LO stopped that 2 months ago. first three months, she had blowouts everynight and it was so annoying to clean and change in the motn. 
    Now she usually poops three times a day. she does not eat solids everyday since she didnot turn 6months old yet but i realized the poop consistency has changed with the solids. it is kinda better because it stays in the diaper even though it is a lot. She had sweet potato and carrot mix on Sat, her poop was orange at night:))

LO had stopped pooping at night at around 2 months.  Its only because she's been having this diarrhea spell that she has been pooping at night.  I just need it to stop.  We don't even know what is causing it at this point because the only solid we've been giving her for the past week is rice cereal in the attempt to stop it.  She was starting to drop one of her MOTN feeds but now the poop is waking her :(.
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    i am sorry about the diarrhea @Ladybug2821. can they run an allergy test from her poop if it is consistent?
  • ZoeFer said:
    i am sorry about the diarrhea @Ladybug2821. can they run an allergy test from her poop if it is consistent?

I'm not sure if they can do that.  Currently, its been going on over a week.  The pedi hasn't been very concerned because she's still normal otherwise (besides the horrible rash that this has caused).  We will just have to wait and see how it goes I guess.
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Hope she feels better soon!
  • camcbethcamcbeth member
    edited May 2017
    @Ladybug2821 I mix rice cereal with a little breastmilk and baby food in a bowl and spoon feed her. It makes it a little thicker and gives the cereal some flavor. It doesn't help with sleep, but I think it does clog her up a bit.
  • ZoeFer said:
    Could it be the rice? I have a gluten/grain intolerance that ends with some unpleasant results. Maybe try something other than a grain or dairy.
  • @Ladybug2821 I was going to say the same thing as @SandNStarsNJ. If that doesn't fix it.. maybe try some bananas along with the rice cereal. That seems to keep things more solid.
  • It started before the rice but maybe the rice is prolonging it. 
  • jsmaijsmai member
    So my 5x a day pooper hasn't gone at all in the last 24 hours. I know that that's still "normal" but I'm over thinking. We started avocados 2 days ago.  Less than a tablespoon each time.  Do you think that could be why? 
  • jsmai said:
    So my 5x a day pooper hasn't gone at all in the last 24 hours. I know that that's still "normal" but I'm over thinking. We started avocados 2 days ago.  Less than a tablespoon each time.  Do you think that could be why? 
    It's a new fat, so possibly, but 24 hours is TOTALLY normal. Our record is 10 days without poop. 
  • My LO has normal looking poops now. It's so weird!!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • When will the diarrhea stop???  It's been over 1.5 weeks and it's still waking her up at night. I just decided to stop all solids until it stops especially since the rice cereal didn't seem to help. Not sure what else to do. I'll be calling the pedi again I guess...this will be the 3rd time dealing with the pedi for it. 
  • I was reading that there is a bug that is causing diarrhea for up to 3 weeks. I hope your baby is doing better.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    So LO pooped in the MOTN for the first time ever! This is a win in my book since she barely pooped the first 3-4 months of her life.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• jsmaijsmai member
    Ever since S started solid foods twice a day she's been pooping much less frequently. We still BF just as much as we did before . It also is more like grown up poop. I'm actually really happy about that because that means fewer blowouts as things are a little more solid. However, boy, is it stinky.
  • jsmai said:
    Ever since S started solid foods twice a day she's been pooping much less frequently. We still BF just as much as we did before . It also is more like grown up poop. I'm actually really happy about that because that means fewer blowouts as things are a little more solid. However, boy, is it stinky.
    We seem to be opposite unfortunately. S poops all the time during the day and MOTN. Her poops aren't more adult like yet either. We give her plenty of solids so I'm not sure why hers hasn't changed. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    jsmai said:
    We seem to be opposite unfortunately. S poops all the time during the day and MOTN. Her poops aren't more adult like yet either. We give her plenty of solids so I'm not sure why hers hasn't changed. 
    My LOs poops are not adult like yet either. In fact she has been having more blow outs, but like I said earlier, she never pooped normal until the last couple months.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    L poops a lot as well. First she was eating better, her poops started to get more adult like. Then something happened and she started to poop all the time , day and night. it has been going on for 3 weeks now and it is bothering her and us. And she is not eating any more, but still poops like crazy. I am surprised that she has not lost weight.
  • ZoeFer said:
    L poops a lot as well. First she was eating better, her poops started to get more adult like. Then something happened and she started to poop all the time , day and night. it has been going on for 3 weeks now and it is bothering her and us. And she is not eating any more, but still poops like crazy. I am surprised that she has not lost weight.
    That sounds like an allergy from personal experience (but also not a doctor).
  • kvrunskvruns member
    m6agua said:
    So LO pooped in the MOTN for the first time ever! This is a win in my book since she barely pooped the first 3-4 months of her life.
    That sounds terrible to me LOL. B doesn't do it too often but when he would and I'd walk in the door and immediately get hit with the stench I hated it since I knew I'd have to change him and he'd get super pissy 
  • i was thinking S poops less with solid foods, but actually I think it's more. It is now once a day. Although last week she was so constipated. She would try to push and nothing for two days. Then a dry poop came out and the flood gates opened. She pooed so many times for about 30 hours. So many diapers. Now she's back to normal about once a day.
  • jsmaijsmai member
    I suppose there was no place for hers to go but to decrease in frequency since she used to poop 5 times a day and now she only poops once or twice.
  • We used disposables today since we got some at our shower and want to use them before they get too small, and it's a bit easier while traveling (we're back at my sister's again for her baby shower tomorrow). He pooped a ton tonight, and it was a poop explosion. We only ever really have blowouts in disposables. It ended in a bath.  :D 
  • My LO poops more a day with solids, but she has trouble to poop as they are turning into playdough :(
    I got recommended to put a bit of olive oil in her dinner tonight, so I'll try that.
    Its easier to clean though, but man does she has to work for it. I feel sorry for her.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• S pooped THREE times last night, wtf??  Then she pooped right after I put her in her crib for her first nap. When will the pooping stop??
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Are they big poops or more like small sharts?
  • kvruns said:
    Are they big poops or more like small sharts?
    They are real poops. The ones last night were more solid which she doesn't normally have. But today they've been more like a purée consistency. She woke up from her nap with poop in her diaper. That is 5 poops since 11:30 last night. This girl must have a super fast metabolism.