September 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In May 24

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  Are you having a baby shower? Any kind of theme?  

NBR GTKY: Do you have any phobias or big fears? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In May 24

• How far along are you? 25 weeks today! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I'm just having a hard time adjusting to certain things being uncomfortable... bending over, mainly, lol. It's so weird trying to do something you used to do several times a day and suddenly it's very difficult. 

This is the last week of school before summer break! I am SO excited!! 

Any Questions? 
    Umm... so, this one is kind of gross. I know we've discussed the discharge before. Oy, the discharge. Lately I've been having some that is kind of yellow. Do y'all think I should I be concerned? I could call and ask my Dr's nurse, but I hate to call for something silly.  I just had a urinalysis and blood draw last week, and nothing came back... if there was some kind of infection, would that have shown it? 

I am... July 9, I believe. We're going to do a mermaid theme... because I'm 12, lol. 

I am scared of A LOT of things... I'm just a very anxious and scared person in general. My biggest one is the dentist, though. It's a pretty embarrassing fear, but there's just nothing I can do about it (I have tried!). I could not love my dentist more... he is so awesome and is great at managing me, but I automatically hyperventilate every time I get in the chair. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 Ooh, I feel you on the bending! My big not-so-fun surprise has been that sometimes I just suddenly need to sit down because I am overwhelmed with the tired.

How far along are you? 22+4

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? This has been a milestone week for feeling movement! As recently as last week I was only feeling baby move occasionally at night. Then it was any time I was lying down--and my husband felt him for the first time! Recently I've been feeling him when I'm sitting still. It's very reassuring.

We are looking into getting a new (or new to us) car this weekend. It's not a financially great time for it, but our car has almost 150k miles on it and things are starting to go wrong. The latest is that the motor that dispenses the windshield wiper fluid is burnt out and we'd have to pay quite a bit to have it fixed due to its location.

Any Questions? 
    I'm a little curious as to other people's maternity leave policies but I am following the thread dedicated to that, so I won't ask again here!

Yes!! Jews traditionally don't have baby showers--it's considered bad luck--but we are not quite that superstitious (at least at this point). My shower will be August 5 and it will be children's literature themed. DH and I had a small wedding (about 60 people) and I loved that as I typically don't like being the center of attention. But after waiting such a long time for this little one, and being PGAL to boot, I feel like I deserve ALLLLLL the love and attention for this special time in our lives. I want my baby to be celebrated! :-) 

Yes, I have two big fears--one of them is pretty bad. I'm afraid of falling, so I avoid roller coasters, skiing, etc. because I don't like the stomach-drop sensation. Heights are ok if I don't think I'd fall; I'd rather stand on the roof of a skyscraper than climb a short-ish ladder, if that makes sense. My bigger fear is rodents, specifically mice and rats. I grew up in a city so the idea of them just absolutely disgusts me. Last week I was waiting for a bus near my house and a rat wandered by and I screamed and jumped up in the air. I freaked out once when there was a rumor of a mouse in my closet at school...

• Loading the player...
  • @HollyGolightly09 re: discharge.. if it had a really bad smell I would be concerned. Otherwise discharge is really normal, unfortunately. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?

21+5

Growing huge and uncomfortable. Strting to get reallybhard to do things for DD (3.5yo). I was measuring 27 weeks a week ago and DH already made the comment "were you ever this big with DD?" *side eye* really dude!?

Getting ready to head down to visit our families for the weekend. Will be the last time I travel before these little dudes come in September. 

Any Questions? 

Nothing this week. 

Nope, had one with DD and family wants us to have one for the twins, but I vetoed it. I'm thinking we'll have a "come meet the babies" party for DD's 4th bday or Thanksgiving. 

Once I had DD in 2013 I developed the completely irrational fear of flying in an airplane. Sucks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    24 weeks day5
    feeling baby alot. I concur with the other comments about bending over. It's becoming a chore. I can imagine another 2 months from now what it will be like! 

last day of school on Friday and then summer break here i come! 
    Any Questions? 
     Nope 
    yes. Planing to have one mid July. Not themed at this point 
    Yes. Spiders! I hate them! 
  • How far along are you? 22w2d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Ok so far. I like that I been feeling the baby move makes me feel some better. 

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life? Just busy busy with work. 

Any Questions? Nope

GTKY:  Are you having a baby shower? Any kind of theme?  I am having one. My friends are going to throw it for me in august. No theme. 

NBR GTKY: Do you have any phobias or big fears?  I am scared of height. I feel like I am going to fall or step off the edge. 
  • @HollyGoLightly09 I noticed yellow discharge one day and was concerned, but the next day the color was white/clear again. I'd just keep an eye on it and if it's associated with bad odor (more than the horrible odor we all are ending up with, am I right??).

How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

So many kicks and she's kicking my bladder!! I'm really getting worried about peeing now! I also started producing colostrum, more from the right. I'm really interested in other people talking about this symptom...
    Tailbone pain, hip pain, hard to bend over and put on my compression socks, acne, swelling

The house is a mess and I'm like this [] close to hiring a maid. Can someone hang up all my clothes for me and clean the toilets, k thanks. We also are starting from scratch retraining our 4 yr old dog to come when called and also potty training. He's losing his mind and I think it might be my pregnancy related..?

Any Questions? 
    I want to talk about colostrum.. I kinda want to make a thread.

Yes, my sister and bff are throwing me one towards the end of July. No theme.. just gather, eat, visit, and open cute baby stuff.

Ugh anxiety over losing my husband or my dogs probably because I'm so emotional right now. Otherwise not really. Maybe knives. I hate knives.. 

TW sex/fear

I had an ex get on top of me and hold his pocket knife out over me. It really scared me and I still don't like knives to this day.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @sugargirl1019 make a thread! Also for your spoiler - omg! that would freak me out too. that's insane :|

How far along are you?
    23 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? he's kicking lots. DH felt him kick for the first time this week. I also am pretty sure LO woke me up with the hiccups this week. It felt like soft kicks, but really following a really steady beat for a few minutes. Sleep is hard. I can sleep until midnight and then I usually see every hour at some point on the clock until 5 when I can sleep again. boo.

long weekend this weekend! Thursday/Friday off, so yay! Just trying to make it through the next couple of weeks to summer break!

Any Questions? 
    nope

sort of...when we visit Canada, we're having a BBQ that the in-laws have been calling a shower, and I keep asking them to call it a BBQ because we don't have suitcase space for a bunch of gifts, but if you call it a shower, people will bring gifts...lol. My friend mentioned having a shower for me in August when we're all back from summer holidays (most of our friends here are also teachers), but it's far away, so no plans.

not really :S 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• How far along are you? 23w3d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? He went from kicking a bunch to no kicking for like 2 days, so that freaked me out, so I was supposed to go to the doctor today, but then he started kicking last night, so I'm going to cancel my appointment. 

I'm done with students, I just have 2 days of post planning left! Also though, DS almost ratted me out to my mom about my Lovenox injections. He told her mommy gets a shot everyday. I covered it up and said he probably saw something on tv. My mom does not know about my two miscarriages and I want it to stay that way. She has no concept of privacy and tells me I'm just being "weird" when I don't want my personal life told to everyone she knows. Also, she would call me nonstop if she knew, and it would make her freaked out for my pregnancy, and I can't deal with her anxiety too right now. 

Any Questions? 
    I just finished reading Everything, Everything and loved it. I really like YA fiction, does anyone have any recommendations?

My coworkers just threw me a lovely nautical themed one on Tuesday, and my sister is throwing me a family/close friend nautical shows in early July. The nursery is a grey, white, and navy nautical theme. 

I think all of my fear right now is pregnancy related. 
  • @heatherlynn321 oh man, I had that happen before too....kicking every day and then he stopped for two days. LONGEST TWO DAYS OF MY LIFE. I'm glad your little dude is kicking again. I had a routine checkup that week so I mentioned it to the midwife even though he had started kicking again, and she was like, "no big deal, we don't expect people to feel the baby every day until 25 weeks" which was crazy to me, because as soon as I had the definitive "yup that was a kick" kick as opposed to the "was that something?" movements I have been feeling him at least once a day except those two days :D 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• How far along are you? 24 weeks today! V-day, which makes me feel good!

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? lots of kicks. Starting to get DS' big boy room set up so I can go through baby stuff and get that organized. Makes it feel real to get all the little things out again!

DS turns three so we're having a party this weekend which is taking up all my time. We're also having a new bed delivered and moving DS to his new room so our house is so disorganized while we're in the process of cleaning and organizing all of it. But after Saturday our house should be all set!

Any Questions? 
    nope!

nope! STM here so none for me. We have literally everything anyway in terms of gear and it's all neutral. We're team green so we won't know if we need new clothes until after the birth anyway. We may do a meet the baby party in October.

My friend and SIL threw me an amazing surprise shower for DS. He was a May baby so the theme was April showers. Cute rainboot and umbrella decorations. I felt so loved! My mom has passed away but a lot of her friends were there to pass on their wisdom to me as a clueless FTM. It was nice. I hope all you FTMs really enjoy yours!

Spiders and rodents. Bleh
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Sugargirl1019  I put on a dark gray top to sleep in last night and after a bit noticed little wet spots on my chest. :#  
    @HollyGolightly09 compared to my panty liner, it's not a bright white, more creamy.  I've more noticed that I smell really different down there.  Not bad- not like an alarming "talk to doctor" odor- but a noticable difference from pre-pregnancy. 

How far along are you?
    23+1

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  I injured my back the other day mid-sleep.  Trying to work on my sleep position so that I don't twerk my back anymore.

Just kinda chugging along.

Any Questions? 
    I've heard some people talk about inside kicks.  I don't think I've experienced this yet.  I'd be able to tell, right?

I think yes.  My girlfriends are going to do a couples party.  And then my mothers friend is going to throw me one in my hometown (it will mostly be my mom's friends).  I have no idea when either will be, however.

I don't think I'd call it a phobia, but I've been more inclined to avoid large gatherings in the past few years.  Like 1000+ person brewfests or large concerts.  
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @cats*in*space are you asking if you'd know what a kick feels like? I'd say yes? For a week or two I'd feel something that felt like butterflies in my stomach and wonder if it was LO. But now that he's bigger/stronger the actual kicks are quite clear. Mostly it feels like a poke from the inside. Two or three times it's actually made me jump lol

from the outside I have a hard time distinguishing with my hand because I can't tell if I ACTUALLY feel it on the outside or just the inside, but I can feel it better with the inside of my forearm that's more sensitive I guess? DH described the outside kicks as feeling like "someone tapping from the other side" lol

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @cats*in*space If you mean when the kicks are directed in (back towards your spine) as opposed to out (to your belly) - for me, I think he had moved around inside me and was facing my spine, so his kicks (at about 24w) were landing more uncomfortably. It doesn't feel like a kick out, it feels more uncomfortable. I think it depends on whatever position he's in. It was "bad" for a couple days, but now it's basically back to "normal" belly kicks, so I think he just rotated back forward.

• @BigBadWolf12 @jena333-2 Sorry, that was not clear.   o:) I'm talking about the inward kicks.  I can feel the outward kicks.  But people have been talking about them kicking organs and their cervix.  I haven't noticed any "oooof" type of kicks
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @cats*in*space OOOH that makes more sense. I was thinking that if you hadn't been feeling movement at all yet it would make me wonder why, but I didn't want to worry you :P  All the kicks I feel have been outward so far that I can tell, so I don't have anything helpful to add here :P

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @HollyGolightly09 yellow discharge is normal.  Your discharge can change daily.  If you have an odor or burning or itching then I would speak to your doctor.
  • Ugh, DS decided to shove me hard in the stomach today, and it still hurts. I know the baby is cushioned in there, but it always freaks me out regardless.