October 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In | 5.24.17

1) How far along are you/when is your due date?

2) What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? 

3) How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

4) Rant/Rave/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite season?
 --------
I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: STM+ Check In | 5.24.17

• Loading the player...
  • @purplestarz I've decided we are doing the 3 day potty training approach this weekend.  She shows all the signs, I think it just needs 100% attention from me at this point.  So this is the last 3 day weekend I will have before baby is due (not counting labor day but that's too close.)  I just hope we do ok with our trip in July. 
  • purplestarzpurplestarz member
    edited May 2017
    @mrs_fogue let me know how it goes! I was reading about that also. We have guests coming into town the next couple of weeks but I'm willing to devote three days after that if it's effective as people say it is!

Eta: did you read the book? or are you just taking tips off the Internet? I can't decide if it's worth it to buy it or not.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @purplestarz someone sent me the ebook on it.  If you want to dm me your email I would be happy to forward it to you.
  • @mrs_fogue good luck with the potty training! We are doing it this weekend as well (if I can remember to stay on top of it). He will go on the potty if we tell him to, he just doesn't tell us when he needs to go. I think I'm going to make it wear underwear and hope for the best. Though I'm nervous because we are going on vacation in a few weeks and I'm not sure how he will do there. With our crazy schedules, I feel this is the best time. 
  • @mrs_fogue how long is your trip, are you driving? We did 6 hours each way a month after we potty trained DS and he did great. We had to stop maybe 3 times on the way there (1 of which was on a side road in a corn field because he couldn't hold it). We made sure to just stop about 45 minutes after grabbing lunch because he downs his drinks and it goes straight through him. 
  • @mrs_fogue  - also, piddle pads:

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Deluxe-Piddle-Black/dp/B004U7OQWW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495646353&sr=8-1&keywords=piddle+pad

I'm not so worried about DD having an accident here and there as I am when she falls asleep. She does pretty well during naps, but she's still in pull up's for overnights. Sometimes on long drives she sleeps for a long time so we got the piddle pad to help - I don't want to discourage her from sleeping on long drives, but I also don't want to stress out the entire time over is she saturating the car seat.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lola4411 DD slept in the floor for probably 3 months. *knock on wood* since we transitioned from toddler bed to super-big-girl-bed, she's been sleeping in the bed. I wish we would have done that wayyyy sooner.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lola4411 DD slept in the floor for probably 3 months. *knock on wood* since we transitioned from toddler bed to super-big-girl-bed, she's been sleeping in the bed. I wish we would have done that wayyyy sooner.
    oh good to know!  i thought a toddler bed would be easy since he got to keep his mattress.  so far nothing has worked and we've tried bribery lol.  i am just happy he is sleeping...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lola4411 said:
    @lola4411 DD slept in the floor for probably 3 months. *knock on wood* since we transitioned from toddler bed to super-big-girl-bed, she's been sleeping in the bed. I wish we would have done that wayyyy sooner.
    oh good to know!  i thought a toddler bed would be easy since he got to keep his mattress.  so far nothing has worked and we've tried bribery lol.  i am just happy he is sleeping...
    I've finally come to the conclusion that DD just likes to be able to stretch out. The toddler bed didn't let her roll around and stretch as much as the floor did. And now that she's in the full sized mattress she's got plenty of time to stretch, too. I'm hoping that's it, anyway. :wink:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you/when is your due date?
    20w1d / Oct 10th
    Feeling pretty good, just a bit tired and achy
    About the same, though I don't remember still feeling tired at this point, but thats probably because I wasn't chasing after a 19mo last time :)
    4) Rant/Rave/Questions?
    none this week
    I've always loved Fall - football, cozy sweaters, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the anticipation of the Christmas season, BUT now that I'm a mom, I love summer because of all the outdoor activities we can do to wear him out lol, plus the long days, BBQs, beach and pool
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I had a busy day yesterday, so I wasn't on much! 

1) How far along are you/when is your due date? 20w5d!!! 10/7!

2) What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? Lately just the occasional RLP as far as symptoms. Movement is getting more and more frequent and a lot stronger! I'm loving it! Some of these kicks are super strong not even to be quite 21 weeks lol. 

3) How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I started feeling movement a lot earlier this go around! 

4) Rant/Rave/Questions? Checking up on baby today (just a regular appointment) and we are headed home to visit in two days! So excited for a two week vacation! 

5) GTKY: What is your favorite season? Definitely Fall! Especially since moving to New England! This Fall should be especially great ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @curlyq423 I'll try to check in with you this weekend.  Good luck as well!

@sjohns908 it's a 23 hour drive that we plan to break up into 2 days.  I have stops planned but will also bring her little potty.  I'm more worried about an accident in the seat and then we are screwed.

Thanks @natleilynn got those in my shopping cart now.

• @mrs_fogue Thank you! Best of luck to you too! I'll try and check in as well!  I'm going to need all the patience I can get
    for this!
  • TelusTelus member
    Hi - just joining the group now. Late is better than never?? TRIGGER WARNING for post. 

1) How far along are you/when is your due date?
    17w / Oct 31st!

None. :O This has been by far my easiest pregnancy so far, with almost no symptoms at all yet and I'm actually down 10lbs from when I conceived... the whole thing makes me nervous because I m/c twice between my daughter and this one... but everything has been good so far!

A million times easier.

4) Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Anyone go to physio for urinary incontinence?  Did it help?  Starting next week...

Summer - because I'm from Canada and need a chance to fully thaw :P

1 on earth, 2 in heaven watching over us.
  • @Telus welcome! Definitely better late than never. ;)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • 1) How far along are you/when is your due date? 20 weeks due 10/10

2) What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling?  Feeling great. 

3) How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Same but still not showing. I'm sure I was showing sooner than this for the other 2. 

4) Rant/Rave/Questions?

5) GTKY: What is your favorite season? Spring