My husband and I have had one miscarriage and then experienced 18 mo of infertility afterwards. We had been put on 58-75 iu of Follistim plus Pregnyl trigger shot. I had to have a cyst aspiration because my body reacted very strongly to the follistim and we were left with 3 follicles. After timed intercourse and the dreaded 2WW, we were blessed to find out that all three follicles were fertilized and stuck
! We're still adjusting to the news. I'm more scared than anything because I am 5'3, 120ish pounds and I'm very fit. I know from reading that I am already considered to be borderline underweight/low normal weight and that isn't good enough for triplets. I've been reading Dr. Luke's book When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads"
, and based on that information I need to gain some serious weight fast. I'm seeking any advice, encouraging words, or just some good vibes from any expecting multiple mommas! Here are my main concerns-
1. What kind of car should we get? We have a boxer and travel "up north" (any Michiganders here?!). We're debating between a Yukon, Suburban, and an Expedition.
2. How can I get in enough protein in these first few months if as soon as the clock strikes 6pm I get very nauseous and exhausted. It's hard to meet the daily requirements.
3. My most selfish fear is never ever getting my body back. I know this is a miracle and I'm blessed to carry these babes but it terrifies me that I'm just going to see a huge change and never bounce back.
4. Since I've had a miscarriage before, now I'm terrified that I'm going to have another one but this time even worse. It was so hard the first time. I don't like thinking about it.
5. I'm 7 weeks 5 days and I can already see some major changes in my body. In the morning I don't think I'm showing but as soon as I eat it's like 'oh, hello there tummy!' We've shared with close friends and family but I feel like we'll need to share much sooner than we normally would plan to.
That's all I can think of for now. Good vibes and positive thoughts out to all you multiple mommas!