October 2017 Moms
Options

Circumcision? Yes or No?

We are not finding out the sex of baby, but we are having discussions on what we would do regarding circumcision if baby is a boy. We have two daughters and have always found out the sex during pregnancy so it has not been an issue before. I am trying to do my research and my instincts say 'no' to doing the circumcision, but my husband is torn. He initially said 'yes' and then agreed to look into it further. Anyone going through this same discussion? Any advice on articles or literature to help with the decision making?
Married 9.10.10
Ovarian Cancer diagnosed 12.13.11 @ 17W w/DD #1
Preeclampsia and Placental Abruption @ 30w6ds w/DD #1 born 3.19.12
Successful VBAC with DD #2 born 8.6.14
Expecting #3 10.14.17

Re: Circumcision? Yes or No?

• Options
    Thank you!  I tried to search before posting and did not see this.  I will check it out.
    Married 9.10.10
    Ovarian Cancer diagnosed 12.13.11 @ 17W w/DD #1
    Preeclampsia and Placental Abruption @ 30w6ds w/DD #1 born 3.19.12
    Successful VBAC with DD #2 born 8.6.14
    Expecting #3 10.14.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Absolutely! One thing hubby and I are 100% on. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    this is my 3rd boy...and he will be circumcised like his brothers 
  • Options
    We're team green, too! And we will be leaving our son (if it's a boy) intact 100%. :) 
  • Options
    I went through this with our first son. My husband wanted him circumcised and I didn't. His argument was that he had no experience with non circumcised penises. Mine was it was unnecessary, the skin was there for a reason, we wouldn't circumcise baby if it was a girl, not to mention how they go about doing it. We were still at odds when our son was born till the nurse told us that insurance wouldn't cover it and it would cost $100! Needless to say that helped him to see my side of things lol Our son is now almost 6 and we have had no issues with it and would choose to not circumcise any future boys.
  • Options
      My husband is circumcised but he's pretty sure that his parents only did that because it was the social norm back then and doing it just because, wasn't enough of a reason for us personally  and we did not have any religious reason to do so and I personally don't feel there's any medical reason to do so so we did not circumcise our son .
  • Options
    We are not circumcising. DH is cut, but DS is not and this one won't be either. There is actually no health organization in the world that recomends it and it's honestly much easier to clean. Just wipe like a finger, no retracting. The foreskin is attached to the head of the penis when they are young. It's a personal choice, but since it has no medical reason to be done and the forskin has so many benefits we decided against it for our boys. 
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Aw @canonmom413 I love pregnant bitmojis

• Options
    YOU CAN MAKE YOUR BITMOJI PREGNANT?!
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @carries2018 Yes! It's not an option in the body shapes, but there is a clothing line that gives you a pregnant belly. They are sooooo cute :) 
  • Options
    i am going to be so hip!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    You guise. Idk anything about these bitmojis. Where do they come from? What are they for? I feel so out of the loop.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    You guise. Idk anything about these bitmojis. Where do they come from? What are they for? I feel so out of the loop.
    They started out a thing on snap chat. Then you were able to customize even more through the Bitmoji app.  You can save directly to your phone through the app or share etc in a message. Comes in handy for super snark. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    Good arguments both for and against. After doing my research, I have no strong feelings either way so I'm deferring to DH. He's leaning towards yes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Totally a personal decision. If we have a boy we will! I work in health care and I see so many complications with patients that are not.
  • Options
    When I first asked DH how he felt about it, his stance was if we have a boy he was getting circumcised. The best reason he was able to come up with was because it was "normal". Ok, fine. What irked me about it was how important it was to be "normal". Again, whatever. I didn't feel strongly about it one way or the other so I was leaving it up to him. This was before we were even TTGP. Fast forward a bit and at one of my doctor's appointments I was given a paper that says circumcision would need to be paid up front, $300. They would file it with the insurance afterwards and would refund us if anything was due back. Oh no said DH, that doesn't make sense to him. He would call the office and they were going to do it the way he said (file it first and then charge us if there was anything due) and that was the way it was going to be. Yes, he's like that. I get home the next day and he's decided we're just not going to circumcise if the baby is a boy. So much for "normal", right? *eye roll* We're having a girl so it really doesn't matter anymore. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    We're not circumcising. It's not common practice here and isn't covered by insurance, and we have no real want to have it done. 
  • Options
    @feeislove I can tell by your comment that you already know this, but he needs some education on this topic.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @feeislove I can tell by your comment that you already know this, but he needs some education on this topic.
    Oh for sure. That's also why his response irked me. He wasn't at all informed on the topic at all and was just going with the status quo. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fffc the "it's not normal" argument doesn't bother me at all. I mean our US kids are looking at 50/50 now, so its kind of moo to them. But for H he is the one presenting his penis lololzzz. I have no idea what that's like. But if he feels more confident being circumcised I think that is a valid thing to bring to the table. For this reason I left the decision 100% up to him and I'm sure "it's not normal" is a large force for his pick. But that's fine with me. 
    I'd accept the argument of "it's normal" if it is phrased as "it feels normal to me".  Saying "it's normal" in general assumes the alternative is abnormal and that's not okay IMO.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yea. But men are bad with words haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yea. But men are bad with words haha. 
    Isn't that the truth 
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is our first boy and we're not circumcising. Easy decision for us (esp since DH isn't)