October 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 5.19.17

Re: FFFC 5.19.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Obviously this results in a lot of meals from pantry and frozen ingredients. Could we eat healthier by shopping exclusively in the fresh grocery sections, yes. Do I have the patience to grocery shop every couple days, no.

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 My soul sista! I just went on a massive shopping trip yesterday to stock up for tons of meals. I got a big thing of hamburger from Sam's club and am going to divide it up into freezer bags. Each bag will be enough for a night of tacos, which we are big on around here since they're so easy and its one of 2 meals everyone will eat. I stock up on the kids staples when they're on sale (basically lunchables, ramen and mac n cheese). I'm so looking forward to Thursday when the memorial day sales start so I can stock up on hot dogs at super cheap prices, I'll throw a bunch in the deep freeze. Oh and chips. And soda. Even though I'm the only one who drinks it.
  • Options
    i made 30 freezer meals for crockpot business. i am  like 10 meals down...that was like 5 months ago.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    sjohns908 said:
    My fffc: I don't understand the flaming of moms for scheduling elective inductions after 39 weeks. If it was truly as big a deal as these sanctimommies make it, then doctors wouldn't allow it. 
    Not every doctor cares enough. My sister smoked through both her pregnancies, and was induced early just because she asked the doctor and complained about being too uncomfortable. I can't say for sure that my sister actually told her she was a smoker, but I truly doubt that a doctor would allow a smoker to induce early. Thankfully both boys were ok, but in my opinion it was totally irresponsible on my sister's part, and on the doctor's if she knew my sister smoked. 
  • Options
    fffc - if it is freezed i eat it way past the "3 month" mark or whatever they say.
    I think deep freezer rules is a year? Regular freezer 6 months? Or is it 6 months and 3 months? Haha shows how much I pay attention too 
  • Options
    If we're on topics of diaper bags. This is my love right now :smile:

@canonmom413  I'm obsessed with Lily Jade! I have this exact bag on order, receiving it in July :blush:
    I'm part of the Chat & BST group on Facebook and its so bad for my wallet!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If we're on topics of diaper bags. This is my love right now :smile:

@canonmom413  I'm obsessed with Lily Jade! I have this exact bag on order, receiving it in July :blush:
    I'm part of the Chat & BST group on Facebook and its so bad for my wallet!
    Tell me more about this chat and bst group!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @sjohns908 I had a spray tan membership a couple years back too and loved it. It got pricey though so I switched to L'Oréal sublime bronze lotion and I actually like it way more than the spray tan. Much faster and the color is good, although not as dark. 

Its amazing how much better I feel about myself when I'm tan, so I completely feel you there. Stomachs look thinner when they're tan for some reason.

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I looked at getting some lotion instead but I had bad luck with a foaming bronzer back in high school and have been a little terrified of doing the self bronzer stuff again lol. I feel like I'm bound to completely eff up and miss spots or overdo it in some places. Do you have issues with that? How do you get your back covered well enough? Make DH do it? Lol
  • Options
    Lol @sjohns908 I have definitely had DH help me in the past. With some practice, though, I'm good now. It took lots of experimenting with lots of different brands before I found one I'm happy with. Another good brand is St tropez, but it's pricey. The lotions are way easier than the foaming stuff, and since your skin is shinier with lotion you can see where you put it :) 

I do think spray tans last longer, though.

• Options
    @buttercream_frosting I know me too! I actually want a new pumping bag too!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a dumb diaper bag question. Is a shoulder bag or backpack style easier to manage? I get a lot of neck and shoulder tension so I try to avoid carrying a heavy purse/bag. But I also plan to wear the baby sometimes, and I'm thinking a baby in front and backpack in back may be difficult to manage.

FFFC: I proudly rock a fanny pack whenever possible.
  • Options
    I so want that diaper bag! Didnt even think about shopping for one until now. Thanks mamaz. 

SFFC to make you laugh a little(a lot maybe)  : H and I spend at least one night a week like this (with timers) : dance to dancehall music for an hour,  then dance to slow music for an hour... Finaly kiss for an hour, and go make babies (that last less than an hour lol). 
  • Options
    roo_baby said:
    I have a dumb diaper bag question. Is a shoulder bag or backpack style easier to manage? I get a lot of neck and shoulder tension so I try to avoid carrying a heavy purse/bag. But I also plan to wear the baby sometimes, and I'm thinking a baby in front and backpack in back may be difficult to manage.

I would think the back pack will be easier to manage because it stays put. Every time I wear a shoulder bag, it slides down on me. I have a crossbody bag and it works well, but could put a strain on your shoulder depending on what you put in it. 
  • Options
    jasmuinjasmuin member
    I got a backpack diaper bag with my last and I love it!  It is so much easier for me than a regular one. 
  • Options
    Ok I have another FFFC since I'm doing it right now. I plan out all of our dinners an entire month in advance (in excel) and make one epic Costco run to encompass the whole month. I love the planning and I love that I only have to make very occasional grocery runs for fresh produce and milk. I also love Costco. #winning #controlfreak
    I'm gonna need a copy of that excel spreadsheet, thanks :) 
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @roo_baby the diaper bag I just ordered has the option to be worn as a backpack or shoulder/crossbody. I think there are several out there that do the same. I think it'll be nice to have options.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    roo_baby said:

I had the shoulder style last time and I hardly ever carried it because it was such a PITA. Last summer we went to the Seahawks training camp and I bought a cheap back pack to carry everything easier, I was like wow why did we not get the back pack style, it was so much easier and more comfy. I plan on buying one that DH will also be willing to wear because I wore DS pretty much everywhere we went. 

• Options
    Oh another diaper bag question- does it replace a purse? Or do you carry both?