June 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday ~ 5/17/17

Why did my 15 year old already need to have her wisdom teeth pulled!?! Why, oh why, did she have to be in the catagory of people who still have numbness more than 24 hours after her procedure :-/. My baby looks like a chipmunk. 

Re: WTF Wednesday ~ 5/17/17

• @JennMof3, hope she feels better soon!  I had mine taken out as an adult and had a terrible migraine for a couple days. The numbness might not be such a bad thing.

Wtf to my work.  It's been unusually busy and I've had really tough cases.  I was hoping I'd be able to sail through these last few weeks at work.  It's not going as planned.

• My WTF goes out to anxiety. This may warrant a TW.... I was so excited to come home and start organizing the nursery but as I sat on the floor to cut the tags off of her clothes I started freaking out thinking I was jinxing everything. I ended up putting the clothes in her hamper with hangers and tags attached so that if she comes home we can organize and clean them then. As of now I will wash just enough to get us through the first few days. I have no reason to think anything but happy positive thoughts but what ifs are starting to creep in. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Kylieslip24Kylieslip24 member
    edited May 2017
    neludelu said:
    My WTF goes out to anxiety. This may warrant a TW.... I was so excited to come home and start organizing the nursery but as I sat on the floor to cut the tags off of her clothes I started freaking out thinking I was jinxing everything. I ended up putting the clothes in her hamper with hangers and tags attached so that if she comes home we can organize and clean them then. As of now I will wash just enough to get us through the first few days. I have no reason to think anything but happy positive thoughts but what ifs are starting to creep in. 
    I hate to tell you, but this doesn't go away. At least not for me. Dd is almost 4 and I still don't take off tags until she fits in them, just in case. Moms worry. It goes from miscarriage to still birth, sids, car accidents, kidnappings... it's just crazy. What I've learned after two losses before these two babies is we just have to live in the moment and enjoy everyday, because nothing is ever guaranteed. I just make sure to hug my babies tight and snuggle them as much as I can. The only plus side of this thinking is that you appreciate those difficult young years a little more. Sorry your having one of those days
  • lmudralmudra member
    I'm with you on anxiety.  Up until 32 weeks I had bought one outfit.  I just bought diapers today.  It's becoming real and I still think of all the whatifs after 4 losses.  
    And I agree with above- it never goes away.  My son (2) was at his grandparents last weekend and I won't even begin to tell you all the horrible things that crossed my mind.  Hang in there, this baby is coming home!!!!!
  • neludelu said:
    My WTF goes out to anxiety. This may warrant a TW.... I was so excited to come home and start organizing the nursery but as I sat on the floor to cut the tags off of her clothes I started freaking out thinking I was jinxing everything. I ended up putting the clothes in her hamper with hangers and tags attached so that if she comes home we can organize and clean them then. As of now I will wash just enough to get us through the first few days. I have no reason to think anything but happy positive thoughts but what ifs are starting to creep in. 
    I don't have issues with anxiety, but I'm the same way. The only news clothes I've washed, are things my mom took tags off of before she sent them to me. With DD1, I never let myself buy anything until after she was born. My problem is PGAL brain. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • kdanjoukdanjou member
    Anxiety is the pits.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • lmudra said:
    I'm with you on anxiety.  Up until 32 weeks I had bought one outfit.  I just bought diapers today.  It's becoming real and I still think of all the whatifs after 4 losses.  
    And I agree with above- it never goes away.  My son (2) was at his grandparents last weekend and I won't even begin to tell you all the horrible things that crossed my mind.  Hang in there, this baby is coming home!!!!!
    I feel you on the grandparent thing. My son (2) has never stayed at my parents (they refuse to childproof). When he is at my inlaws he is only there with my older children. My 15yr old told me about how they take him to the store and refuse to put him in a cart. Last time he was left with my father inlaw alone. My daughter said the next thing she knew my son was running through the isle towards them with no grandpa in sight. WTH people he is 2! Hold his damn hand 24/7, put him in a cart or don't have him at ALL! If you can't take your 1 responsibility seriously then don't offer to take the kids! 

They have another granddaughter the same age who listens well and stays right with them. My son is fearless and curious about everything. Adjust your grandparent skills accordingly! We always talk to them about how different boys and girls are and how active he is. It should not come as a surprise that he needs more watching! 
  • JennMof3 said:
    lmudra said:
    I feel you on the grandparent thing. My son (2) has never stayed at my parents (they refuse to childproof). When he is at my inlaws he is only there with my older children. My 15yr old told me about how they take him to the store and refuse to put him in a cart. Last time he was left with my father inlaw alone. My daughter said the next thing she knew my son was running through the isle towards them with no grandpa in sight. WTH people he is 2! Hold his damn hand 24/7, put him in a cart or don't have him at ALL! If you can't take your 1 responsibility seriously then don't offer to take the kids! 

They have another granddaughter the same age who listens well and stays right with them. My son is fearless and curious about everything. Adjust your grandparent skills accordingly! We always talk to them about how different boys and girls are and how active he is. It should not come as a surprise that he needs more watching! 
    My inlaws are like this too. They think I'm nuts for not letting her play outside in our unfenced backyard by herself. They haven't watched her since they lost her for 10 min on their property. They are really bonded so we go over there at least once a week, but I can't trust them alone with her anymore. 
  • Can I just say mastitis, WTF?! I'm 34 weeks (tomorrow) and have extreme breast pain on the left side for almost 2 days. Had my appt today and the OB confirmed it is mastitis. I haven't even been leaking colostrum or anything so I had no clue it could happen to me. Worst part is I can't even pump or nurse to help open up the ducts. I'm stuck with antibiotics and hot showers + PAINFUL massages.  :s:/  
  • EBReece said:
    Can I just say mastitis, WTF?! I'm 34 weeks (tomorrow) and have extreme breast pain on the left side for almost 2 days. Had my appt today and the OB confirmed it is mastitis. I haven't even been leaking colostrum or anything so I had no clue it could happen to me. Worst part is I can't even pump or nurse to help open up the ducts. I'm stuck with antibiotics and hot showers + PAINFUL massages.  :s:/  
    I'm so sorry that sounds awful :-/

Hope it's gone quicky and doesn't come back. 
  • EBReece said:
    Can I just say mastitis, WTF?! I'm 34 weeks (tomorrow) and have extreme breast pain on the left side for almost 2 days. Had my appt today and the OB confirmed it is mastitis. I haven't even been leaking colostrum or anything so I had no clue it could happen to me. Worst part is I can't even pump or nurse to help open up the ducts. I'm stuck with antibiotics and hot showers + PAINFUL massages.  :s:/  
    Oh dang! I didn't even know it was possible to get before the baby arrived. I'm sorry :( hope it clears up soon for you.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    EBReece said:
    Wait...YOU CAN GET MASTITIS WHILE PREGNANT??????  I had it 3 times while nursing DD and it was a nightmare.  I got a hospital grade pump this time in hopes that would stop it from happening again.  I never even considered that it was possible to get it before the baby was born!
  • JennMof3 said: 
    lmudra said:

I feel for you in the inattentive grandparents front. My in laws are not allowed to watch dd because of stuff like this. But, seriously, this is not because he is a boy and she is a girl, it's just his particular personality and hers. Girls can be just as curious and active, and it hurts all our kids to have to grow up in a society that expects otherwise and pressures them to become that way. Can we not reinforce that old stereotype please?
  • I had zero clue you could get it before also! Apparently it's fairly rare and I just got  (un)lucky. We did catch it pretty early though so fingers crossed it goes away quickly. It also means I get to start my weekly visits next week since I'll have to follow up on it. So weekly dr visits from here on out should make time go quickly! 
  • Thanks everyone for your opinions. I have girls as well as a boy and mine are very different. The Girls in our family tend to be more quiet and reserved. This posted was based on my personal experience.