September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptom Thread 5/15

How far along are you? How are you feeling this week?

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptom Thread 5/15

• MyNamesTakenMyNamesTaken member
    edited May 2017
    ETA: 22+4

I've been pretty good the last few weeks.
    - Bouts of sciatic pain that go away if I stretch and relax.
    - I'm really stuffy and had a couple nosebleeds over the weekend. I don't have allergies so I don't know what that's about
    - RLP when I stand up. That shit hurts!

That's about it. I'm still working out a few times a week doing weights and light cardio (incline walking or cross-trainer) and feel great but standing for half an hour kills me and I get so sore. It's annoying not knowing what will hurt until after the fact but overall I can't complain too much!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 23+4

The f***ing leg cramps at night are killing me. It feels like my whole calf just seizes up and spasms and it's so painful I want to cry. UGH. I didn't have these with DS :cry: 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wyomama0427 I forgot that I had these last week! The two nights after I went to a concert I got them in the middle of the night. So painful! Luckily they haven't come back. Hopefully yours go away!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @wyomama0427 I've had those a few times too. It's the worst. I hope they go away for you soon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • My skin has been broken out  with REALLY small tiny bumps all over my cheeks and forehead not red or anything just bumps. Yesterday DH's mom gasped when she was really close to my face and was surprised because "She's never seem my skin broken out". I know she didn't mean any harm but it made me feel like shit. When will I be glowing dammit. I've also been having some crazy ass dreams. 
  • 23+3
    -Sinuses are a mess almost every single morning I have to steam and use my oregano spray so I can keep an infection away
    -Butt cramp just on my left side at night.  Hopefully the chiro can help with that and my sinus issues on Wendsday

• @wyomama0427 I'm sorry!!! I had the same darn thing the other night. I felt like the world was ending because my leg cramped up at 1am. Does it happen every night? 
  • @JustBored10 Oregano oil is not a pregnancy safe oil. It works to bring on menstration and is warned as possible to cause miscarriage. If you have a holistic practitioner you see, definitely look into alternatives with them that don't carry the same possible affects. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @awildrose The amount that is in the spray is absolutely safe.  I have already spoke with my midwife and did my research.  I only use it when needed. I have used it several times in the very beginning of pregnancy when I was sick with a nasty head cold.
  • @wyomama0427 I'm sorry!!! I had the same darn thing the other night. I felt like the world was ending because my leg cramped up at 1am. Does it happen every night? 
    Almost every night :( it happens when I stretch out too. It sucks so bad!
  • 23+5

-sciatic nerve pain
    -headaches almost daily
    -so much nasal congestion 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427 I had terrible nighttime leg cramps with DS too. I swear, they were nearly as bad as labor. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any this pregnancy. I'm much more conscious of staying hydrated this go around which may be helping some. 
  • 21 + 4. Hip and back pain continue to be an issue. I've been having bizarre dreams lately too. Last night I dreamed that my 2.5 year old was smoking cigars at Little League practice. I was livid. 
  • 23+5 

- Heartburn. So much dragon breath. DH came home with some Tums Smoothies for me though to try tonight :)
    -Hip pain and tail bone pain. I need to go see my chiropractor that I've been avoiding because she likes to push blood tests and supplements on me.  "Let's check your iron! " .. no please dont.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • 24+4
    -Still battling remnants of a cold from 2 weeks ago. I'm still a bit congested, my taste hasn't fully returned, and my damn ear has been muffled for days. It feels like it needs a good pop and it's driving me insane!
    -My lower back is getting sore. I did some cleaning on Saturday and it's still pretty sore. I ordered a pregnancy wedge pillow, so I'm hoping that helps. I think I'd get too hot in my sleep with a full pregnancy pillow.
    -I went on a walk around the neighborhood for the first time in a while, and it was difficult! I only walked for a half hour, and there are some slight hills, but damn, my legs were on fire carrying this body around! I plan to keep doing it, because I have a pretty sedentary job and I feel like I need more movement and activity. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • 23+5
    Nothing too horrible just stuffy nose, Braxton Hicks especially after sex and occasional leg cramps. Oh and I have gained a shit ton of weight. 
  • jlf1019jlf1019 member
    24+1. Feeling pretty good, except some pretty regular lower back pain. This is also probably TMI, but I am suddenly really swollen "down there." And sometimes it's really uncomfortable. I know general increased blood flow is probably to blame for most of it, but I've also read about varicose veins, in your nether regions, being a problem, particularly in second pregnancies. And I can feel something that feels like a big vein down there. I made my husband take a closer look, lol, and he said it definitely looks puffy. I have a doc appt Thursday, so I'm going to ask her, but has anyone else experienced this? I feel bad for my husband because I just don't feel normal down there, and the thought of having sex is painful. 
  • @wyomama0427 I would get those when I wasn't pregnant! I used to get them so much that I know when it's about to happen and stop it before it starts. I try not to point my toes while I sleep...I noticed when I go from flexed to point it would bring it on. So when I feel it coming on, I keep it flexed and breathe deeply and slowly until it passes. Bananas and TONS of water help keep them down too. I hope they subside!! They suck sooooo much!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy sciatica!!!!!! Ugh...mama needs a maternity massage stat!
    pregnancy rhinitis and clogged ears. Normal because of all the extra blood. Both my pcp and lady parts doc say that Zyrtec is fine to take for nasal congestion. So it's been helping a bit.
    swelling....soooooo much swelling!!!! I think it's causes my numb hands while I sleep. I wake up swollen then it goes down a few hours later but then it comes  back a few hours after that. I drink over a gallon of water a day...so I'm worrried this may be coming from something else. Oof...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bnmort8bnmort8 member

21 weeks today :)

-some back pain.

-CANNOT sleep. I can fall asleep normally around 10pm but as soon as 2am hits I am waking up almost every 30min to an hour not being able to get comfortable till I have to get up at 630am and then it seems I can't get out of bed and just want to sleep (eyeroll) lol.

-all I want is strawberry lemonade with lots of ice :)

• @bnmort8 Omg strawberry lemonade with fresh strawberries and lots of ice!!  <3  <3
  • bnmort8bnmort8 member
    tfrangul said:
    @bnmort8 Omg strawberry lemonade with fresh strawberries and lots of ice!!  <3  <3

yes!!!!! drinking right now!
  • @bnmort8 Chick-fil-a just came out with a frozen strawberry lemonade that's blended with their ice cream, it's the best thing ever!
  • bnmort8bnmort8 member
    @heatherlynn321 I saw this the other day driving by them I must try ASAP!
  • For what it's worth, adding extra magnesium can help get rid of the awful leg cramps at night. It's the only thing that helped me this time around, despite staying hydrated, stretching, and getting plenty of potassium. 
  • Heartburn is real and sucks. 
  • I'm 24+4 and with the exception of the random extra breast tissue in my right armpit that looks awful when I wear tank tops, I've been relatively symptom free. I have an appointment on Friday so I'll ask them about it then. They felt all in and around that area around the right week mark and didn't feel anything abnormal so I'm sure it's probably nothing. 

I've had a little bit of nausea lately. I'm hoping that it doesn't start resurfacing completely because first trimester woes were so rough. 
  • Has anyone here ever dealt with eczema?  I had small spots on my hands on and off during the winter time before pregnancy but now the flare ups are outrageous!  It is driving me insane! It is only on my hands bit it keeps me awake at night :( I have tried tea tree oil, st johns wort, lavender.  Nothing works!
  • @JustBored10 bleach baths and a very gentle moisturizer are best for excema. Look up bleach bath, its way more dilute and gentler than you think and you could likely just soak your breakouts. On Amazon there is a product called cln wash, this is 'bleach bath in a bottle'. I love their facial moisturizer for excema spots, cerave is also great. A dermatologist could help with options that aren't otc.
  • I'm 24+5 and last night after dinner I got terrible gas pains/pressure/bloating. It was so bad I could hardly sleep last night and I'm still really uncomfortable this morning. I woke up still burping last night's dinner, so I'm pretty sure my uterus is squeezing my stomach and slowing my digestion and that dinner is still sitting in my stomach and until it moves I'm not going to feel any better. It was a a chicken caesar salad - not even anything heavy! I've tried tums, gas-x, ginger tea, drinking lots of liquids and nothing is helping. Anyone have any other ideas for things that might help?
  • @Rhubarb7216 I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago.  We had chicken salads for dinner and almost immediately I got bloated and nauseous.  It actually took a few days for me to feel normal again.  I would try walking or maybe lightly exercising to get things moving!  I just found out I need to eat smaller meals and chew slower.  
  • Rhubarb7216Rhubarb7216 member
    edited May 2017
    @JustBored10 I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to! So awful! Unfortunately I have activity restrictions due to short cervix and low lying placenta, so I can't do much walking or exercising. I'm not on bedrest, so I can still move around some and I've been trying to walk around the house this morning to get things moving. I would guess the fact that I have to be less mobile is probably also contributing to my digestive slowness. Ugh.
  • @Rhubarb7216 nothing but the antacid pills work for me. Zantac or off brand. They have saved my life with number 2 and now number 3. I'm so confused as to how I never had this issue with my oldest... pregnancy is so weird.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited May 2017
    Guys  :# FTM, 24+4, I just started producing colostrum from Righty! It was hurting really bad!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: