November 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms: 5/7

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms: 5/7

• It's funny when LO starts making a new sound out of the blue. Then one day they don't make that sound anymore because they moved onto another one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Can someone explain Robeez shoes to me? I know they are cute, slipper like things, but do they keep wearing them even when they are walking? I can see around the house maybe but the soft ones wouldn't make sense outside. Right? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I'm watching Ellen and it is the Mother's Day show where they give FTMs tons of gift. I think I need to stop watching because I'm super jealous and we're only 20 min in
  • I know we talked about video monitors on here before but does anyone have experience with the brands they sell at Target- Vtech, Levana, Motorola?
  • Does anyone have a photo book design application they recommend? I've tried shutterfly but wasn't overly impressed. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Does anyone have a photo book design application they recommend? I've tried shutterfly but wasn't overly impressed. 
    My mom really likes Mixbook. I've also used Collage.com but I liked Mixbook better. I have so many Shutterfly coupons that I'll be using then just bc it's Basically free 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I was bored and lurking on other BMBs for newer babies. I cannot believe how dead they are, even like April already moved to FB it seems 
  • @kvruns what's with everyone's desire to FB immediately?! 
  • @MrsMaryK2016 I love Chatbooks! Is super easy to use and I just have it linked to my favorite albums on my phone. Great quality and $8/book. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    anne11716 said:
    @MrsMaryK2016 I love Chatbooks! Is super easy to use and I just have it linked to my favorite albums on my phone. Great quality and $8/book. 
    I downloaded the app but then realized I don't organize my pictures in albums 
  • Half way out of the parking lot I realized my keys were still in the ignition. So today is starting out really strong.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Whoops @SandNStarsNJ  if it makes you feel better I did that before having LO....
  • m6aguam6agua member
    I know we talked about video monitors on here before but does anyone have experience with the brands they sell at Target- Vtech, Levana, Motorola?
     I have a Motorola one and I like it just fine. I know from the reviews the largest complaint was the battery life but I'm assuming some people probably have the video playing constantly and if you do that of course the battery will die soon. For how we use it just around the house we just have a plugged in most of the time and use the sound feature and then turn the video on when we just need to look at her. I think it's great I love having the video monitor.  My friend actually just got a video monitor her son is almost too and she's got another one on the way and she feels like she should have gotten one a lot sooner. 
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I try to follow the eat, wake, sleep routine. But if I feed her at 8 and she's awake for 2 hours and then is "scheduled" to take a 2 hr nap, that is 4 hours before eating again. And More than likely she would wake from her nap early because she's hungry. Because of this I'm finding that I'll feed her at 8 and then at 10 to make sure she doesn't wake up hungry. Am I missing something?  Or should she be able to go 4 hrs?
  • @Ladybug2821 we have a Motorola and I guess it's a known defect in some that they can't hold a charge at all. With ours, as soon as you unplug it from the wall, it flashes the 5 minutes warning but it's usually dead in 3. I bought it new in the box off a FB mommy group. I tried calling Motorola because they'll allegedly replace defective ones but they require a receipt so we just live with it.
  • @ladybug2821 I do like you during the day, feed again after two hours if he is going down for a nap soon. Although I do think they can go 4 hours especially if two of them are sleeping since you don't burn slot of calories when you sleep.
  • Is anyone else having a hard time maintaining relationships with friends? It just feels hard to see people. LO's naps and early bedtime (7pm) makes it really hard to see people. It seems like people only want to hang out late at night, or want to do things that involve being out and about when LO needs naps. I miss being able to see people, feeling like people want to see me. I'm feeling really lonely. I also still have a hard time leaving LO, so I can almost feel people wondering why I won't leave him with a sitter and go out more. Today is a feeling sad kind of day. 
  • @desoky01 everything you are feeling is totally normal. It's hard with your first adjusting to a new lifestyle and things like loosing touch with old friends is a big part of that. My best advice is to find some mommy friends, preferably moms with young babies/toddlers. They will have the same schedule you do (wake up and go to bed) and will understand the need for nap times etc. it doesn't mean you can't stay friends with your old friends but finding time to hang out with those people will be much harder. As lame as it sounds you need to embrace your new normal. Things will never go back to the way they were before. But a solid group (or even just one or two) new mom friends can make a world of difference and keep you from feeling so lonely.
  • @ladybug2821 I switch the wake and eat and it's pretty successful. So we wake and play, then eat and then nap. 

@desoky01 Yes. I have one really close friend and everyone else I see sometimes or rarely. This is my second kid though so I've come to terms with it. DH, not so much... so I send him out on play dates with our friends occasionally. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Yep I get it with friendships. I would love to find some new mom friends as well. My friends with kids have kids that are a lot older. Although even before LO it was getting hard to see friends because everyone is always so busy 
  • jsmaijsmai member
    What are you all doing for baths right now? Still using the infant tub? Moved on to a "real" bathtub? How often? 

I'm still using the infant insert over the kitchen sink and it's such a pain.
  • @jsmai I'm still using the sling in the infant tub. Once he starts sitting better I'll loose the sling.
  • If it's a day when I'm washing my hair, we'll coshower... but it's getting harder as I feel like she's darn near half my size these days.  :D
    Otherwise, DH washes her in the infant tub without the sling. She's too squirmy for me to comfortably do it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    We use the infant tub. I hold him up so he doesn't fall over and H washes him 
  • I got the munchkin duck tub to put in the tub. It's super cute and the perfect size for her to sit and play with her toys without the fear of her going to her belly.
  • leighryleighry member
    Still use the infant tub. Until My kids could sit ... like really sit without doing the weebly wobbly I used an infant tub. Even though I'm right there I was too afraid of then tipping over face first into the water 
  • We do a towel in the baby tub without the insert. The towel prevents the sliding and he gets room to splash around. 
  • Snip
    It's crazy how much they grow and learn and change every day  :'(
    Right? I have to assume there was a leap of major things recently because LO is so aware and responsive in ways I don't remember ODD being. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ Yes!   I used to be so good about checking my wonder weeks app  ( and reading my other book and writing in her baby book and writing in my one-line-a-day book :|).. a few days ago I thought she was acting so mature and a little fussier and sure enough she's a week into leap five, the world of relationships.  
  • We do a towel in the baby tub without the insert. The towel prevents the sliding and he gets room to splash around. 
    I tried this, but she managed to still slide and just take the towel with her!
  • Snip
    It's crazy how much they grow and learn and change every day  :'(
    Right? I have to assume there was a leap of major things recently because LO is so aware and responsive in ways I don't remember ODD being. 
    Totally agree! LO was in a total funk for 3-4 weeks now he's out of it and is like a totally different baby! So crazy!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • jsmaijsmai member
    @fitlady21 I purchased the duck. It looks like that could be an easy thing to bring on vacation this summer too.
  • @jsmai My LO LOVES it! It's really the perfect size for her.