June 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change 5/14

Mother's Day edition for those with an EDD of 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, and 6/25.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your relationship like with your mother-in-law​?
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Sunday ticker change 5/14

• Options
    sejicasejica member
    @lizerspitz, I am not trying to steal your spotlight, I just had the downtime on my first mother's day, so I figured I'd get us started, I hope you don't mind too much.

How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya?

Appointment updates? We have our positioning and measurements ultrasound tomorrow along with group b strep test. 

Any new symptoms or changes?  I found out that depersonalization is the clinical name for my recent detachment and is closely associated with moderate - severe depression. In my case it is likely due to shifting pregnancy hormones and will likely resolve with delivery, but we're keeping an eye on it. I also have swelling in my feet, but the heartburn has abated. I still can't get a deep breath and I don't sleep much. Pelvic pressure suggests she has turned from transverse to either breech or be

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think I'll skip this before I got a word limit... :)

GTKY: What is your relationship like with your mother-in-law​? I consider myself among the fortunate minority in that I have great relationships with both my parents and both DH parents. It's a good thing since we all live in the same 100 mile spread of central KY. We actually live in the same city as DH family including his brother and SIL and 4 nieces and 1 nephew along with his parents, and we all work at the family business cluster, so we have to get along. Being so close we usually get to spend some of each holiday with all of both families. Unfortunately we spent today at the hospital because my MIL is having more seizures from her growing brain cancer. She was going to come to the ultrasound tomorrow (in case she doesn't make it to the birth) but will be unable to due to her own hospitalization yesterday night. I'm not religious, but she is, and I'm sure she'd appreciate your prayers if you're so inclined this Mother's Day.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ama7165ama7165 member

How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? honeydew. At last ultrasound measuring 6lbs

Appointment updates? pregnancy induced hypertension making me feel like I need to quit my job just to keep up with them. Weekly labs, weekly ultrasounds, twice weekly NST, p17 injections...checking my pressures daily at home. Looks like I am going to deliver at 37 weeks so only a little over 2 weeks to go!!!!

Any new symptoms or changes?  Pregnancy induced hypertension

Rants/Raves/Questions? all these appointments and unknowns are really stressing me out which probably doesn't help my blood pressure

GTKY: What is your relationship like with your mother-in-law​? it's ok. We have very different personalities. We get along but we also live 300 miles away. It's tough because I am so close with my mom.

@sejica I will say a prayer for your mil. That has to be tough to deal with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce 

Appointment updates? Appointment Friday. Dr mentioned sweeping my membranes at this appointment. It feels a little early to do that, as I'll be a couple days shy of 38 weeks, but my DS was born at 38w5d and was 9lbs 4 oz. So my dr thinks this one will be another big boy!

Any new symptoms or changes?  Baby is SUPER low, which makes walking very uncomfortable. We were in the car for probably 4 hours yesterday driving to/from my husband's grandma's funeral and I've never felt more uncomfortable. My lower back killed the entire  way back.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm officially over work. I've done all the prep to get things lined up for the person taking over my responsibilities, so now I just want to be done!

GTKY: What is your relationship like with your mother-in-law​? Better than it used to be! She's not like my mom. She isn't super affectionate or talkative, so it took me some time to figure out how to have a relationship with her. But now things are good!
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    @sejica I'm sorry to hear she isn't doing great. Praying for her. My dad has been in the ICU for 3 weeks (esophageal cancer complications) so I get the stress that's added on top of pregnancy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

How far along are you? 
    35 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Pineapple
    Appointment updates?
    Not for another week
    Same old same old. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    So over being pregnant. I'm ready to meet her already! 
    Pretty great! She is a sweetheart! Unlike my own passive agressive controlling mother. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    37 Weeks

How big is baby? 
    Romaine Lettuce

Appointment updates?
    Weekly appointments on Tuesdays. Curious to see if I'll be BStrep positive this time

Nothing new

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Just waiting for DH to get home from the deployment!! Getting impatient/nervous he won't make it in time.

We really get along. She has some annoying tendencies but she's an awesome Mimi. We also live far apart so I don't see her all that often. 
  • Options
    lizerspitzlizerspitz member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you @sejica for starting without me! I had the opposite kind of day.

How far along are you? 

35 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    My app says pineapple and BMO, a cartoon network character.
    Appointment updates?
    Wednesday I have an appointment and positioning + size (?) US. I don't know if its going to be the 45min-1hr US, but I'm prepared for that, if so. 
    I never mentioned my new peach-fuzz sideburns. I love them because they are so fair and soft and remind me of baby hair.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I was on a plane on Friday and today to be present for my baby shower. It was great seeing a small group of my family and friends. My mom asked beforehand if it was ok we not play games. I was relieved because some of these poeple I havn't been able to talk very much since my wedding 5 years ago. It was so nice to just catch up. And we got no duplicates! Returning items is not necessary! 
    I think my MIL is facinated by my perspective because shes lived around quiet people most of her life. She just asks me questions and I talk. I feel very spoiled by her when visiting because she is a fantastic healthy food preparer, often from her own garden. I hope that in the years to come I an learn lots from her. Shes a nurse so she is very open about medical stuff, which I'm often curious with.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    34 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Butternut squash I think 
    Appointment updates?
    Next appt I should Wednesday 
    Contractions are painful but still more sporadic than timetable.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 

we have a good relationship. She watches my DD 3 days a week and lives very close. I'm very lucky.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017