Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Chat ~ May 14

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend:)
Feel free to add to this post through out the week!

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself?

Re: Weekly Chat ~ May 14

• Options
    I can't believe we are half way through May!!

What are you looking forward to this week? I have a date night with DH planned for Friday so that should be fun. It has been a while since we have had a date night. 

What are you dreading? Just how busy and crazy it will be. It is always like this the last few weeks of school. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I need to start cleaning and prepping my room for summer. Even if I am staying in the same room it needs to be prepped.

Random thoughts? This time of year is rough. The kids are wild and our principal hasn't told what our positions for next year will be. I also don't know if I will have to move rooms. I am a planner and all this uncertainty drives me nuts!!!

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? Always Lula :) I'd also like a new pair of shoes and this Alex and Ani bracelet I've been eyeing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JennyColada - GL! I hope you get your BFP this week! :)
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter aw TY! I hope you enjoy your date night! Doing anything special? I'm also a huge planner and would literally tear out my hair with all that uncertainty!
  • Options
    @JennyColada - We have this charity fundraiser with cocktails and appetizers. It will be a nice excuse to dress up and have a kid free evening :) I am tearing my hair out :( It really is driving me crazy. I think I am going to stop by her office tomorrow and try to find out because there would be a difference in how I prep my room. I need to know am I packing to move or prepping for regular summer storage. Also, she still hasn't decided supplements and said previously that that would be done at the start or right before summer. I need to know. If I am not getting the supplement we could possibly start TTC as soon as next month. It is a lesson in patience for sure :/
  • Options
    @JennyColada good luck testing this week!!! Hope the puppy's surgery/recovery goes well!
    @glitzandglitter hope you get some answers soon so you can stop stressing!

What are you looking forward to this week? Vacation! Leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning!!!!

What are you dreading? Ugh the fact that I'm not in Mexico right now? Haha nothing to dread!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Doing whatever the eff I want!

Random thoughts? I'll be MIA while we're gone. We will probably have Wi-Fi but I plan to unplug and ignore the world. Hope everyone has a good week (and a half) and I hope @JennyColada has cause to ditch us for her BMB by the time I get back!  ;)

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself?
    Ooh I don't know that I have anything super specific just that I always want/need new clothes. I have eternal "I have nothing to wear" syndrome. 

**after re-reading my answers, I'm a braggy arse today. Sorry, not sorry**

• Options
    PS @glitzandglitter I have no idea what Alex and Ani is...off to Google to find something new to want/need!
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Alex and Ani is a jewelry company - mainly known for their bangles :)
    I hope you have a wonderful trip :) for what it's worth I'd be braggy too lol 
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter I went to the website, lots of really cute stuff!
  • Options
    @JennyColada Good luck with the testing and the recruiter! Hopefully the puppy's surgery goes smoothly!
    @glitzandglitter Yay for a date night! What sort of prep do yo have to do for the classroom? I'm not into Lularoe or Alex and Ani. I'm in a group for Disney fans and everyone I'm friends with in it likes both of them and I'm like "...meh". Alex and Ani actually has a collection exclusive to the Disney parks, including princesses, Star Wars, park icons, things like that.
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses That sounds like a great time. Have fun in Mexico! And you're not being a braggy arse, you're just excited :)

What are you looking forward to this week? Um. I have dinner in the crock pot? Oh, no, wait, I get to spend Wednesday morning at the DMV! YAY! How fun!

What are you dreading? We discovered that we never received the updated registration for our car when we got the permanent plates in the mail. So we have to go to the DMV to replace it. I can't go by myself because for some reason I'm not on the registration, and my husband won't be home in time to go, since they close at 4pm. Thankfully, our DMV allows you to make appointments.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I want to clean the house. My back and hip have been bugging me, so I didn't get much done this weekend.

Random thoughts? I'm in the process of trying to sign up for either Uber or Lyft just to try and get some sort of income coming in, because I'm, wait for it, STILL WAITING FOR HR. We also discovered a large, hard, painful lump on the back of my right hip. Some googling suggests it might just be hip bursitis, but I'm going to make an appointment to see my doctor about it, because I think that's where most of the pain I'm still feeling is coming from.

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? I want to get a sewing machine. I've been doing a lot of research online about maternity clothes and things like that since I'm home all day, and apparently it's next to impossible to find anything in my size. I've wanted to get into sewing to begin with, so this is kind of just the impetus.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I love the idea of making your own maternity clothes!!
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses Well, I'm a size 28. I've only found one or two websites that carry anything over a size 24, and they're ridiculously pricey. So that seems to be the best option.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I have a sewing machine but have zero skills. I could hem things, make a blanket or pillowcase maybe.  My grandmother could sew and she would sew me dresses - she was so talented. I really hope your dr has some answers for you about the bump. When are you going to go?

I have to do inventory of all the grade level assigned materials in my room/me, clear all counters, take down or cover all bulletin boards, stuff like that. I also like do do a good purge and throw stuff I don't need anymore away so I don't accumulate a ton of random stuff. I really think she might move my room though since she's been hinting at it so in that case I'd have to pack it entirely which is a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses JEALOUS!!!! Have fun
    @JennyColada hope everything goes ok with the pup
    @glitzandglitter enjoy your kid free evening 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @glitzandglitter My grandmother could crochet and knit just about everything! I'm giving it a few days to see if the bump goes away on its own, since it's possible that it's just swelling and irritation from either the shot on Tuesday or the excessive activity on Thursday.

That's a lot to do to take care of the room. Hopefully she doesn't make you move!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I've been MIA all week. I'm totally and completely overwhelmed. You guys are great so I'm going to try to hang out more this week!

@JennyColada, I'm going to be internet stalking you in hopes of seeing your BFP! Fingers crossed!!

@glitzandglitter, how frustrating not to know your position yet! I'm switching schools and have to pack up my classroom. I'm hoping you don't have to move! It's such a pain!

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses, have a blast in Mexico! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

What are you looking forward to this week? Honestly, not much. I'm having a hard time, so I'm sorry im being a downer.

What are you dreading? Daycare hunting for DS, packing up my classroom, and the massive amount of work to get done

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? It's the last week to get grades completed. My list is long and ugly!

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? I would love new makeup. I would like to get nice stuff rather than the cheapest at the store.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ omg the DMV yay! Hehehe. I need to do that too but I'm totally ignoring it.
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses I hope you have a GREAT vacay! I want to hear all about it but I also hope that you're too busy relaxing for bumping.
    @JNCPro3130 I'm sorry that you have to find someone new. :( it's ok to be a downer (and you're not being one by the way) because sometimes life is rough, especially when it throws us big curveballs!

Thanks everyone for the warm puppy (and BFP) wishes!
  • Options
    What are you looking forward to this week? My DSS is home from college for the summer, and I'll see him tomorrow. My last two finals are Thursday. I'm done with this degree Friday!!!! Commencement is Friday and while I'm not walking I'm going to support a friend who graduated with odds stacked against her. 

What are you dreading? Finals 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Not really just survive finals lol

Random thoughts? Drawing a blank

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? A new kitchenaide in pink is on the top of my list. Otherwise my Amazon list has some instapot accessories, books, cookbooks and some cds

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @JennyColada fingers crossed for a BFP!! And I hope everything goes well with your puppy!

@glitzandglitter so sorry that things are uncertain for you, hope you get answers soon!

@uterusesbeforeduderuses so jealous!!! Have a good time in Mexico!!

@dreamscapes_ UGH!!! I'm so frustrated for you about HR!! Also, really hoping the lump is just swelling and nothing else! And, sewing is so much fun!! You should definitely invest in a machine! I know a TON of groups on FB that center around sewing and even patterns, let me know if you want the group names! I'm not sure if any are specifically maternity clothes, but I'm sure some people would have suggestions for patterns!

@JNCPro3130 definitely not being a downer!! Totally understand how you feel. Good luck with everything :)

Looking forward to my weigh in on Tuesday! Sounds crazy, but I was SO GOOD this week!! I'm really hoping I lost at least a pound. Guess we'll see.

Dreading my weigh in just in case it's not as good as I hope for, haha. 

Random: Went to a Royals game today and came out pretty sunburned. But, it's a weird sunburn. The way my seat was, the sun was on my right side, so now my right leg is only burned on the outside half, and the inside half is still my normal pale white!!  :| It really hurts :( 

GTKY: a new wardrobe!! I feel like I don't have any clothes that fit me well and look good, mainly for work. I'm working on losing weight, but even if I lose I'll still need new clothes. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @JennyColada Fingers Crossed!! Hope your puppy is ok!
    @glitzandglitter Have a fun date night, dressing up is so fun.
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses Can't wait to hear all about Mexico! Enjoy!
    @dreamscapes_  I hate the DMV, Godspeed. Keep us posted on the bump, T&P it's just swelling and it goes down soon.
    @JNCPro3130  ((HUGS))
    @kindbytealikat Good luck on your finals, its so great when that's over.
    @CecilB93  Congrats on having a good week, hope you see progress. 

What are you looking forward to this week? The End

What are you dreading?  My mom has a massive surgery this week because she has a nasty case of cancer, and she'll be in the hospital for a couple weeks. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Keeping my sanity

Random thoughts? Besides keeping on Living the Dream ;)

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? Shoes and clothes mostly, but books too I read a lot and love new books.

• Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. I cornered her and got answers to some of my up in the air stuff. Still no word on supplements :( But I am moving rooms so I need to pack it all up. I really liked my room and didn't want to move but at least I have an answer and I can begin organizing and packing my stuff.
  • Options
    Weighed in today instead of tomorrow like I usually do. I was only down .8 of a pound. Granted, I did have a couple cheat meals this weekend because of Mother's Day and going to the royals game, so not too surprised it wasn't as good as I had hoped. But still a decent loss!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 that's great! If you can have those cheat days and even break even I call that a win, so to lose almost a pound is fantastic!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 Good luck with the daycare hunt! That's something I'm not particularly looking forward to once we finally get pregnant. You're not being a downer. *hug*

@JennyColada We HAVE to go, unfortunately. The registration we have for the car is the one from the temporary plate when we bought the car back in January, so it's been expired since February. The packet with the permanent plate didn't have the registration in it, so if we get pulled over or into an accident, we'll get a ticket for having an out of date registration (even though the tag on the plate is current).

@CecilB93 I called him again today, so he should call me back either tomorrow or Wednesday. The lump seems to have receded a bit, but it's popped up before, so I want to get it checked, just in case. I made an appointment (I've also been having clots when I get my period), but her first available was in July. I'll let you know once I do finally get a machine :) I've found a couple of groups that specialize in plus size patterns, but I haven't joined any just yet. Take care of the sunburn! I hope it stops hurting soon!

@LivingTheDream Thankfully, our DMV lets you make an appointment, so I'm going to do that tonight. FX that your mom's surgery goes smoothly and that her recovery is equally as smooth *hug* I'm sorry you and your family have to deal with that :(

@glitzandglitter That sucks that you have to move your room :( Hopefully the supplements will be decided soon.

@CecilB93 As far as I'm concerned, you're human and allowed to enjoy yourself :p I'm not a fan of the whole denial and shame thing that goes along with weight loss, but I've said that here previously.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ It's not about denial and shame. It's about balance and accountability. Nobody is shaming anyone for their choices but people are holding themselves accountable for choices they are not happy they made. As far as denial goes most, not all, see eating healthy as balancing healthy eating with treats. It seems to me you're shaming those that chose this lifestyle, and that's not fair because nobody is shaming those on here that don't. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    Puppy had a good surgery today! DH said that he got more stitches than we were expecting. Vet said that it was a little tumor (there was a small pea-sized growth that we noticed on the pup's leg a week ago). He's sending it in for biopsy so we'll know more in a few days. But in the meantime pup is resting on the couch successfully. Hug all your loved ones tonight folks, fur-covered and not. :)
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I never said you guys were shaming each other. But when people say things like "I was so bad today, I ate two cupcakes" or "I feel guilty because I didn't spend an hour running after work", it makes me squirrelly. I'm not trying to say that other people can't choose that path. I'm just explaining why I don't do diets. Some of the things I've seen you guys say on the fitness thread before I stopped clicking on it strike me as very negative. So I stopped reading it and this is only the second time I've commented on weight loss.

Here's the thing, though. I've been fat my whole life. And I mean fat. I was a size 18 in eighth grade and am currently a 28 at 360 pounds. It's caused by a combination of factors including PCOS, a genetic predisposition to obesity, and defensive weight due to things I dealt with as a kid. Just in the last nine months since my back pain has been going on, I've tacked on about forty pounds due to steroid medications and the fact that I can't exercise without pain. Throughout my life, I've had doctors tell me that literally every illness I've ever had, from bronchitis to a sprained ankle to my asthma to my chronic lower back pain is all because of my weight. And yet my blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, all are fine. I've had friends just assume that I'm working on weight loss, even though I'm not and have no desire to do so. One doctor tried to tell me that I needed to be on a 500 calorie a day diet. Another told me that I didn't have asthma, it was just my fat pressing against my lungs. So it just bothers me when I am personally someone who is legitimately fat and I see beautiful women like you guys who weigh literally less than half of my body weight saying that they're so unhealthy and they need to lose weight and all of that. I'm not trying to shame anyone for doing what they feel they need to do. It's your body and you're the one who has to live in it, so it's your decision. I'm just not a fan of the thin adulation culture.

However, I apologize and will keep my thoughts to myself on the matter from here on out.

In other news, I may have found out what that lump on my hip is. I have an appointment next week to talk to my doctor.
  • Options
    I definitely hear where you're coming from @dreamscapes_, and I think you bring up a really legitimate concern. I can't speak for anyone bus myself, but anytime I may say that I "feel bad" about something that I ate or that I'm "guilty" it's kind of facetious. I don't actually cry myself to sleep or lay awake at night lamenting that cookie that I ate. But it is also fun to celebrate when I am successful in meeting a goal that I set for myself (like when I passed on pizza in favor of my salad). It sounds like you've had some really poor experiences (not to mention some really shitty doctors!), so I can see why you may be more attune to hearing these things than I or others may be. I don't think that it's that you should keep your thoughts to yourself at all, I think it's really just understanding where others may be coming from with their words perhaps? And on the flip side, perhaps we all could also take more care in the words that we use (instead of saying that I feel "bad about not going for a walk today" I could focus on how I want to go on a walk tomorrow, etc.).
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I see what you are saying. I have started skipping that post not because of what others were saying but my own self thoughts about being hard on myself about not losing weight as quickly as I want to. 

What do you think the lump is? I'm glad you are going in to get some answers.
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter I think it's an episacroiliac lipoma. I've found very little legit information on it. Most of what I've found has been forums and chiropractic pages and stuff like that. But every time I googled "hard painful lump on back of hip", the colloquial name for them came up, which is "back mice". According to a paper I read written by doctors at Johns Hopkins, it's very easily misdiagnosed as chronic lower back pain or sciatica. The woman who was the case study in that paper had the same exact symptoms I have. According to that, it's very possible to get it treated with a series of injections and have it go away permanently. So I'm going to print the thing out and show it to my doctor and ask her if that's what it is.

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ I'm sorry for what you've you've been through. I wasn't attacking you and would never want you to feel you can't freely talk . On the flip side being shamed for my diet choices is something I'm sensitive about. So I am sorry I took it that way and that wasn't your intent. I agree with @JennyColada it sounds less or you've had some crappy docs. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat I honestly didn't think you were attacking, just that you were being defensive of your own choices :) The curse of the internet, you know? Diet choices and health and weight are, unfortunately, very touchy topics. I just wanted to explain why I have the stance on it that I have. At any rate, what happened to me is in the past and I have an excellent doctor now.

But anyway! I have a website you might like. It's run by a woman who scales down traditional dessert recipes (like creme brulee, cake, brownies, that sort of thing) so that they're for just a couple of people. I actually just made one and put it in the oven, so we'll see how it turns out in about twenty minutes.

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I will be checking that out!!! Thank you 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ I have never heard of that before. I bet it feels better to have at least an idea of what it could be. That would be awesome if it could be treated and go away forever :)
  • Options
    @JennyColada - Glad puppy's surgery went well! Hope the tumor is benign. :) 

@glitzandglitter - Yay for date night! I'm also a planner and having things up in the air absolutely makes me crazy. Sorry you have to move rooms. 

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses - happy vacation to you! (I know you're already gone, just really hoping you have a great time!) 

@dreamscapes_ - um, yay? Wednesday morning at the dmv? hope it goes quickly! I also second the sewing machine. I don't do clothes, but I do quilt, and I love it SO much. THere's something so satisfying about designing it all and knowing it's an original. You can get a good one still relatively cheaply!

Also, as a medical librarian, SUPER proud you found a case study with the exact same symptoms you currently have! 

@JNCPro3130 - last week of school! *happy dance* hope you can get grades wrapped up without too much trouble. 

@kindbytealikat - good luck with finals!!! You got this!

@CecilB93 - Yay, weight loss! .8 is awesome with "cheat meals"! 

@LivingTheDream - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! What kind of cancer (if you don't mind sharing)? Could the surgery be curative? 

Sorry I've not been posting, ladies- I have been lurking, but work has just been crazy. Stealing a few minutes this morning to chime in!

What are you looking forward to this week? I'm doing a 5k on Friday! Second ever and first in 18 years, and I'm fairly positive I won't be the last person in my age group!

What are you dreading? This is both a looking forward/dread: my FIL is coming to town! I love my in-laws a lot, but we have a small apartment and I work from home. So I don't love having company when things are really busy at work (like now). Hoping he and DH are going to this event on Saturday and they'll be out of the house all day. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Stupid little things, like cleaning my bathtub that I put off forever because I HATE to do it. 

Random thoughts? Not every medical problem in life is caused by being too fat. and how crappy that people have thought that! For the record, I'm above my optimal weight (by about 40 lbs, but this has been a problem since high school) and I've had people telling me I shouldn't be trying to get pregnant because every evil that can befall a pregnant woman (pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes) is bound to happen to me. What's unsaid behind that statement is "Hopefully you're not ovulating so you can't get pregnant, and if you somehow do get pregnant before being at your optimal weight, you must not love your potential baby enough to get yourself together". It wasn't my OB-GYN, but I work in the medical field and it was from people who should have known better. 

GTKY: What is on your wishlist for yourself? Honestly, a vacation. So jealous of @UterusesBeforeDuderuses right now!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 The medical world can really suck sometimes. I generally have loved my OB but after I had my son I had PPD she tried me on one medication and when i wasn't tolerating it well she kept trying to get me to stick with it because the other medications will make me gain more weight. I almost left her after the second time she told me that and seemed  to care more about me being fat than my PPD/PPA

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @catlady2015 PM sent

ETA: Plus i'm sorry you had to deal with that. ((HUGS)) People can be real dicks sometimes.

• Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited May 2017
    Kate Spade just started their Surprise sale today! Up to 75% off! https://surprise.katespade.com