June 2017 Moms
Options

FB page

2»

Re: FB page

• Options
    delujm0delujm0 member

As a member of the FB page, and someone who does a lot of this on mobile, I have to say I think it's a LOT easier to deal with TB on mobile than FB.  I find it kind of annoying to look at the FB posts that have a lot of comments because of the way the FB app only shows you the most recent ones and then you have to go back and load the previous...where as on TB everything is right there.  I still participate on FB, but I definitely side-eye people who "can't find the time" to post over here but claim they would be totally valuable and constant contributors to our FB page.

The ONLY way that being on FB mobile is easier than TB on mobile is if all you want to do is AW your own posts and don't care about going through anyone else's posts to participate and offer support.  And we don't have time for that behavior from people we don't even know or care about.

I guess there is one other way that being on FB is better than TB, and that is "if you just want access to real names and personal information so you can spam us with LLR parties and/or steal our identities."

• Options
    I have posted to some threads! apparently just not the "right" ones?? Not saying I am "too busy" just that's this site is not always cooperative for me.  Also, I don't even buy LLR, so no need to worry about that issue. Not a big deal, I just thought it would be fun to join! I will still post here on occasion as I see posts that interest me. And I am in no ways upset. I thought the reactions to me were pretty funny to be honest. It is a group.  If your page is secure then I don't know how I would pose a threat anyway!  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have posted to some threads! apparently just not the "right" ones?? Not saying I am "too busy" just that's this site is not always cooperative for me.  Also, I don't even buy LLR, so no need to worry about that issue. Not a big deal, I just thought it would be fun to join! I will still post here on occasion as I see posts that interest me. And I am in no ways upset. I thought the reactions to me were pretty funny to be honest. It is a group.  If your page is secure then I don't know how I would pose a threat anyway!  :D

It is secure because randoms aren't allowed into a social forum where you can access sensitive information.  You can literally see where someone works, who he/she is in a relationship with, who his/her kids and family members are, birth dates, well... basically everything you need to pose a threat. It screams stranger danger to me that someone has little interest in building relationships in a forum such as TB where personal identity is more protected, but then immediately wants access to a very open forum like FB. I have the safety of young children to consider.  If in fact you are a mother with young children, I'm sure you can understand that concern. 

Also seconding that FB is absolutely no easier than TB in terms of time commitment.  
  • Options
    lmc929lmc929 member
    @erinh84, @delujm0 and @Wino0920 - or anyone regulars for that matter. Can someone vouch for me on the the legit facebook? The admins think I haven't been a participant here which I find odd. I have been here and active since the TTGP board. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    delujm0 said:

As a member of the FB page, and someone who does a lot of this on mobile, I have to say I think it's a LOT easier to deal with TB on mobile than FB.  I find it kind of annoying to look at the FB posts that have a lot of comments because of the way the FB app only shows you the most recent ones and then you have to go back and load the previous...where as on TB everything is right there.  I still participate on FB, but I definitely side-eye people who "can't find the time" to post over here but claim they would be totally valuable and constant contributors to our FB page.

The ONLY way that being on FB mobile is easier than TB on mobile is if all you want to do is AW your own posts and don't care about going through anyone else's posts to participate and offer support.  And we don't have time for that behavior from people we don't even know or care about.

I guess there is one other way that being on FB is better than TB, and that is "if you just want access to real names and personal information so you can spam us with LLR parties and/or steal our identities."

All of this. The fact that FB groups are so annoying to use (and, yes, I've participated in several over the years) is one of several reasons why I'm not joining any of the FB groups. I cannot comprehend how anyone thinks an FB group (where there's no title making it much more difficult to quickly browse posts and decide if you want to participate; if you refresh the page or log out or close the window or go to a different page before coming back, all the new posts reset so you have no way of knowing what you've already read or what has new comments; there's no way to jump quickly to the latest comment you haven't seen; etc.) is easier than a forum. 

Thinking back to the other FB groups I've been a part of, I can tell you with 100% confidence that posting, reading and interacting through a FB group would take much more time out of my day than doing it through this forum. 
  • Options
    lmc929 said:
    @erinh84, @delujm0 and @Wino0920 - or anyone regulars for that matter. Can someone vouch for me on the the legit facebook? The admins think I haven't been a participant here which I find odd. I have been here and active since the TTGP board. 

What?! That's weird. I for sure recognize you and think you've been a regular participant. 
  • Options
    I'll vouch for @lmc929, too! 
  • Options
    ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited May 2017
    I would consider @lmc929 a very regular poster. I recognize her much easier than I do some others who are in the fb group!
  • Options
    lmc929 said:

Seconding @Stankonia2014 - Quite literally the only reason I opened the mucus plug post was because I saw your SN.
  • Options
    I vouch for @lmc929!!!
  • Options
    @lmc929 PM your fb email :)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    erinh84erinh84 member
    lmc929 said:

girl, you legit in my book.
  • Options
    Hi all, like @lmc929 I'm encountering the same thing re: the FB group - having been told I haven't posted enough recently.  To be fair, I was told if I posted more I would be allowed, and I know April was slower for me, but I also find it confusing and odd since I've been active since joining our BMB and TB in December as a FTM and some weeks are busier with work and not feeling well.  Definitely bummed and wanting to join if you'll have me.
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    I will vouch for @sparrow I always notice when she posts because I have a friend IRL nicknamed Sparrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @itsfine @FSUNole31 I vouch for @sparrow as well. Definitely recognize the name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited May 2017
    I asked about @sparrow in the FB group and got mixed feedback which is why I told her to post more.  @itsfine and I tried to go back through posts and see who consistently posted month to month, if people were more sporadic we did ask in a thread about certain people to see a general consensus.  We tried to make it as fair as possible. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    I asked about @sparrow in the FB group and got mixed feedback which is why I told her to post more.  @itsfine and I tried to go back through posts and see who consistently posted month to month, if people were more sporadic we did ask in a thread about certain people to see a general consensus.  We tried to make it as fair as possible. 
    I don't doubt for a second that you and @itsfine do the best and fairest job. It's not one I would want.

i do recognize sparrow. I will vouch for her. 
  • Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    I missed this FB posts... I'm sorry.  Definitely not trying to be FB police, because I do NOT want that job, was just saying I recognized her from posting often.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I appreciate the back and forth and the support @EmeraldNC @merrylea @Wino0920.  And @FSUNole31 I'm sure it's not an easy position you're in and I appreciate having more context and also your efforts with @itsfine to make the FB a secure place. 
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    @sparrow I sent you a PM.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    I also felt like I had posted enough, though sporadically, since the very, very beginning of October, and didn't make the cut. I was bummed because I'm still in my FB MoM group from TB as well as my birth month board FB page from my girls. They did tell me to post more and they'd reconsider, but people had already made remarks about "non-regulars" starting to post more only to get into the group. I didn't want to be seen as that person. As suspected, the board has died out a lot since the FB group started. Ah, such is life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    Would love to be included, if you'll still have me!