December 2017 Moms
Options

Everything food and drink.... 5/8

Whats in the menu this week? 

Re: Everything food and drink.... 5/8

• Options
    Recently I had a craving for  sushi and I've decided to eat the cooked version just in case. Anyways so backing up to last week when I had a craving  for seaweed salad I looked up if there were anything major for pregnant women to be aware of and I guess there is iodine in seaweed. And I think there is iodine in sushi rolls?!? I looked it up and there is just under 100 mcg of iodine in a roll and pregnant women shouldn't go over 220 mcg according to the internet. 

Anyways being worried about this shit is exhausting...... luckily this is only the first food craving I've had to look up this pregnancy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your pita sandwich sounds good. I'm Greek and love the feta !!! 
  • Options
    I had a sub (from a respectable deli) yesterday and it was glorious. And I kept it down! 

That pita does sound awesome @peachy13
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @peachy13, I'm also struggling with meat the past week or so.  It's a bummer because we typically have a protein and a veggie for dinner.  I may have to try your pita idea!

Teacher appreciation week was last week at my school and they fed us breakfast and lunch everyday.  Things like taco bars, bagels, etc.  I did not eat as well as I would have liked, so this week I am trying really hard to do better.  I packed a big salad for lunch with spinach, pecans, cheese, blueberries, strawberries, and a homemade vinaigrette.  I am looking forward to it.   

Dinner tonight is supposed to be salmon and I already don't want it.   :'(

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @peachy13 @kaylawing I'm struggling with meat too. It's not digesting well! That pita sounds amazing. I had a cucumber feta and tomato salad with a side of tzatziki sauce and pita for dinner last night. So good but the sauce was loaded with garlic and I felt it for the rest of the night. Garlic is not my friend anymore :( 
  • Options
    I am having the hardest time eating anything sweet or chocolate. Which is a real bummer because donuts are my favorite. And my spice/flavor tolerance is way down this week so I'm pretty much only good with bland things
  • Options
    I found that I love Italian ice and popsicles especially the fruttare all fruit ones.. Those don't make me feel like running away.. Yeah I agree with everyone on the meat thing.. My husband told me I can be vegetarian all I want once baby is born. 

• Options
    Triscuits with garlic jack cheese and spicy hummus. Maybe some cherry tomatoes. Yes!  It almost stopped me from barfing last night. Almost. 
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    All the food still makes my stomach roll. Leaving now before I get sick.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Struggling with veggies and proteins.  I'm finding that fruits, at least the ones I want to eat (strawberries and clementines) are causing heartburn.  I may have to just start force-feeding myself.  I usually eat so well.  :(
  • Options
    Lots of vegetables. I can't get enough of avocados (my SO thinks they're okay, so I usually limit the avocado meals to 1-2 a week. Now that I'm pregnant I eat more avocado, on bread, in salads, on tortillas). Tonight (Amsterdam time zone) I had sajoer beans, an Indonesian dish: rice, green beans, peanuts and spices.

I had quite the appetite today. One of my co-workers is from the Antilles and she brought awesome homemade hearty pastries. Another co-worker had a work anniversary and our employer treated everyone to a sweet pastry, a so-called tompouce. I ate quite a lot of it (the yellow filling is baker's pudding), but am definitely more into hearty stuff, fruit and vegetables.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @FakeFinn I need that right nooooooooooowwwwww
  • Options
    FakeFinnFakeFinn member
    edited May 2017
    @breezybee they're pretty good! Especially the pudding/custard in the middle! I'm pretty sure that it'll be spoilt, were I to send you one, but I did find this recipe in English (don't know if it's any good though) https://bakingbreadrecipes.blogspot.nl/2011/12/delicious-tompouce-recipe.html It's not immediate gratification, but if you enjoy baking it's not that hard to make! :)

ETA: I now notice the egg yolks. Other recipes don't require that, but I can't find them in English!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Everything is hit or miss now. I just had baked potatoes for dinner because it was the only thing I had that didn't sound gross. DH works 2nd so i only have to worry about DS and me. That makes it easier at least.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    So chicken spaghetti sounds really good now! So I'm making it. Hoping the carbs and the rotel will help! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rachswirachswi member
    I'm already hitting the "I can't handle weird consistencies," so now my husband has to eat the leftover Jambalaya because I can't handle the texture. 

Everything is hit or miss for me too. Chocolate and coffee sound awful. :'(
  • Options
    I have found myself in the 'nothing sounds appetizing' camp. Like never. No cravings. Not sick. But just nothing ever sounds good, and worse - nothing ever tastes good.

I usually love food, I'm not picky and generally eat well/healthy. I really miss enjoying food!! I'm finding this very frustrating!!
  • Options
    vhill74vhill74 member
    I almost started crying today when I got to work because all I wanted was iced coffee from Starbucks and pancakes! I couldn't leave so I made do with water and gummy bears.... I was NOT happy. 
  • Options
    jperk3jperk3 member
    Today has been the bad day for food.  I woke up and had some saltines this morning. Then I had a small bag of chili cheese fritos and then I got sick.  Then for lunch I let my husband have my leftover burger from last night b/c I just didn't feel it.  Then had a bowl of watermelon.  That ended up not staying in my tummy very long.  for dinner I tried eating new england clam chowder and some pretzels with my ginger ale and so far I am actually feeling ok for the first time today.

I had a craving a couple weeks ago when I HAD to have chocolate chip cookies.  I love food and lately, esp today, nothing has been sounding great today. Doesn't help that I was up last night on my bathroom floor and then been visiting the floor twice today.
  • Options
    I made banana pudding. Mmmmmm
  • Options
    Don't let LO trick you into thinking you want spicy.. Lol you really don't  :s
  • Options
    Today we had steak tacos a la Home Chef. Not impressed. So I went to McDonalds and bought a vanilla cone. Delicious. I also shared a turkey hot dog with my DD (SHES EATING SOLIDS!!! HOORAY!!). And a grilled cheese sandwich. And an iced caramel macchiato. #noregrets

This week, we have curried lentils and something else from Home Chef, we get our box from Blue Apron on Wednesday (don't remember what we ordered....). Tomorrow I'm skating in the morning so I'll probably have Noodles & Co for lunch (because their mac n cheese is the best). I went grocery shopping today for some reason. I think I'll make spaghetti squash and turkey bolognese at some point and freeze the leftovers. I also bought french toast bread.... Don't go grocery shopping alone when your cravings are just picking up. At least I didn't buy a bunch of junk food!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All I want is carbs. Meat makes me want to vommmmmm.... but carbs give me heartburn. I don't know which is worse.....  :'(

Me (29) DH (31)
    TTC Since 2015
    IUI #1-3 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI - BFP - EDD 15/12/17

• Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I never drink coffee. I am pretty much off caffiene and feeing miserably tired during the day. I decided this morning to stop and buy a white chocolate Caramel mocha. Omg! Best thing I've had in my mouth in forever. I'll be regretting it soon. 

Ive upped my diclegis and taking full advantage.  :p
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vhill74 Ok, an iced coffee sounds amazing right now. I totally hear you on the near crying out of wanting something. With DS, I had intense cravings, and would get so angry/agitated/near tears if I could not fulfill the craving. It was crazy.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    I got jimmy johns today, a club lulu sub.  It has turkey and bacon on it.  I know I shouldn't eat this but it was the only thing that sounded good and so far has stayed down.  I ate half so far.

meh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    @jackiesmom324 I LIVED on fruittare Popsicles during the first tri of my last pregnancy. They are so good!!
  • Options
    Recently I had a craving for  sushi and I've decided to eat the cooked version just in case. Anyways so backing up to last week when I had a craving  for seaweed salad I looked up if there were anything major for pregnant women to be aware of and I guess there is iodine in seaweed. And I think there is iodine in sushi rolls?!? I looked it up and there is just under 100 mcg of iodine in a roll and pregnant women shouldn't go over 220 mcg according to the internet. 

Anyways being worried about this shit is exhausting...... luckily this is only the first food craving I've had to look up this pregnancy. 

I've never heard of this. Iodine is an essential nutrient, and some pregnant/nursing women don't get enough: https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20080201/can-us-shake-iodine-deficiency-risk#2

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    I saw a sign for prime rib the other day and it's all I can think about lately.. Probably a good thing because I got my labs back and my red blood count was low. No wonder why i've felt light headed. Probably need to up my iron!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've pretty much just been eating alllllll the carbs. I try to squeeze at least one serving of fruits and veggies but carbs is the only constant I can stomach. 
  • Options
    I cannot stand anything Italian right now. Just the thought of the red sauce and cheese, blegh. I also usually love Mexican street corn (elote) and my husband went to get tacos the other night and got me a side of elote. I ate one bite and just the smell of the cotija cheese made my stomach turn. I can still smell it every time I think of it  :s

I have very intense cravings where when I think of it I. Need. It. Now. Other day was a burger, then a bagel with cream cheese, then canned peaches, so bizarre.
  • Options
    @cait5413. I tend to binge eat on one type of food until I'm sick of it so I just have to be careful. I can eat the same thing for weeks sometimes. Anyways here's another article to look at 

https://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/new-studies-focus-iodine-during-pregnancy-how-much-too-much

If you ate things in moderation you should be fine! 

• Options
    I HAD TO HAVE mac n cheese tonight. Stopped by the store to pick some up and ended up leaving with ice cream, candy, a soda and cereal. The candy is for my kids (I ate half my son's gummy snakes the other day), but I can't get enough of the sweets. The ice cream will eventually make me feel like crap bc I'm lactose intolerant, but I just couldn't say no! 

Side note: I don't usually splurge on sweets, subbing in fruit is an awesome way to get the sweet without added sugars ;)
  • Options
    I was craving a Trader Joe's Flatbread pizza with burratta, arugula, and prosciutto. I usually only eat 3 slices (it has 6), but before I knew it, I ate the whole thing. Now I feel so yucky. I like, seriously couldn't stop myself. Now the thought of anyfood makes me want to barf. 
  • Options

I second the sushi cravings, but don't trust the places to keep raw/cooked separate. I'm buying some stuff this weekend to try my hand at sushi rolling bc it's Mother's Day on Sunday and that's all I really want! 
  • Options
    Anyone craving ice? 

@KathrynJ088 maybe you can go to one of those places where they make it infront of you 
  • Options
    @jackiesmom324 I sometimes do..just beware - that sometimes is a sign that your iron is low 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17