September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12

Talk to me, bumpies. 

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12

• I just sent an email to my boss with a novel's worth of doctor's appts and PTO requests.... oops.

But my Ob's office suggested I schedule my next several upcoming appts if I want specific times (eg, I try to be in and out before 10 so I only have to be a little late to work). So I'm scheduled through then end of July. I start with every two week appts in July (as opposed to every 4 weeks now). That seems crazy to me.

Also, what I really need in my life right now, and I think moving forward, is ridiculously soft maternity leggings/lounge pants. I have two pairs of leggings, one from Destination Maternity and one from Old Navy, but neither one is really soft. 

STMs: after giving birth: will I want full panel maternity wear for around the hospital and going home, or will the panel bother the crap out of me if I have a csection?
  • winerenwineren member
    @jena333-2 My first appointment with the OB I scheduled every single one through a week after my due date. 15 appointments. I think my supervisor appreciated it even if it took us a good 1/2 hour to get them all in her OUTS book. I also go every two weeks starting in July and then every week starting mid August... I actually have four appointments in August because of how the days fall. Eek!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jena333-2 something loosely fitting would/is my preference...I think I did lounge pants?! Gap has some soft comfy options
  • I had so many plans for things I needed to accomplish today. I've done approximately 10% of it. I need to hit that "nesting" phase early because the room that is going to be the nursery is still what I refer to as "the room from hell" because it's where all the packed boxes from moving in are still sitting. Ugh
  • @jena333-2 I feel your pain!!! 

My SO's mom (who I literally see at least once a week, sometimes more) commented yesterday that every time she sees me I just get bigger and bigger and bigger. It's like, gee.... thanks.  :|
  • Talk me down or tell me to go for it... 

I can get two of those stretchy car seat canopy/nursing scarf things for $25 after shipping with a code I have... worth it? They're normally $50/each on this particular website. I've always used a Muslim swaddle blanket, but these seem so cute and convenient.... 

<><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @awildrose I say go for it! Also, are you able to share this website and secret code? I remember seeing something like this on Shark Tank and made a mental not that I wanted on when I got pregnant. Now I can't remember...
  • I was told my butt was getting bigger by two separate people.... I'm going to cry.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • A local radio show was talking about this as today.  I wonder if this is how the LO feels about my current skittles addiction?

@Ae_Lovely321 Ick for 17h travel days.  I hope you got a LOT of rest!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • labby18labby18 member
    @MrsVP614 fun fact DH met Bristol and her husband Dakota Meyer, who is a purple heart recipient, when he was in Alaska last year. 
  • Why can't I find a dress to wear to a wedding next week?
  • sarahufl said:
    Why can't I find a dress to wear to a wedding next week?
    I just got a cute purple plaid sleeveless shirt dress from target. Super cute. 
    my Target has a very sad selection and, of course, I waited too long to order something
  • @awildrose I say go for it! Also, are you able to share this website and secret code? I remember seeing something like this on Shark Tank and made a mental not that I wanted on when I got pregnant. Now I can't remember...
    I think you're talking about the Milk Snob. My friend just bought it for me. Super excited about it!
    https://www.amazon.com/Milk-Snob-Multi-Use-Coverage-Breathable/dp/B071NLTC4F?th=1
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sarahufl said:
    Do you have a Motherhood near you? I got a cute dress for a wedding there. My Target also has a terrible selection, so I go to Motherhood or Old Navy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    sarahufl said:
    I recently was looking to see if Rent the Runway offered maternity (they don't from what I could find) but I did stumble across this site that's similar and maybe you'll have luck through them? 

https://borrowforyourbump.com/

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• MrsVP614 said:
    Bristol Palin's baby #3 was born yesterday. Her name... Atlee Bay. 

Is...is Atlee even a word? 

• @LosAngelesMama That is exactly what I was thinking of. Thank you!
  • ***Lurking from F17***
    I hope you don't mind the intrusion, I pop in here to peek on a former bmb buddy, but I noticed you guys use spoilers to put your pictures in and I'm curious to why you do that? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @DPandMB!! That makes sense. I wish we did that for at least the ultrasound thread, my phone took forever loading all those, and sometimes I would give up. I was thinking maybe it kept "the bump" from being able to take those photos and use them for whatever purpose they give in the terms lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CarebellaCarebella member
    edited May 2017
    I've wanted it to be naptime almost since we woke up this morning. Oh, and the switch to colostrum has happened now. I'm curious if DS will want to keep nursing with the change. 
  • Carebella said:
    I've wanted it to be naptime almost since we woke up this morning. Oh, and the switch to colostrum has happened now. I'm curious if DS will want to keep nursing with the change. 
    Whooaaaaaaa I can't wait til mine start to express a little..

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: