Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms- Week of May 1

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly trimester check-ins so those with experience can chime in!
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: Randoms- Week of May 1

• Options
    srh18srh18 member
    edited May 2017
    I had a quick question about glucose tests--how long before you ladies got your results back? I did the one hour test on Monday and still haven't heard anything. I'm only 11 weeks, they tested me early due to multiples. I keep going back and forth between thinking they just don't have the results yet or they're so bad they don't want to tell me, which I realize is insane and In no way true. Haha. I left a message today with my OB with no call back. TIA!
  • Options
    My place said it takes about 4-5 days. 
    I got a call a week after I took the test, but I would guess that it varies place to place. 
    11 weeks is very early. I am carrying multiples too and I tested at 26+5- I failed by 10 points. I took the 3 hour 29 week+1 and passed.
    does your doctor plan to retest again later on? 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    srh18srh18 member
    @Colleen0516 thanks! 4-5 days is a better window...I was assuming I would get next day results. Congrats on passing the 3 hour!! I'm carrying triplets and I have PCOS, so my OB wanted to test to be safe. I'll have another around 18-20 weeks, she said. 
  • Options
    4-5 days?? mine was hours, i was barely back to work by the time the nurse called me with the bad news
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    byrnemebyrneme member
    edited May 2017
    I just realized I left my glucose test today without knowing when I'll get the results! Sounds like anywhere from a few hours to a week lol
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    I called my midwife after a few days and she said it's fine, she was waiting till my appointment to tell me but would have called immediately if it was bad news.
    No news is generally good news but I'd follow up if I were you.
    Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Ugh! I'm at a regional conference thing this weekend and I've had so many comments that I'm so small for 31 weeks.  I know people are just trying to be nice and probably mean I'm not looking fat, and luckily I've had enough scans that I know I'm measuring on the large size with a big baby and lots of fluid.
    But don't they realise how concerning it can be to tell a first time mother that they look too small?!
  • Options
    @nellin-2 I know people hate being told how big they are too, but I was in the same boat as you being told how small I was. People at work couldn't tell I was pregnant until 8 months.A neighbor saw me at week 37 and jaw dropped when I said I was due in three weeks (he thought I was maybe 6 months) I actually delivered wk 38!
    Don't know what advice to give you as I too felt like maybe I was doing something wrong/ took it personally,  but I gained 43lbs! during my pregnancy,  just tiny to begin with, but the comments still made me question myself

I will tell you the  upside is after baby born, even though I am still up 20lbs, I still get jaw drops for having just had a baby and looking so thin LOL! So you have that to look forward to because that doesn't feel bad at all
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Can totally relate about the being small comments.
    Even doctors commented that I hide my baby well. Not feeling any movements didn't ease the concern!
    I moved countries and my neighbours were shocked when the sign got put up in my garden that Pia was born. They all think she was premature, but she was only 11 days early.
    People comment, if your big, small, round, carry low, carry high, ... try to not worry as your LO grows well inside.
    And yes, the one positive thing is as @2legbsby said that once the baby is out your pretty much back to regular clothes, just a wobbly belly.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    byrnemebyrneme member
    I hear ya @nellin-2, I never thought I'd be someone that carried small but I am. I'm almost 29 weeks and get the 'look of shock' when I tell people that. Guess I just have a long torso? I know that the baby is measuring fine (last appointment he said I should be 26/27 and was 28 so that's good) but still. I'm very much enjoying being pregnant and ready to really look it! I'm sure I'll be eating those words in July lol. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I've been monitored fast more than a normal pregnancy so I know I'm measuring on track or above.  I'm 31 weeks and I've gained 22lb which again is in the middle of the recommended weight gain given my starting weight/bmi. I haven't tried to 'watch my weight' other than generally trying to be healthy. 

I just wish people would just say "you look great" or healthy. I know many people get comments about looking "too big" and those people can get stuffed as well! The only people qualified to talk about whether we are too big or small are medical professionals with access to our medical records!
  • Options
    when did all of you get rid of left over meds and paraphernalia from IVF or IUI?  I finally broke down and check the dates on my gonal-f in the fridge and discovered it was all expired like a month ago.  i still have all my other stuff in the living room where i used to give injections.  its weird even tho i am 8 months to think i should just throw it all away.  im sure like the gonal-f i had its all expired but still its like throwing out a complicated chapter in my book or something.  of course there will be another round when we go for #2 but who knows when that will be.

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @rmarble23 I donated the follistim to my re's office at 8 weeks (graduated from there) since we have 2 frozen embryos and don't plan to stim again.  The other mess, I haven't even looked at or thought about.  When I read your post, I felt the same about just throwing them away.  Maybe I will ask my OB if she could use them or find a local re to donate them to.  But you are correct, it seems weird to just get rid off them since they've been a part of my life for so long.
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I got rid of my gonal-f when I moved from one country to another at 8 months.
    My gonal-f by then was out of date, and as it been partly used it wasn't possible to donate.
    The progesterone I used up all, they gave me just enough. 
    The ostrogen tablets I actually still have in the little toilet bag I carried with me all the time (I had suppositories for progesterone, so carried both medicine with me like that.)
    My little girl turned 6 months May 1st :)
    Even now I remember I still have it (as I forgot) I can't seem to get rid of it. Neither can I get rid of the bag with positive pregnancy tests and positive ovulation test. Weird how that works.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I just recently did a clear out of my entire medical cabinet and took everything expired or not needed (ie leftovers from ivf) to the chemist for safe disposal.  It's not good to put drugs in the rubbish (especially sharps!) as someone could find them and they can cause issues in waterways if you flush down the loo. 
  • Options
    @tvh1982 i have my + pee stick too in a drawer right next to half a box of unused ovulation tests