TTC After a Loss
Options

WTF Wednesday 5/3/17

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday 5/3/17

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    @vlagrl29 a huge WTF indeed! I have two pre existing conditions- IBD and I'm a female...
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I am scared too. My little one was born with a chd(congenital heart defect) and had ohs(open heart surgery) plus a disability. We are in major trouble. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@dpjennifer @amberruka @SP128 I feel like the universe is laughing at me sometimes

@mack2342 hope you feel better soon!

@vlagrl29 @jchpg @rklinge0  I still can’t wrap my head around how discrimination against a pre-existing conditions like this is legal…

• Options
    @vlagrl29 I've been sick over it all day and I have my own employer sponsored insurance. It's just another attack on women and those with less. It's disgusting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with you all on this insurance.  I have insurance through employer but I pay a lot for it.  My DH is a type 1 diabetic, we would be screwed. We already pay a lot for his meds each month.  It's just disgusting.  It's a long process to get it passed.  I hoping that it doesn't pass as it is currently written. 
  • Options
    MimoCaMimoCa member
    Everything this new government does is ridiculous..... buffoons.
  • Options
    we've been on aca for 4 years now and I had to wait to have my hernia surgery until the pre existing thing was protected because it was a pre existing condition!  If by some god forsaken miracle we get pregnant again - I don't want it to be a pre existing condition because that's what it was before.  FB was blowing up about it yesterday so I did my own reading about it.  I didn't find anything that said pre existing conditions wouldn't be covered but insurers will be allowed to charge more premiums for those that are high risk and some may even have to be in a high risk pool - whatever the heck that is.

As it is now from what I understand the senate needs to pass their own version of ACA and then merge both together and put up for a vote.  You bet I'll be keeping a close eye on this.  Healthcare has been my #1 issue for a long time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For those that had an ultrasound before your miscarriage, did the office bill your two ultrasound differently? After 5 months, I got my follow up appointment ultrasound and they billed it as non ob, so they charged $50 more. I called to question but it's Friday afternoon so now they are reviewing it. The lady at customer service seemed confused, too. 
    Just wondering if this is standard?  
  • Options
    MimoCaMimoCa member
    @rklinge0 I never received any bill, also I'm not even sure if my insurance realize I'm no longer pregnant....