Natural Birth

Suggested books/advice to prepare for a natural birth?

Hi all,

Anyone have suggestions on books to help get you ready for a natural birth? Classes? What techniques/advice was helpful to the success of your natural birth? Any tips/tricks?

Thanks!

Re: Suggested books/advice to prepare for a natural birth?

• Ina May books I have been reading one of them. 
  • I am doing Hypnobirthing the Monegan Method.  The book is an easy read and is wonderful.  Hypnobirthign takes a lot of commitment and practice so it is not for everyone.  I have read that a lot of people like HypnoBabies which is another method of hypnobirthing.  Good luck!
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Natural Hospital Births. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • My reading list right now: 

Joyous Childbirth Changes the World by Dr. Tadashi Yoshimura
    Birthing From Within by Pam England/Rob Horowitz
    The Natural Pregnancy Book 3rd Ed. by Aviva Jill Romm
    Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I highly suggest Bradley Classes! It was one of the fondest parts of my first pregnancy and it lead to such an awesome birth experience! 

With th that said, i recommend Natural childbirth the Bradley way, husband coached childbirth and ina may gaskins guide to midwifery  
  • see8esee8e member
    If you're a Christian, Christ-Centered Childbirth by Townsend is wonderful! It's available on Amazon. 
  • The only book that really spoke to me was "Mindful Birthing" by Nancy Bardacke.  It didn't say anything about how my birth "should" feel, and I really liked that.  I did like "Natural Hospital Birth" as well.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" and "Birthing from Within" were my favorites.