TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In Week 5/1/2017

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week 5/1/2017

• hdaleyhdaley member
    It does get a little slow around here with only 3 active threads

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• Sounds good to me 
  • Loading the player...
  • I vote yes for wtf Wednesday!
  • I agree!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. See signature...
    2. Status?
    CD 11, but probably won't O for another week. First cycle TTCAL after being benched 9 months.
    3. R/R?
    I'm with @msstephanielynn - can we just fast forward to the weekend (when my fertile window starts).
    4. GTKY: What is the best and worst parts of your job?
    I'm a veterinarian.
    Best part - saving lives! What could possibly be better than that?!
    Worst part - seeing animal victims of abuse (neglect or cruelty). That and the constant stress of making life or death decisions in and out every day wears on me. Some days I wish I had a job that didn't have any "life or death" matters, but most days, I know I'm exactly where I need to be. This does make it hard relating to people outside of my field though, because when people in other careers complain about work, their struggles to meet a deadline, or how tough things are for them, I just want them to realize how trivial those things are in the scheme of things since no one is at risk of dying. I never say anything because I realize these issues really are significant to them. Nevertheless, I've realized that this has made it difficult for me to relate to people at times... 
    :/
    With that being said, it's been nice seeing some of your perspectives about your jobs and I definitely feel like I can relate to many of you (drama, politics, long commute, treatment not working, etc.) and that's made me realize that it's not like there's a competition for who has the "worst worst" - right? I think that I just wish that I had such a great career that the negative aspects really aren't that bad. However, there's an unfortunate reason why veterinarians are the most likely of all professions to commit suicide. We pour our hearts into our work, but the work burns us out.

(Sorry for the long, debbie downer GTKY response!) I think my main point was that I am glad to see that I can relate to so many of you because I've had such a hard time relating to other people's jobs over the past few years.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • @weareturtles - love your perspective! where did you go to vet school? (my cousin was a research something vet at UC Davis for a while and I know you're in CA). Sort of similarly, because of my job and training I get really irritated when people try to talk about water or deny climate change. Science and facts do NOT LIE! And in the very large grand scheme of things what I do is life and death... (the university where I teach does lots of humanitarian projects in developing countries and tries to bring clean water to as many people as possible)
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @weareturtles I'm so glad there are people like you to take care of all of the animals. I could never do your job. It would be too hard on me seeing abused/neglected animals or to loose them after working so hard to keep them alive. My pooch is going to the vet tomorrow to be spayed and this fur mamma is really nervous! I can't wait until it's over and I know she's ok. Now to just keep a 6 month old bull terrier pup inactive for the next 10-14 days. Lol. 

@ladipale I'm so glad for our scientists too! I always said if I could do my life over again I would go into the sciences. I marched in my state month at the science march. It infuriates me when people disrespect the environment. Taking care of the only planet we have shouldn't be a political thing. It should be a priority to everyone. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @weareturtles Seeing abused/neglected animals would be awful.  
    I feel grateful for how the 'negatives' of my job are more nuisances and not that bad.  I used to work for a cemetery and working in the death care industry is much more intense. It definitely puts more perspective in other job/career situations!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• tlq0726tlq0726 member
    edited May 2017
    @weareturtles THANK YOU for loving animals!!!  I just lost my first "real" fur baby right after Christmas, and it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through up until that point.  I still cry about it sometimes and miss him everyday.  
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker