September 2017 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 5/2

Why are you the way that you are??

Re: TW Tuesday 5/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 it just kinda stinks somedays...especially today... literally. I've got ten bucks on my daughter pooping her diaper when we get home... I feel it haha
  • Options
    @klcarr19 I wish I could send you a gift and present for everything you do!! I grew up in a family of teachers (I didn't go that route) and I've heard some sad stories about parents,etc. Sooooooo thank you for all that YOU do everyday! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @iheartichi thanks :) I feel as if it's not about the gift aspect it's like "do you realize how much we do here???" My daughter's day care teachers are treated like royalty from or family. In fact tonight she's is coloring a picture of a poem to give them. Because respect that's why. 
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 Paras should get a darn month... and they should get all the damn things... mine are freaking amazing and I don't know what I would do without them! 
  • Options
    @klcarr19 You are an awesome teacher. I can tell from the way you talk about your class. It's not a big gift, but Chipotle has buy one get one burritos for teachers today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @klcarr19 we do the same with our daycare teachers! I see a lot of parents just drop their kids off without saying a word and it bothers me. You're right, it's all about respect. I say thank you to them each and every morning, and we bring them little gifts, too. DS actually stops by each of his old classes each morning to get hugs and say hi. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @klcarr19 That is so sad!! You would think that the parents would know and understand how much hard work goes into caring for and educating people with developmental disabilities. It really takes a special person to do that. 
  • Options
    @basherbaby Yes!!! Sometimes I just have to leave the forum because those video ads drive me so insane. And it feel like they slow down my computer.

@angeladowns1 One day, you should transfer all of your money to your savings account and let his checkcard get declined at one of these places! Bwahahaha! Seriously though, it sounds like the fact that you're about to lose some income for a bit hasn't hit him yet. Maybe feed him Ramen for dinner a few times or something?? He needs to wake up! I also hope you get well soon. I don't know if anything worse than being sick and pregnant at the same time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    @angeladowns1 I completely understand where you are coming from. I would try to continue to talk to him about he situation but if he is unwilling to control his spending and you do decide to go back to work, I'd consider opening a second checking account without his name on it so that you can at least monitor your own spending and savings without worrying about him eating up the money he is getting and the money you are earning as well. 
  • Options
    @angeladowns1 I'm sorry you feel so poorly, and your DH isn't helping. :disappointed: I hope you feel better soon, and that your DH gets his act together!

My TW is my OB's nurse practitioner. She's very competent, and I actually know someone who had her deliver her baby in an emergency situation, so I'm comfortable with her skills, but I've always felt like she's rushed through my appointments. Until now that I'm high risk. Now she's super nice, and has all the time for me. I want to believe it's just because she wants me to be reassured, but my sinking feeling is that it's because now I have something going on that interests her. 

• Options
    @mrs_tacos I would be a little taken aback by that as well. I truly hope that it's only because she wants to be reassuring to you. I feel like with my appointments the OB's are always just in and out and onto the next patient and I understand but sometimes I'd like to be paid a bit more attention to. 
  • Options
    @klcarr19 I'm a general Ed teacher, and I love my SPED teachers! I would often be at a loss of how to best accommodate a student without their expert advice. So thank you for all that you do. Happy teacher appreciation week! FYI, Chipotle is offering free food to teachers today after 3 PM. 
  • Options
    klcarr19 said:
    @bridge-and-wall and @CoastalMomma thanks! I've been meal planning around chipotle today! Haha. MOMMA WANTS SOME GUAC!! And being a self contained teacher, I sadly don't get to spend much time with general education teachers which is really sad. My students require high levels of care and supervision. I am dual certified so I've been both General and special ed at some point in my career. We are going to Target tonight and DH if I promise to be frugal with money I can look at clothes for the baby... haha. Man this guy appreciates me since we already have like ten totes of baby Girl clothing from DD! 
    I.... I think I love you.... 
  • Options
    @klcarr19 my oldest is in special ed part of the time and I think they are all amazing with him. I think they are understaffed though that would be my main complaint. You have a job that should be appreciated for sure!
  • Options
    @Incandescent That sounds so unpleasant!! Thankfully you realized what it was! Blech!! 
  • Options
    My TW would be the dead mouse I found under my kitchen sink. We get mice from time to time, but haven't gotten any for quite awhile so my traps have just been under the sink not being checked. Well my house started smelling really bad. I was wondering if it was me, was it my kids... was there poop somewhere? Lol then I remembered the mouse traps.
    There is simply no worse smell...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My TW today is the guy at work who asked me "wow, how many pounds have you put on so far?" not that many, asshole
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 Whaaaaat??? How does an adult not understand how invitations and RSVP-ing work? This blew my mind, lol! And her saying that she doesn't know how to RSVP through snail mail blows my mind too. Maybe she didn't read the invitation?? Did your friend say, "there was a link on the invite! You don't have to mail anything!" I wonder if she's shown up unexpectedly to wedding she before? Lol!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    @hmclaren woooooow what a douche. Has he ever been in a relationship with a woman ever?Who says that?! And also it's how we are carrying it too. It doesn't take a lot of pounds centered in the tummy to make one look round.
  • Options
    New TW... HG... it made me lose all my appreciation meal from Chipotle.. my God will I ever get over this!  :s
  • Options
    stephy_p said:
    @divinemsm620 Whaaaaat??? How does an adult not understand how invitations and RSVP-ing work? This blew my mind, lol! And her saying that she doesn't know how to RSVP through snail mail blows my mind too. Maybe she didn't read the invitation?? Did your friend say, "there was a link on the invite! You don't have to mail anything!" I wonder if she's shown up unexpectedly to wedding she before? Lol!
    I am baffled as well. As I said to my friend, I was confused for about a minute and then I was the third person to RSVP. The odd thing is that the SIL is in her 40s so this will not exactly be her first shower...