February 2016 Moms

picky eater

Anyone else have an incredibly picky eater? Jacob used to eat much better, but lately it seems as if he could care less about eating. Some days he don't eat much more than a couple of bites of stuff I know he used to like. He still gets 2 bottles a day since I stopped breastfeeding at a year. Idk, I'm afraid he's gonna starve himself. He still poops and has plenty of wet diapers. He is also teething. we give him a buffet at every meal and it is so hit or miss. Hows your Litle tot eating?

Re: picky eater

• Right now we are going threw the same thing!! But Liam's getting his k9s so I'm sure its teething related for us.he's only eating a small amount but he's nursing ALOT mostly at night. Most of his food he just tosses in the floor
  • smn14smn14 member
    We had the same. I spoke to a health visitor and she said they won't starve themselves and that it's very common with teething. My LO has lots of phases. At the moment she will eat anything, last week she basically lived off breadsticks! Strange creatures! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know. We have our 15 month appt on May 18th and I'll def bring it up then. I think it's teething too. Jacob is living off oatmeal and yogurt. Last couple weeks, it was sweet potatoes and pears mixed and bananas. 
  • It can be so stressful, even when you know logically that this kind of behavior is usually normal/OK for their age group.

I probably give in too easily when he's rejecting food and grab him crackers or bread, which he'll almost always eat. Another thing he almost never rejects (probably because it soothes his gums): frozen fruit. Especially raspberries. At least I don't feel too guilty feeding him that, since it's healthy.

Living off oatmeal and yogurt really doesn't sound too bad. Those are two healthy options! Side note: have you tried sneaking pureed veggies into his yogurt? I have also stooped to that level...and it did work. :-p
  • @=caenis= no I haven't, but I Love that idea 
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited May 2017
    Smoothies are a hit so far :) I made a smoothie with blackberries raspberries blueberries strawberries and pineapples and bananas and some plain unsweetened yogurt and whole milk and he has drink it like it's the best thing he's ever had. Tomorrow I'm going to try to add veggies :)
  • I put avacodos pinanpple spinach kale and a little coconut milk (w ice)in blender and liam LOVES it(its basically the avacolda from smoothie king)
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited May 2017
    @taitai82 that's awesome! I added spinach and kale to the fruit and he loves it. I'll try that recipe. It sounds yummy!
  • I forgot to say a squeeze of lime juice as well.I don't really measure but its a half avacodo and a hand full of spinach and kale mix a few slices of pineapple.I just taste test it and add as needed.sometimes I put a little agaua nector(or a teaspoon of sugar) if its super bitter