October 2017 Moms

Monday BFest 5.01.17

2»

Re: Monday BFest 5.01.17

• @sdarling2010 Oh no! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I can only imagine how much I would not want people walking on my new floors with wet or muddy shoes. Haha! My SD has a softball game tonight and it's been raining most of the day, but they haven't decided if they're calling it off yet. *sigh*

@melarowan I'm on the other side of the mountains from you - Olympia area. It's been dreary for weeks over here! I need the sun! :frowning: Friends of ours were in Yakima a couple weekends ago and said it was warm and beautiful, I'm so jealous! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @beezeemarie I feel you on the perfectionist front lady. I'm sorry you are dealing with that right now. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    beezeemarie I hate when that kind of stuff happens. I'm so hard on myself with work stuff. Try to keep your head up.

• @Smartin90 thank you!! Luckily we will have ping pong in the garage and a tent on the deck just in case. I haven't decided if I'm making people remove shoes or not ... we don't normally wear shoes in the house but it can be a pain to make everyone else do it, especially when it's 30ish people. If it's raining, then probably off. Fingers crossed the softball game for your DS isn't rained out tonight!! 

My BF - we just went grocery shopping for everything for the Cinco de Mayo themed party on Saturday and dinners this week. And of course DD and I were starving afterwards. Nothing I bought was easy to throw together for lunch so we got Taco Time. My pregnant self is enjoying it but I hate spending money eating out after stocking up!
  • My BF: I am 18 weeks in and barfing all the damn time. It's not getting any better. I'm sick pretty much every day from about 4pm till I fall asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night to puke. And then today is my birthday, and I have vomited 12 times. TWELVE. I know I'm not supposed to compare pregnancies, but this is absurd. My first was nowhere near this bad. It's bad enough having to work on my birthday, but being pregnant sick on my birthday is the icing on my shitty day cake. I am literally eating ice chips for lunch. :(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• @SMartin90 ... I'm in Olympia, just moved to Oly proper a few weeks ago after a few years in east Grays Harbor county.

• azerimamaazerimama member
    edited May 2017
    @melarowan I'm in Puyallup! And I work in Lakewood! We should meet up sometime!!!! Western WA mama meet up!
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• beezeeebeezeee member
    @laeberge3 @jessafishy @ariz17 thanks for the support, ladies! It'll work out, it's just stressing me out today.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • mrs_fogue said:
    @feeislovenot to excuse his behavior in any way, but I fully believe in sympathy symptoms.  Especially those on the hormonal/emotional side.   
    He would have pitched a fit even if I wasn't pregnant. He's just that way sometimes. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sdarling2010 Yeah, 30 people might be a bit much to manage. I'm gonna hope for good weather! :smile:

@melarowan Oh for petes sake, pregnancy brain is stinking REAL today. Lol. Don't mind me, I had my east and west all kinds of screwed up. :weary: It's been a long day...
  • migdalamigdala member
    @azerimama I'm sorry it's so rough.  I'm 16w and so far my nausea has also stuck around and is pretty much constant.  A friend of mine was super sick until 20w and then it got a lot better, so I'm holding onto that and hoping it does actually get better even though it hasn't yet :/
  • yasandsonyasandson member
    edited May 2017
    mrs_fogue said:
    @feeislovenot to excuse his behavior in any way, but I fully believe in sympathy symptoms.  Especially those on the hormonal/emotional side.   
    This. When Hes hormonal, when apologizing to make me laugh he ll just say, "your hormones get to me" or "im sorry im being such a d, i have my periods too". 

Ugh to dieting while pregnant. H has been cooking a lot lately. Nothing with carbs, no fries (he uses the t fal actifry (no oil) for mine and regular deep fryer withgood ol oil for his)... Ever since being preg ive been happy every other day because hes at work and i. Finaly. Can. Have. All. The. Food. 
  • My DH is the target of my BF today.  He's complaining about how he needs to organize the garage as his next project.  This was brought up when we were starting to clear out/organize the spare room for the baby.  He was in a cranky mood about it (mind you, I spent all of yesterday cleaning out the room, packing up storage boxes for the garage, etc) AND made a solo Costco run in the afternoon (you know, the BEST time to go).  We've lived in this house since 2009...he could have started this waaaay back.  But now that there is a kid on the way it's an urgent matter.  

I should note that he has a tendency to start projects, finish half of it before starting something new.  

He was in a cranky mood all day yesterday.  I didn't feel sorry...not like he didn't have time to at least get started.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Brambles23 i feel you. DH will take forever talking about how he should get on x project, be a bitch about the moment he has no choice but to.... And abandon said project (which i will have no choice but to do myself)  
  • My BF #1 is that I have a terrible cold again. This is almost 4 weeks of being sick. I do t know where one cold ends and another begins anymore. I'm so congested I can't sleep at all and my Dr said there is nothing g safe to take. I'm grumpy and miserable. 

BF #2 I'm in FL and my job might change my sales territory to the west coast. FML. 

BF #3 DS is fully potty trained for pee, but refuses to poop in the potty. Today, he pooped in his underware at school so I have a lovely bag of poop clothes to clean...again. Sorry so many, bad day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @carrie2018 I hate the stress of outdoor parties and weather. Plus, I'm one of those people who doesn't like shoes in the house and it's impossible to stop everyone during a party, which always stresses me out lol. I hope you wind up with great weather! 

@mrs_fogue My DH has been meat obsessed lately too and it's totally grossing me out. I normally love meat, but this pregnancy I'm just not into it. 

@dumbledoredies that sucks. I would be upset too, I just pain stakenly chose an airbnb place and would freak if that happened. Maybe the other people can take her brothers confo?
  • @melatowen I love vacationing on the west coast, just don't want to be on work calls until 8/9pm EST every night and traveling so far for meetings instead of just day trips, since I have DS. 
  • My colleague that sits behind me NEVER says good morning when coming in after me. I think it's so rude and awkward. When I walk in, I say good morning to those around me. It's the polite thing to do. It annoys me greatly.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like just 1? Or 1 and some change? DD2 has been having whole grapes since like 18 months. She has been eating solids Like not purées but solids since 7months. She can eat them fine and I keep an eye on her. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

Image result for parenting fails
  • @carries2018 she's 16 months and only has about 4 teeth. I wouldn't be so against it if she had back teeth , but she doesn't! I'm just overprotective I guess!
  • My brother in law and his girlfriend gives their 1 year old whole grapes and mini tomatoes, and thinks that I'm lying when I say that she could choke.  And now they are acting mad and offended because I called them stupid... Sorry not sorry  :|

I'd be mad / offended if someone called me stupid.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • @dogperson11 when you argue against evidence and call it a lie, that makes you pretty stupid.
  • @dogperson11 when you argue against evidence and call it a lie, that makes you pretty stupid.
    That's true, but it's still pretty rude and childish to actually call someone stupid to their faces, so I can understand why they would be mad / react poorly. If I have a friend who turns her kid forward facing at 1 year old and I call them stupid that pretty much ends the conversation and puts them on the defense. If I take the time to explain reasons why to keep the kid rear facing (or I keep my mouth shut) then I salvage the relationship which allows for further conversation down the road.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • My DD is 20 months and I cut all of her food, especially grapes..I'm probably obnoxious about it but she only has 6 teeth..no molars. Molars..if she ever gets any... will be a game changer
  • Over 2.5 here and I cut grapes, and only recently stopped with blueberries (which I know was overkill). I'm overly paranoid.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My girls like fruit more when it's cut up anyway so I keep cutting up everything!  No worries for me, and they eat more.  Win win!  (Except a bit more work for me which is lame but worth it considering the results)