LGBT Parenting

Hello!

Hi, all! New here, wanted to introduce myself. no babies yet, but have frozen embryos and are planning on transfer end of May: our first as I couldn't do a fresh transfer after IVF. 
DW and I have been married for two years tomorrow. 
27 years old, one previous loss with no explanation
unicornuate uterus, so chances of preterm labor and c-section are higher than normal 

hope to get to know some of you and be a partner of this great community!

Re: Hello!

• Hello there! Nice to meet you, my wife and I have been together for 5 years and just had our son in October. Hope to hear more about your journey to conceive!
  • Hi there! My wife and I are beginning our conception journey this year, so I'm on bump getting my feet wet with the online community.  Welcome and best of luck for you!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm glad this board is starting to get moving again!  DW and will have been married for 5 years in Oct.  We are currently expecting via IVF.  I can't wait to hear about everyone's journey!

****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Just had our first IUI in March and currently 6 weeks.  Best of luck with your transfer.  
  • @acu_baby wow, on your first try! Congrats!! That gives me hope :) 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

•  Apparently my family is very fertile.  My mom asked me if happened on the first try and when I said yes she high fived me and called me her kid.  My 2 sisters and I are exactly 2 years and 1/2 a month apart. I don't think she had any trouble getting pregnant when she wanted.  I also have 4 nieces and nephews.  

I wish you the best of luck but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen the first time.  Any reason why you went straight to IVF? 
  • We're going with IUI first.  I'm always going to be hopeful but definitely know it's normal to have it all take some time.  

• acu_baby said:
     I wish you the best of luck but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen the first time.  Any reason why you went straight to IVF? 
    If I was going to pay a substantial amount of money, I wanted to be able to have a higher chance of pregnancy from the get-go, plus have embryos for future kiddos. I lost a baby from an at-home IUI, so that could've had something to do with it as well. I would NEVER do it again, honestly, because the egg retrieval was awful, but I am thankful this is the route we chose. It might not be the right one for everyone, but the ease of the transfer is incredible. It takes a lot of stress off! 

• Holzie said:
    I'm glad this board is starting to get moving again!  DW and will have been married for 5 years in Oct.  We are currently expecting via IVF.  I can't wait to hear about everyone's journey!

@Holzie: Congrats on your pregnancy!! Did you do PIO shots? Those suckers terrify me...
  • We're going with IUI first.  I'm always going to be hopeful but definitely know it's normal to have it all take some time.  
    @lazyornghousecat: Fingers crossed for first time luck!! Keep us posted!
  • acu_baby said:
    Just had our first IUI in March and currently 6 weeks.  Best of luck with your transfer.  
    @acu_baby: ACU as in....Abilene? If so, heyyyyy from a fellow Texan! 
    Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope you're feeling okay and not too sickly :(
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    Hi! I just got pregnant via reciprocal IVF (my wife's eggs, my basket), and just got my BFP the day I turned 40. This was after two years and many, many tries with my own eggs. My wife is 38 (pretty old in fertility years) but had a solid response. We transferred two fresh, and we have two frozen, waiting on genetic test results for our snowflakes.

I'm sorry for your loss, and sorry you had a rough retrieval. Did you have OHSS? 

My wife and I have been married 3 years. We started TTC pretty quick, given our ages. I'm beyond thrilled by our BFP, and crossing my fingers for good beta results tomorrow (second beta).
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)