Saturday Ticker Change 4/22

For mamas with due dates of August 5, 12, 19, and 26

sorry for missing last week!

1. How far along are you?

2. How big is baby?

3. Any upcoming appointments this week?

4.  Any new symptoms?

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?

6. GTKY: what is something you can't seem to finish, baby related or not?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 4/22

• Options
    1. How far along are you?  24 weeks!  Viability day lol.

2. How big is baby?  A cantaloupe 

3. Any upcoming appointments this week?  24 week checkup on Wednesday

4.  Any new symptoms? Some back pain, but not too bad.  So much movement, and loving every second of it!

DH is on a health kick now, apparently.  He's doing our entire meal plan for the upcoming week, following some diet plan he discovered.  Lord help me, lol.

I have hundreds of pictures of DS and just can't seem to take the time to organize them into photo albums.  They are just sitting in piles instead.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kristenk727 Organizing and actually printing photos is definitely a struggle!

23 weeks!
    2. How big is baby?
    A papaya, and per Ovia baby is the size of a chinchilla :)
    Not for a few weeks, had HB check this past week and all was well
    4.  Any new symptoms?
    Not that I can think of
    Raves- while my skin is still dry (I complained about this a few weeks ago), I have found decent results with exfoliating AM and PM then using Argan Oil. It has made such a difference and I no longer look like a leper. 
    Rant- Still not sleeping great, keep waking up between 2 & 4 and have a heck of a time trying to fall back asleep. 
    Laundry. I have goals to finish it all but ultimately end up leaving a load to be folded, another load in the dryer, and more that I haven't even started. Can't imagine what it'll be like once baby is here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 22 weeks

2. How big is baby? an ear of corn 

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? regular OB appt. I'm hoping to get the results of my anatomy scan. I have a lot of questions about my shorter than normal cervix (at least I think it is) :/ 

4.  Any new symptoms? I started feeling legit kicks and punches last Sunday. DH felt his first kick today! 

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? working out is getting harder and harder. I feel like I have to peel all the time when I'm running or walking at a fast pace. I need to invest in a maternity workout belt. Any suggestions? 

6. GTKY: what is something you can't seem to finish, baby related or not? I'm making a Minky blanket for this LO and start on cutting the minky but can't find a good fabric for the back. Our JoAnns has a limited selection of black and white fabrics so I may have to search online. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options

1. How far along are you?  22 weeks

2. How big is baby? Spaghetti squash

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? None this week. Go in next week for another scan

4.  Any new symptoms? Acid reflux is so bad I've been waking up in the middle of the night. I changed my diet yesterday and it made a big difference. I really think it's the carbonated beverages that I just don't seem to be able to lay off of!

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? None 

6. GTKY: what is something you can't seem to finish, baby related or not?  A book!  I'll start one and just don't finish it. And I love to read but it's just hard now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow what did your cervix measure? I had mine measured at 17 weeks and it was 3cm. I think anything less than 2 is considered short? I get nervous because I run a lot as well and (prob irrationally) think that all that bouncing can make it shorter. I wear a Gabrialla support belt, but it doesn't help with the need to pee feeling   :/

1. How far along are you? 23w2d

2. How big is baby? Grapefruit. Over a pound hopefully!

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? Nope

4.  Any new symptoms? I feel like I could complain about so many things, but yet a lot of the time I think I feel pretty good! The bladder and abdominal pains are definitely the most irritating. I can't remember to be too irritated with my forgetfulness! I also am having some foot pains after running or standing a lot - I think I need more support with this extra weight.

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? I want my brain back! My focus and memory have left the house. 

6. GTKY: what is something you can't seem to finish, baby related or not? Photo organizing is the worst! I love interior decorating, but I always give up on the final details because my 4 year old always removes anything that is light enough for her to lift. I'm hoping once the bulk of the bedroom work DH and I are doing I will have some mental space for wall and mantel decoration. 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 22 weeks!

2. How big is baby? Spaghetti squash

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? We have our monthly prenatal appt next Monday. 

4.  Any new symptoms? Nothing new. Perhaps I'm getting a bit more tired these days, but no where near what I was feeling in the first trimester. Baby is also kicking a ton and he loves to kick my bladder. I feel like I have to go all the time but then only a little comes out. I'm sure that's only going to get worse, but I'm glad that he's active or else it would probably give me anxiety lol. 

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? Started checking out daycare centers last week. I feel like it's so overwhelming because there's a lot to think about. And when you read reviews about places, you see good and bad, and I'm just not sure what to believe. 

6. GTKY: what is something you can't seem to finish, baby related or not? My baby book/journal. I was all over it when I first bought it but now I'm finding it hard to keep up with. Most of it will probably be filled out after baby arrives at this point. 
  • Options
    @donehue Mine was 3cm as well (at 21 weeks) and I hear ya on the irrational fear! There is no way this hill training is helping the situation. Unfortunately my OB said she read the report and looked at the scan and they did not actually measure my cervix. I don't trust her because the tech said, "ok now I'm going to measure your ovaries, cervix, and amniotic fluid" and I know what ovaries and amniotic fluid look like. Glad to know 3 cm is normal because my OB just brushed me off today. *sigh*
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    Always late with this!

25 +3

2. How big is baby?
    Cauliflower 

None this week, but I did schedule myself a prenatal massage for friday!

4.  Any new symptoms?
    Lower back pain! Its killing me

Sometimes I just want a different set of inlaws! Mainly a different mother in law, she drives me batty sometimes

Can't seem to get my house in order since we moved in January.  DH tried doing it but didn't put things in the right spot!
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    24+3
    2. How big is baby?
    a cantaloupe 
    nope
    4.  Any new symptoms?
    Leg cramps keep waking me up at night.  I am trying to up my water intake to see if that helps.
    We have finaly started to get some spring weather and it is amazing.  We had a picnic at the lake Saturday and went skiing (DH and DS I just watched) before the resorts closed Sunday.  DS went down a green run for the first time which was a fun way to end the season.  It was the perfect spring weekend.

I am the worst at starting things and not finishing them.  I love to make a plan and list everything that needs to be done and then I stall.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    23 + 3
    2. How big is baby?
    Grapefruit
    Next week :)
    4.  Any new symptoms?
    Just feeling the baby so much more!!!
    I am struggling with shoulder pain after sleeping on my side. It lasts all day!
    Cleaning my house! I have high hopes then midway through I lose motivation.
  • Options
    23+3

2. How big is baby?
    grapefruit

Regular checkup Friday morning!

4.  Any new symptoms?
    No. 

I really enjoy feeling the baby move. Puts my mind at ease and DH gets so excited he can feel her moving. 

um most everything I start. Unless it's a book or tv show. I just try to do too many things at once and become distracted. 
  • Options
    Any one else starting to notice some swelling?  I live in the south and have noticed that some of my jeans are getting tighter around my calves and a few times my wedding rings have been a little tight to remove.  Ugh, not ready for this part.  With my last I was so swollen in my legs up past my knees!  I could hardly squat down.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sgrant432 I haven't noticed swelling as I wear scrub pants daily. I have notice my calves being particularly sore though after long weeks on my feet. My ankles were a little swollen last weekend but I want to chalk it up to being on my feet in a fast paced environment without being able to sit all day. As far as my muscle soreness, I'm going to try to increase my water intake as I know pre pregnancy that lack of water could cause it. Hopefully you find some relief for your swelling!