1st Trimester

FINALLY PREGNANT ??!

Hi! I am new here , so let me give you a little back story . 

My husband and I got married in 2014 and I went off of birth control a month later . We weren't exactly "trying" at that time , but we weren't preventing . Fast forward to late 2016 and we decided that we actually wanted to start trying . We tried and tried and nothing . The dr who I was seeing at the time was not helpful , so we decided to switch Dr's. In September 2016, he prescribed metformin and my dosage was increased a few months after I began taking it. I was on the metformin because my periods were not regular . After a month or 2, they decided to regulate. Still no pregnancy.

Last month , I was prescribed 15mg of clomid, along with the metformin. My husband and I followed the timing instructions given by my Dr. I started OPK on CD11 and on CD16 and 17, I had smiley faces. I had a progesterone test done on CD21 and my Dr. Said that I hadn't ovulated (my progesterone was a 5). I was so devestated . I cried and told my husband that this list isn't meant to be . He said "we will keep trying ." I just knew that my period was coming ..achy lower back , breakouts, achy boobs. I kept waiting and waiting . 

My period is 5 days late (last month it was 4 days late). This morning I decided to test , because I just felt like something was telling me to . Luckily , I had some clearblue tests on hand. Today is CD31 and this morning I got 3 positive pregnancy tests !!! I am nervous/scared/excited and in disbelief!!! My hubby says that I should wait to see what the blood test says . I have to wait to call my dr. On Monday , since today is Saturday . I am in a panic and don't know what to think ! After months of heartbreak it seems so unreal !  It just feels so weird to say "I'm pregnant" and to think that there is a baby growing inside of me . 

My question is ..since my Dr. Office told me that I hadn't ovulated , is it possible that they just didn't do the progesterone test at the right time ? 

Re: FINALLY PREGNANT ??!

• Is it possible the times the test wrong? Sure. Unfortunately, there's no way any of us here can know if the timing was right or not. Are you temping and charting, or only confirming O through OPKs? OPKs can give false positives/you can have a positive without actually ovulating. The only way to truly confirm ovulation is with temping your basal body temperature. If you are not pregnant this cycle, I suggest picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  

• I mentioned that I had BFP yesterday . I've taken 8 pregnancy tests since yesterday and they are all positive . I'll be calling my Dr . Tomorrow morning. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I am new here , so let me give you a little back story . 

My husband and I got married in 2014 and I went off of birth control a month later . We weren't exactly "trying" at that time , but we weren't preventing . Fast forward to late 2016 and we decided that we actually wanted to start trying . We tried and tried and nothing . The dr who I was seeing at the time was not helpful , so we decided to switch Dr's. In September 2016, he prescribed metformin and my dosage was increased a few months after I began taking it. I was on the metformin because my periods were not regular . After a month or 2, they decided to regulate. Still no pregnancy.

Last month , I was prescribed 15mg of clomid, along with the metformin. My husband and I followed the timing instructions given by my Dr. I started OPK on CD11 and on CD16 and 17, I had smiley faces. I had a progesterone test done on CD21 and my Dr. Said that I hadn't ovulated (my progesterone was a 5). I was so devestated . I cried and told my husband that this list isn't meant to be . He said "we will keep trying ." I just knew that my period was coming ..achy lower back , breakouts, achy boobs. I kept waiting and waiting . 

My period is 5 days late (last month it was 4 days late). This morning I decided to test , because I just felt like something was telling me to . Luckily , I had some clearblue tests on hand. Today is CD31 and this morning I got 3 positive pregnancy tests !!! I am nervous/scared/excited and in disbelief!!! My hubby says that I should wait to see what the blood test says . I have to wait to call my dr. On Monday , since today is Saturday . I am in a panic and don't know what to think ! After months of heartbreak it seems so unreal !  It just feels so weird to say "I'm pregnant" and to think that there is a baby growing inside of me . 

My question is ..since my Dr. Office told me that I hadn't ovulated , is it possible that they just didn't do the progesterone test at the right time ? 
    It's unlikely that the hpt's are all wrong, so congratulations. Like PP said, unless you were temping or getting ultrasounds to confirm ovulation, there's no way to know definitively when/if you ovulated, but 8 positive hpt's are a pretty good indication that you did and now you're pregnant. There is still a chance that it's a chemical pregnancy, but only time and your RE and OB will be able to tell you that for sure. Check out your birth month board for other women due the same month as you.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • First off , I find your reply very rude . What are you a Dr? I would hope and pray that no one would tell you "there is still a chance that it's a chemical pregnancy." After you'd been trying to have a baby for quite some time. Like wtf? If you have nothing nice to say, then get the hell off of my post!
  • I mentioned that I had BFP yesterday . I've taken 8 pregnancy tests since yesterday and they are all positive . I'll be calling my Dr . Tomorrow morning. 
    QFP

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Unfortunately, OP, you do not get to dictate responses. You asked for opinions which none of us can give you, seeing as MOST of us aren't OBGYN. And even those who are legally cannot tell you either. 
    Secondly, I am sorry you've had trouble conceiving, and I hope that your further tests from your dr confirm. However, I'm fairly certain that even with the women who haven't gone through years of infertility worry about MC or a chemical pregnancy, as its VERY real. She was not by any means trying to upset you, just trying to point out that there is always that possibility. 
    Lastly, there are other communities that are 110% sunshine and unicorns, so TB may not be the right vibe for you if you're already offended by the science.

Good luck. Happy/healthy 9 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • She said nothing wrong.  It's a reality that could possibly happen - as it does to many, many women.  We don't hope it happens to you.
  • meggyme said:

It's unlikely that the hpt's are all wrong, so congratulations. Like PP said, unless you were temping or getting ultrasounds to confirm ovulation, there's no way to know definitively when/if you ovulated, but 8 positive hpt's are a pretty good indication that you did and now you're pregnant. There is still a chance that it's a chemical pregnancy, but only time and your RE and OB will be able to tell you that for sure. Check out your birth month board for other women due the same month as you.
    The above statement rubs me the wrong way. I support leading OP in the right direction with previous suggestions but I do not agree with making a statement like the one above to scare her. We have enough worry with pregnancy without reminders of what could or could not go wrong. 
  • meggyme said:

The above statement rubs me the wrong way. I support leading OP in the right direction with previous suggestions but I do not agree with making a statement like the one above to scare her. We have enough worry with pregnancy without reminders of what could or could not go wrong. 
    *still lurking*

i get where you're coming from, but I think she's just trying to drive home the point that going to the doc to find out results is best.
  • Basherbaby 

Totally agree. 
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • would it be better for everyone to tell her that she's definitely pregnant and there's no chance of it being chemical? 

just because you were on clomid doesn't mean it worked textbook perfect. you could've ovulated later or the implantation could've been delayed, or it very well may be not viable. i had both happen to me and it sucks but it's a very real possibility. it's Tuesday so i'm assuming you called the doctor already,
    hopefully you have this straightened out becuase the waiting is the worst part 
  • mrszoess said:
    would it be better for everyone to tell her that she's definitely pregnant and there's no chance of it being chemical? 

just because you were on clomid doesn't mean it worked textbook perfect. you could've ovulated later or the implantation could've been delayed, or it very well may be not viable. i had both happen to me and it sucks but it's a very real possibility. it's Tuesday so i'm assuming you called the doctor already,
    hopefully you have this straightened out becuase the waiting is the worst part 
    That's not at all what I'm suggesting. If you will see above, I stated that I agreed with leading OP in the right direction with previous suggestions (charting, TCOYF, seeing a doc). I believe this can be done without pointing out the obvious worries that I'm sure all women have in pregnancy. I do not see how pointing out the chance of a chemical is constructive to the OP.