Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 04/18/2017

Hi everybody, it's checkin time!

Hugs to anybody who needs one, and congratulations to any BFP's this week!

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@blessedmomma88: dx: PCOS, anovulation Rx: Clomid, Metformin
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@CrunchyBaby2: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@eadams08: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozol 5mg+trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone
@iloverocksalot dx:High FSH/PCOS/Auto-Immunity, DH low morphology, Rx: DHEA + Microdose Lupron +
IVF/ICSI
@Jaje09182010: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid w/IUI
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@jojomama25: dx: MFI Rx: supplements + TI
@JRB3: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@Kay6519: dx: PCOS rx: testing
@lablover78: dx: unexplained/irreg and MTHFR
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@madasm0530 dx: PCOS Rx: Provera+Femara+IUI
@MamaMunn: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + TI
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@meli123k: dx unexplained  Rx:  IVF + ICSI
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@MrsMcMilkshakes: dx: cysts, testing
@MurphyGrace dx: Unexplained Rx:  Letrozole + Menopur injections + Ovidrel+ IUI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine to lower TSH
@NikkiPSU: Unexplained Rx: TI
@Plainjanie: DX- mild MFI. Rx- Monitored cycle with TI.
@pretzel2plus1: dx: Endometriosis Rx: laparascopy
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI
@Starlight811 dx: DOR Rx:  Menopur + Gonal F + Ovidrel + Progesterone suppositories + IUI
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@vssbrm: dx: Minor Vercosis, morphology, high prolactin  Rx: Clomid + IUI + ovidrel + prolactin meds
@Mrs.RedHead dx: Unexplained Rx: Testing with RE
@PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@avocuddle dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@kmallery08 dx: unexplained Rx:Clomid, GonalF, Trigger Shot, IUI and Progesterone
@greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
@KariShoe dx: Unexplained Rx: Preparing for testing
@kaitlink33 dx: IR pcos Rx: Femara + trigger + TI
@Spaniard: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@BunnyW23: dx: vasectomy (reversal) Rx: IUI
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@RunsUponATime: dx: in testing Rx: Clomid
@whenwillieversleep: dx:low progesterone Rx: Testing, suppositories
@lindybird: dx: low hormone levels Rx: homeopathic treatments
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
@MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 dx:?  Rx: testing
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked follopian tube DH: normal  rx: clomid

QOTW: Your friend colors her hair a REALLY unusual shade but loves it. Like, job opportunity killing bad. Do you:

a) Take the risk of hurting her feelings by telling her that fushia hair isn't the best choice for becoming a financial analyst.
b) Recommend your colorist, who is an expert at explaining this stuff anyway.
c) Keep your mouth shut, it's her business and maybe she'll be the first pink haired analyst on Wall St.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 04/18/2017

• Oh man, can't believe it's Tuesday already. I was waiting for AF and my baseline to post an update in the last thread - by the time all that happened, it was time to go away for a few days (visiting in-laws), and now it's the new thread. Bah.

My baseline was clear, so I've started clomid again and am going in for my last IUI at the end of this month, if all goes well. :) Clomid hot flashes have started, only 3 days in this time, so that is a record!

@BenJay - I was happy to see your post last thread! And @Mythril - I missed you guys!

QOTW: Depends on the friend. I'd like to say "A", but I have a couple of friends where I'd choose "C".

I was thinking about it this weekend - we have one friend who is a great, hard-working guy, but he's not very good at all the administrative stuff - like making sure insurance never lapses and taxes are paid and everything (he has a small business). Because of some administrative lapses, he's having a hard time, and he was talking about how unlucky he was... I had to bite my tongue, and not be like: "Luck shmuck - you were negligent, and now you're paying for it. Your luck was that you got away with it for so long." 

I think I was extra hard on him because with IF, I've been thinking about luck a lot. With IF, you have to work so much harder to have a baby than the general population, and even within the IF community, there are so many shades to it - some of us will have to work so, so much harder than others, and some of us, even when we make several attempts, will never bear a child. It's daunting and humbling and awful, and for most of us, it's not like there's a traceable reason - it's not like we can see: "Oh, this terrible thing has happened because I did X in college, or because I was honeymooning with my H for too long." It's just the cards we were dealt. It's not because we made poor, short-sighted choices, or couldn't see our own weaknesses enough to fortify.

Sometimes it feels like I'm surrounded by pink-haired financial analysts, and I'm the one who has natural colored hair and is like: "But, why can't I dye my hair some crazy colour and get whatever job I want too!?" Like there are different rules for me.
  • kaitlink33kaitlink33 member
    edited April 2017
    My follow up is exactly a week from today if this cycle doesn't pan out, which I'm assuming it won't...but that's me being cynical about it anymore. Other than that, nothing new on my end just kinda waiting it out. 
    So I had my first therapist visit yesterday and she told me for the next time to think of 2 strengths and a weakness....am I the only one who can only think of weaknesses for themselves? 
    @funkykey I totally feel like there are different rules for us and I hate it...
    Qotw: I guess it would depend on my mood that day if I would say something or let it go
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Sitting here about 3dpo...just waiting for my RE appointment next Tuesday. 

QOTW: I think it depends. Does she already work at a financial institution? Or is she in school for it? I would maybe ask her if she thinks it would restrict her professional options or not and see what she says. Then you could just play it by ear. If she just shuts down the convo then I would let her figure it out on her own. 

@funkykey it does seem like there are different life rules for different people. I have a pet peeve with people who blame others or say that they have bad luck for things they have neglected to do. I bust my butt making sure I have all of my ducks in a row. There is no reason why they can't either. 

@kaitlink33 I think it's pretty normal for people to mostly recognize their weaknesses. I don't always think it's a bad thing - as it means that you are aware that it is a weakness and you are working on being a better person. But it is important to realize your strengths as well. Everyone has strengths even when it seems like they don't. I would ask you DH or family and friends what they think your strengths are. It might help you get the ball rolling to see them for yourself. You're struggling with your fertility and are still managing to function without killing anyone (well hopefully, lol) so that's a strength! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited April 2017
    @kaitlink33 - "think of 2 strengths and a weakness....am I the only one who can only think of weaknesses for themselves? "

Aww! Don't let IF get you down!

ETA: Hahaha @MooFish2364 - just the thought of IF-motivated murders made me laugh. LOL. A roaming group of renegade IF women, punishing obnoxious facebook posters like a wrath in the night. Mwahahahaha! 
    >:) 
  • I cancelled my RE appointment for next Tuesday because I've now ovulated two cycles on my own. OB wants to keep me on this dosage of Letrozole for two more cycles because she says it's working...but I'm ovulating late (CD 21/22) and when I did that previously she said it probably wasn't due to the drug.

Whatever though, I'm just hoping my body finally got its shit together and can ovulate now. And if not/if I don't get KU, I'll schedule another RE appointment later.

QOTW: Honestly, probably C. They'll figure it out for themselves eventually!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MooFish2364 how I've managed not to murder someone sometimes is beyond me lol thanks for the tops though, I might just do that (ask people)
    @funkykey IF-motivated murderers! Omg I love it haha
    NTNP since 2012
  • Hi all! I'm mid-cycle and ready for IUI#4 tomorrow morning.  At my follie check on Friday I had one at 16mm.  DH also has an appointment with his urologist tomorrow afternoon.  It's great timing since we'll have the SA from the IUI to share.  I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see better numbers than our three IUIs last fall since DH's count and testosterone were improving on clomid. 

QOTW: Probably C, but with some I might be inclined to cautiously inquire if she thinks it will fly in whatever field she's in.

@FunkyKey and @Moofish2364 I have a similar pet peeve with people who don't take responsibility for their own actions.  I'm not always the most responsible, but at least if I screw it up I realize I brought whatever trouble comes on myself.  @FunkyKey what did you end up saying to him?

@MJDSquared That's great that you're ovulating on your own and the letrozole is working for you.  Is there a long wait to get an RE appointment where you are or will you be able to get in pretty quickly if you decide you need one?

@kaitlink33 Ah that is a hard question!  I agree with what others said about recognizing our weaknesses more easily.  Finding something positive to say about yourself is hard, especially because it can sometimes feel like bragging.  I always go off of what others have said to me about my positive attributes.  

• @funkykey Thank you! That makes my heart happy!!

So, I think that I may have ovulated.... AND I'M EXCITED. I've had 3 periods on my own since taking the levothyroxine and metormin.

The first was 22 days and I didn't get to chart a temp shift because I lost my thermometer.

The second was 28 days but the temp shift put my o day at CD25 so my luteal phase would have been 3 days if accurate.

The next cycle was 59 days and I had to take provera.

The third cycle was 18 days with no temperature shift. It was quite a surprise (they all were.) And I don't know what the deal is there.

This cycle I'm at CD18. I felt a very sharp pain Saturday night and a few times through out Sunday. So I thought o might've been Sunday. I took an opk Sunday and it was pretty dark, not sure if positive. Then yesterday my opk was barely there. And today FF got dotted crosshairs. Sooooo. Yeah, I'm excited and hopeful and I'm hoping for at least a 10 day luteal phase.

Is it sad when I'm hoping for a luteal phase and not a pregnancy?

QOTW: I would probably not say anything unless she asked me my opinion. Depending on the friend I might express concern with getting a job with the color, but I'd probably phrase it more in the "do you think it will be okay?" and let her answer me. It's her life, she's probably thought about it. And hair is easy enough to dye back if she ends up struggling for it.

But then again, my hair is currently bright purple. (AND I LOVE IT.)
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @Bababatty yes, I definitely feel like I'm bragging when I acknowledge a strength. I know I shouldn't, but I've never thought much of myself so it's hard when I say something good about myself because I feel like what if I'm wrong and that's not a strength for me and I only think it is.... boy, reading that back maybe I need counseling more than I knew. Lol
    @Mythril yay for ovulating! And my hair is blue/ fading to purple too lol but I already have a job and knew they wouldn't care, if I was job hunting I totally wouldn't have dyed it like this. Ha 
    NTNP since 2012
  • @kaitlink33 You have a point. I'm a housewife currently, so I knew it was a good time to do it. I've always wanted to and I felt it was now or never!
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @Bababatty FX so hard this is your cycle!!!
    Luckily the RE I was going to go with didn't take too long to get in with. When I initially emailed on March 24th, they were scheduling for the week of the 17th (this week). I waited until the next week when they were scheduling for the week of the 24th so I would be able to miss my period/test before going in.

@kaitlink33 I'm the same way. I'd find it hard to think of strengths.

@Mythril I recognize you from when I just joined or was lurking! Ovulating is something I seriously could've thrown a party for. I was so excited last cycle when it finally happened! FX that your luteal phase is longer this time!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Hey all,
    Nothing to report (again). Just sitting on CD29 and waiting to hopefully ovulate soon. I've had a couple of low temps that then jump up super high (0.6 degrees Celsius increase), but then they drop straight back down again. So nothing but frustration...

QOTW: Keep my mouth shut. My friend's choices are their decisions, not mine :)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @funkykey GL with your IUI!  And I agree about people not taking responsibilty for their poor choices and then blaming bad luck.  Ummm, no, when I do everything correctly and still have a bad outcome...that's bad luck.

@kaitlink33 I agree with what everyone else said, for whatever reason, it is harder to think of strengths.  I hope therapy helps.

@MJDsquared Yay for ovulating on your own!

@Bababatty GL with your IUI
    @Mythril- Fx you ovulated!
    @Tops- Fx you ovulate soon!

AFM, had my ultrasound yesterday...and the cyst is gone!  We are cleared for IUI #2.  They are going to increase my Letrazole to 7.5mg for this cycle.  @GoldenKeys could you update that for me in my Rx?  So now it's just the waiting game for AF to poke her head in.

QOTW: Quite honestly, I have a friend who has, since high school, colored her hair just about every color of the rainbow so I have zero cares as to what someone colors their hair, so I wouldn't say anything.  As to how professional it is....I think it depends on the job.  There is so much more flexibility in those kinds of things now days.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

edited April 2017
    So I just wanted to throw this out there and vent a little bit, I hope you guys don't mind.... **TW** so yet another co-worker is pregnant this makes about 9 or so and this particular co-worker just told me about 2 months ago that her and her dh are not ready for kids and wouldn't be trying for a very very long time and that she was on bc.....well today I found out that one of the other pregnant ladies is pregnant with twins (same as another co-worker who happens to be my 2nd cousin) and is posting all over the work fb page about it so I keep getting notifications....i mean I guess I'm happy for her since they were conceived through if, but she told me her story and she is a 1/1 SS....they didn't try on their own AT ALL before doing I've because her dh takes some sort of medication that the Dr. Said it would be harder (but not impossible) to get pregnant on their own so their first I've was successful with not only one but two babies.....im just totally bummed.. I think mostly because I know this is probably our last cycle before we give up for good depending on what my RE recommends on tuesday.../**TW** sorry for the rant and dear diary 
    NTNP since 2012
  • Hey ladies! 

@funkykey FX for your IUI this month! I feel you on the whole luck thing. My MIL has contributed MH's and I's success (career wise, owning our own house, etc.) on "luck" in the past and it really pissed me off.  We aren't successful because of luck, it's because we work hard. I think I makes people who don't have the things they want feel better to just attribute it to "bad luck"

@MJDsquared  yay for ovulation!!

@Bababatty  FX so hard for IUI #4!!

@hoffmanr7  yay for the cycst being gone! FX for your IUI! 

@kaitlink33  hugs to you  <3

AFM... I'm WTO. Cycle day 20 with super negative OPK's, so I guess this will be a long one.

We had our follow up with the RE today and I'm confused. MH's SA was great! All of his numbers/counts were in the normal range. While I'm glad that's the case... I'm just confused. What are we supposed to do now? What is the problem? 

We we are going to do one more SA in a few months since the 2 are contradictory. I am really just hoping the the HSG I had last week is what we needed to get this show on the road. 
  • @hoffmanr7 - "Ummm, no, when I do everything correctly and still have a bad outcome...that's bad luck." Exactly. 

Also, I am so glad your cyst is gone! :D

@MJDsquared, @Mythril - hooray for ovulation! 

@Bababatty - how was the IUI?!

@kaitlink33 - that sucks. :( 

@Kim41313 - yeah, I get that sense sometimes with my inlaws. I mean, to a certain extent, they're right - in many, many ways, I am ridiculously lucky and have had a lot of advantages. But I've also worked very hard and strategically - sometimes it feels like they ignore that side. Ah well. It's pretty easy to brush it off when you have a nice life, you know? Like, sometimes I feel uncomfortable, but then we get to go home to our nice home, so it's really water off a duck's back.
  • Thanks all for the good wishes!  The IUI today was fantastic.  DH's total motile count was 9.9 million after the wash, which is astounding for us and double what our doctor wants to see (4-5 million).  The clomid has worked wonders.  Our first three IUIs last fall (pre-clomid) were all around 2 million total motile after the wash.  It took me a second to register when the doctor told me the number this morning, and then I think I shocked her with my enthusiasm, haha.  It's been a long road.   :D

@Mythril Hooray for ovulation and FX for a good LP!!

@Tops I'm sorry for the frustration!  I hope you ovulate soon!

@hoffmanr7 That's great news!  Hooray for no cysts!  FX so hard for this next IUI.

@kaitlink33 Lots of creepy internet hugs to you.  I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that right now.  9 KU co-workers, and at least one SS 1/1?  UGH.... I really hope you get some good news from your RE on Tuesday.  

@Kim41313 That's good news about your H's SA!  Maybe the first one was a fluke?  I'm sorry this means it sounds like you have to wait a few more months to get a final verdict, though.  After the HSG will you have all the tests in for your side?
    edited April 2017
    @Bababatty thanks. Actually one other was a 1/1 AS too as she just got married has 2 other kids and decided they were gonna try on their honeymoon and voila conceived that night. I'm hoping for good news too....its been a long exhausting journey. I'm glad your IUI went great and YH numbers have improved!
    NTNP since 2012
  • @funkykey - You are so sweet! Thank you <3. When we were on a break, I lurked a bit but I just couldn't even.

8am ultrasound yesterday for me which was a green light. Never did get technical results just scheduled the procedure.  Ovidrel injection tomorrow and IUI on Saturday morning. Looking forward to our traditional post-procedure brunch at this Swedish cafe. 

I did get the most effing amazing ultrasound tech ever. She was funny with a lovely, dry sense of humor. No stirrups - a cushion! And apparently she's the champion of the cushion in u/s and doesn't understand why people still love stirrups. (How archaic!, we remarked) Anyway, total silver lining of the month is finding that awesome tech and my GP being a rockstar with adjusting my thyroid meds. It's so refreshing to have a doctor who experienced infertility herself.

Thinking good thoughts for you all. <3
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• *TW*

So I tested at 11dpo and got a BFP! I went to my RE at 15dpo and had my beta and progesterone drawn. My beta came back at 80 which was in the range that they'd like it to be, but my progesterone only came back at 10 (half of what they want it to be). So he prescribed me vaginal progesterone suppositories -yuck- and told me to come back in two days to re-draw my beta. That was today and beta came back at 138. They seem slightly concerned because it didn't double and want me to come back in two more days for another. The nurse told me to be "cautiously optimistic" but now I'm so worried that something is wrong :s
  • OMG @greenange! Congratulations! What was it - 2 years to get you to ovulate on your own, and then BOOM. (Speaking of slow then fast.) FX and sending you lots of good thoughts.
  • Congrats @greenange! Fx for a sticky bean!
    NTNP since 2012
  • @greenange yay! Congrats!

@Bababatty yay! So glad your IUI went well!! I have everything crossed for you!!  I actually had my HSG last week, so we are all done with testing now. Everything looks good, my tubes are clear and all the other testing was normal. I am hoping for some post HSG BFP magic! :D It's possible the first SA was a fluke. MH did make some lifestyle changes (excercising regularly and taking a multivitamin). I'm not sure that that would account for the increase though. (It went from 6 million per cc to 62 million per cc. If that is the wonders of a multivitamin then everyone should be taking one!).

I know I should feel happy about this, and I do. But I'm also just confused. When we thought his low count was the problem that gave me something that we could "fix" (or at least try to). Or treatments we could do that have been shown to be effective for mild MFI. But now .... I don't know. How can I fix something when I don't know what the problem is? 

I think we are going to keep trying on our own until the next SA, and then go from there. If that is normal maybe we will do some medicated TI cycles. 
  • @greenange Ahhh FX so so hard for you!!!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Congrats @greenange!!! FX for sky high beta tomorrow! *Im mobiling but will check back for everyone's updates!

I don't think I've checked in here for a cpl weeks now :| 

Found out Easter Sunday that IUI cycle #2 didn't work, boo. So now we're on to our third and final IUI before IVF if necessary. But I think I'm voting to squeeze a summer break in there first if we have too because I've literally put my life on hold for nearly 2.5 years at this point and I just want some time not to think about it. 

At my baseline on Tuesday I had a 12mm cyst on each ovary and a 21mm "complex" cyst on my right. She said a complex cyst could be where I ovulated from but when I googled it it didn't seem like that's what it is. Anyone have any insight on complex cysts?

I was cleared to proceed regardless and will go back in cd14 for a follie check. AFC was 14 and lining was a 5, which she noted was thin but last time at my baseline it was a 2.9 and I ended up with "very fluffy" lining by IUI day. Is there such a thing as too fluffy?
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @greenange Hurray for BFP! Keeping fx for a sticky bean and a big jump in your next beta.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @MJDsquared @Mythril Yay for ovulation!

@funkykey Since when is there an alternate definition of luck?

AFM, I had my colpo yesterday and the doctor didn't see anything, so YAY. I think I was more scared that he would bench me than anything else. I'm impatiently waiting for AF so I can get a new cycle going. Maybe 9th time is the charm to get me to ovulate.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Congratulations, @pawcall!!
  • @pawcall I miss you! But I am glad to hear all is well and you have graduated from your RE!
  • I keep creepily lurking to check on the IUIers, I miss you guys!  I still can't quite believe this is happening.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• My first check in since being back
    i'm currently benched while I heal .... my OB says have to hold off on BD'ing for another week and half to make sure i am healed up but after that we can TTC whenever we are ready- so i'll be making an appointment with my RE around that time
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Two things this week have hit me a lot harder than I ever woyld have expected. My job is determining eligibility for food stamps and medicaid. Back in the day they used to require proif if pregnancy, now you just tell us. Well some girl uploaded her sonogram to her online case. I wasn't expecting to see that because there was nothing in the notes and the document was just titled other document. Before I realized what was happing tears were streaming down my face. I'm so glaf my assignment for the next 3 months doesn't involve dealing with people and I can stay holed up in my cubicle. 

Second thing was today. I had to have some c spine and lumbar xrays done. They will do a pregnancy test prior to the xrays to make sure you're not pregnant so there is no risk of exposre. I signed the waiver because I know I'm not, but for some reason having to write that my last period was 8/20/16 felt like a shot through the heart. 

On the up side I have offically lost 5 lbs so something with the Metformin must be working!!! 

Congrats to all the BFPs! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• @eranvo27 I'm sorry you've had a rough week :( I hope things start looking up for you soon. When I had to have my HyCoSy they questioned that I was on CD17 and said there was no chance of pregnancy (because they have to make sure you aren't pregnant too) and I just had to tell them that I don't often ovulate so my cycles are often 2-3 months long :/

**TW**
    I went to a baby shower for my cousin today. They struggled for 3 years to get KU, so I really am so happy for them, but I had no idea how hard it would be to go to a shower :( I ended up leaving early and had a cry in the car on the way home.
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks so much guys  <3 It still seems so unreal

@funkykeyyes! Two whole years with my RE and nothing and then I ovulate ONCE on my own. I couldn't be more shocked! I was beginning to give up hope and then boom! DH is so proud, he keeps saying "I knew my boys would swim". He thinks he's Superman now. 

Our numbers are still rising slowly. They're not doubling but they're still rising! They're concerned about my BP so they've been treating me like a pincushion trying to find a cause. Turns out I also have a UTI because of the progesterone. So now I'm going to be on BP meds and an antibiotic for a while. But it'll all be worth it if everything works out.
  • tops-2tops-2 member
    edited April 2017
    **TW (maybe?)**
    So, I'm a bit excited but at the same time - not sure how to read this. I feel like I never understand what my body is doing any more haha.
    I have had a small amount of dark brown bleeding today on CD33. If this is AF - fantastic! A 33 day cycle would be amazing coming off a 91 day cycle.
    Based on temping though I don't think I'm quite at the end of my cycle... So I've been wondering if it's possible that it's attachment bleeding?
    I could just be getting myself excited over nothing, although if it is AF that is still exciting too.
    Argh I know I'm just rambling and it's probably nothing, but I had to unload somewhere and this forum and you wonderful people are my outlet :p
    Oh and another note to add - I had a migraine and vomiting on Thursday and I usually only get those with big hormonal changes
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Today is CD2 for me and I couldn't be happier as over the past 9 months since my MMC, I've gone from no periods, to spotting, to light periods and now it seems like I'm bleeding a normal amount (30-45ml in the first 24 hours of AF!)! All thanks to modern medicine! (Appropriate since yesterday (CD1) was the March for Science.)

I'm hoping my docs think this is good enough news to let us TTC this month (though I potentially have an office hysteroscopy on May 23 to take a peek at my uterus to make sure everything looks good and no more surgery is needed). I know it could be a long road before we get KU, but it's already been a long road and I'm just hoping to finally be back in the game!

Now I just want to start getting my eating and exercise habits back in line and out of stress mode!

*TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • I'm getting my FET on Thursday!  I'm so nervous after all of my losses but hopeful this will be the one that sticks. We are planning to transfer 2 embryos and I'll be happy with however many stick around and become an outside baby. 

Question- C because I don't want to get involved. I might also just casually mention a random made up story about hiring I do in my job and some person we passed on because they had rainbow hair. 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• I hope it's ok if I still lurk on this board to follow the ladies I've gotten to know (fx for your IUI @funkykey and hoping this FET is the one that sticks @Worldtravler0522 !!). 

@GoldenKeys im going to officially graduate myself, **TW** we had our first ultrasound today and got to see our little bean (just one!) with their heart beating away! **TW**
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker